“Love the hospitality and setting.”
Review of Southern Wind Inn

Southern Wind Inn
Ranked #23 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Mansfield, OH
Reviewed May 1, 2005

The Souther Wind Inn was a much appropriate place for rest and renewal in the historic district of St. Augustine Florida. I, especially, enjoyed the wonderful gourmet breakfasts and the afternoon social hour with ice tea, wine, and baked goodies. It was much appreciated that the Inn provided beach accessories since I left mine at home. Will visit again. This was my second time there and loved it both times.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Naples , Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2005

Let me start by saying WOW what a huge disappointment it was to stay at this establishment . We were appalled by the lack of hospitality and the feeling that we were not made welcome. We actaully felt as thought we were an in convience to the innkeepers.
After arriving the innkeeper took my credit card and well the experience just went further downhill from there.The rooms featured on there website are VERY misleading they are older then what was pictured. The jacuzzi in my room was not at all a jucuzzi but more of a garden tub that was certanily not ment for 2 people.
On both of the mornings we stayed there we were never greeted with a SMILE a HELLO or even a GOOD MORNING instead it was a cold and sterile enviroment .
Our morning breakfast was also a dissapointment the entrees were cold unappealing and I am still unclear as to who served me breakfast as she never introduced herself to us. You also had to rush and if you didnt your plate would be picked up quickly and made to feel yet again you were bothering the innkeepers
The price that this establishment charged for a 2 night stay on the weekend was so over priced I become ill when I think of what I could of had for the same price.
I hope in the future they become aware of what the PINEAPPLE really signifies as they have no clue now .

• Stayed: February 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2005

After an exhaustive search over the internet I thought that I had booked the perfect Valentine's Day room. I was sadly mistaken. I had read all the wonderful reviews on this B&B and now feel like I must have stayed at a different place because I do not feel the same way. The pictures of the house and rooms on the website are very deceiving. Our room was a much older, worn version of the picture. The private entrance is great except for the fact they you share a very small narrow staircase with another room and since our neighbors sat on the staircase outside of our door all night smoking there was an extreme lack of privacy. Jacuzzi is barely big enough for 2 people(and we are not big people), breakfast let me just say not good, and the innkeeper took my credit card number when arriving and I never saw him again and I'm not sure who served us breakfast because she never introduced herself. Extremely overpriced considering the many choices that are available in this city. I hope I can save somebody else from the disappointment I felt on such a special day.

• Stayed: February 2005
4  Thank DonnettaV
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed September 1, 2004

Discovered this lovely B&B by chance and loved it so much that we decided to end our two week holiday by returning for a further two nights. St Augustine is wonderful and the comfort and hospitality at The Southern Wind Inn made our holiday trully magical.

Spring Hill, FL
Reviewed March 5, 2004

We took an entire weekend package. Found the innkeepers friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was comfortable and bueatiful. The entire accommodation had an easy, laid-back, southern plantation feel. Yet it was only a few block from the old town. An easy strole away. The breakfast was gormet and the setting delightful. Enjoy it in the victorian dining room or on the cool and cozy front porch sheltered by a huge Live Oak tree. Am looking forward to returning soon.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2003

Gracious bed and breakfast very close to shops and restaurants of downtown St. Augustine. Stayed in the Pullman room which has a separate entrance off the driveway. Tasteful decorations in the room, comfortable bed with wonderful jacuzzi tub. Small bathroom. Strong A/C.
Excellent breakfast with good variety and hot entree prepared by the innkeepers. The front porch was decorated with tiles bearing the names of former guests and what they were celebrating.

Limited parking behind the inn....larger vehicles like SUVs requested to park in lot across the street...not a problem.

Common dining and living areas excellent with late afternoon and evening snacks, hot cider, coffee. I would recommend this inn to couples looking for a romantic weekend getaway.

1  Thank chintravel
Reviewed March 25, 2003

A truly enjoyable experience. The breakfast was completely fresh made and superb both days of our stay. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the hospitality of the hosts wonderful. The housekeeping is immaculate and you are located in the boutique area of old St. Augustine. You can walk virtually anywhere you wish to go in 20 minutes or less at a leisurely pace. Loved the place.