All reviews social hour homemade dessert decanter of sherry other guests large balcony bed and breakfast cordova street sister property within walking distance b bs happy hour downtown historic area the location is perfect every evening jetted tub beach cottage wine and beer
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I loved Casa de Suenos so much! This was my and my husband's first B&B experience and we were so pleased with the amenities, the comfort, and the hospitality. Steve greeted us our first day and prepared us very well for our stay at the B&B and venturing around town. We were taken care of by Kendra our final 2 days and she was just as accommodating for whatever we needed or guiding us to local favorites. They were both so wonderful.

Breakfast, social hour (loved the sangria), and dessert were all prepared beautifully, very good and sufficient for our time and purpose there. We were interested in trying as many local restaurants as possible, so we did not take advantage of the prepared breakfast but the fridge stocked with drinks anytime of day and snack basket after hours was perfect, as was arriving to (excellent!) dessert in our room in the evening!

I told my husband I don't think a hotel chain would ever satisfy after the comfort and convenience of Casa de Seunos. We walked every where we went because it was located so close to everything we wanted to see in the historic district. (Bikes were available but not necessary for the short walk or with our desire to venture in and out of different places.)

Our room was beautiful and very clean. We really enjoyed the Castillo room, but when we visit the area again I would love to enjoy the Cordova room and take advantage of the large balcony! All of the rooms we seen, vacant at the time, were beautiful. One thing I recall now is how quiet the staff was even during hours I assume they were cleaning for new guests.

The whole staff worked very efficiently but discretely, and always kind and accommodating! Returning to the B&B day or night was a restful and refreshing treat during our stay in St. Augustine. This was the perfect getaway for my husband and me, I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

The service was excellent and the room was one of the best we have ever selected. Linda, Steve and Kendra were very courteous and gracious hosts. They were constantly trying to please all the guests. The breakfast was great as was social hour and snacks. Dessert served to your room each night....Fantastic.
They arranged a sunset sail that was included and a horse and buggy tour. They handled all the details.
We have reservations for December!!!!!

Room Tip: Cordova was the best of all rooms our opinion.
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have stayed in dozens of bed and breakfasts (and have reviewed several on Trip Advisor). B & B s are charming, staffed by folks that seem genuinely interested in making your stay as enjoyable as possible, and serve delicious hot breakfast.
I arrived at Casa de Suenos at 1:30am after being caught in a post eclipse traffic jam. I called ahead and spoke with Linda to tell her I would be arriving very late. Linda told me the Inn was unattended after 9 pm but that she would leave a key for me, my room would be left open, and cupcakes would be waiting for me. In the morning her chef would gladly make a delicious breakfast for my wife and myself anytime between 7:30 and 9:30 am. Having fallen to sleep after 2:30 I considered sleeping in and skipping breakfast but Linda's promise of a delicious breakfast was too hard to resist. I should have slept in. The only hot breakfast items offered were scrambled eggs and biscuits with sausage flavored gravy. I recently had a better breakfast when I stayed at a Hyatt Place hotel.
The hotel is charming, the bed was comfortable, the staff friendly, but the breakfast was sub par. There are dozens of B&Bs in St. Augustine to choose from. This Bed and breakfast needs to step up its breakfast or it's going to be in trouble

Reviewed August 21, 2017

We were in need of a romantic night away without kids or dogs, and decided to try a Bed and Breakfast for the first time. We were both a little nervous of how it would be since this was something new (my husband especially)! Wow! were we impressed with this place! The innkeeper ,Steve, was so kind and informative. They want to make sure you have everything you need ,and feel at home. They had a nice cocktail hour with BBQ meatballs, veggie tray, sangria, wine, and beer. We were then greeted with Brownies in our room in the evening. Drinks were in the fridge and coffee/tea available anytime. Breakfast was great and also included mimosas and bloody mary's (unfortunately I am pregnant though so couldn't enjoy all those yummy drinks! Next time!) We stayed in the Castillo room and it was very clean.

Great time in St. Augustine! Short walk to downtown. You have to eat at dinner at The Floridian and for lunch try Pizza Time (Cash Only, it is ranked #2 in U.S. on tripadvisor for pizza and was amazing!) If you haven't tried a bed and breakfast before I highly recommend! I don't recommend the Ghosts and Gravestones tour , very cheesy and boring!

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Excellent staff, quiet, restful accommodations, with a ton of things to do within walking distance. Great homemade breakfast every morning. Dessert brought to your room every night. Every room is furnished differently. Very nicely done.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms upstairs have a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family