Southern Wind Inn
$206
$187
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$185
$159
$199
$161
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
AscendHotels
$240
$229
Autograph
  • Restaurant
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
$132
Travelocity
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
$107
All reviewsveranda roomcrystal roombed and breakfastb biced teafront porchchocolate chip cookiesparking permitday bedcordova streetwhipped creamyogurthoneymoon suitewithin walking distanceacross the streetold townprivate bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

great location in the city ..well within ALL major points of interest and restaurants...the facilty is very asthetically pleasing and the rooms are clean and very cozy , the staff is very helpful and the breakfast and coffee is excellent,,highly recoommended and I do plan on many repeat visits ..in my opinion this is the best choice available ...the porchs (both) are excellent for relaxing...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I chose the Southern Wind for its location and reasonable prices. As B&B's go, it needs a little TLC. A power washer would do wonders for the exterior. We were greeted by the owner, Scott. He was very nice, he seemed a bit rushed but he reviewed a map of the city for us and escorted us to our room. The room was fine. It wasn't a real fancy B&B but the furnishing were appropriate period pieces, the mattress was comfortable, it was clean and the air conditioning worked great. The private bath had a shower stall and was clean.

Here's the strange part. We were told breakfast was served at 9:00am and we would be served if we showed up by 9:29. A rather small window of time I thought. Scott told us otherwise they leave coffee out till about 10:00. So if you're an early riser you have to wait and if you like to sleep in (like us), you'll miss out. We made the effort and got breakfast both days and it was quite good. However, on day two the cooked egg dish was served with a muffin. I asked if there were nuts in it, Scott said yes, asked if I was allergic, I said yes and he plucked it off my plate and left. I somewhat expected a replacement (toast would have been fine) but it never came and wasn't offered. We jokingly referred to the owners as the reluctant innkeepers for the remainder of our journey. They weren't overly service oriented nor did they seem interested in their customers as you usually expect at a nice B&B.

Overall there are great things about the place. Excellent location. It's reasonably priced and way better and nicer than the nearby Monterey Inn. It's in a nice setting. Breakfast on the porch is lovely. Clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Garden room was nice. Queen size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The cookies late at night when we got home were great. I ate them all. The room had warm wooden floors with a huge kingsize bed. (Veronda room) The location was great and was easy to walk to every where in historic St Augustine. The owners made a good breakfast and were very helpful when we arrived with a map and times for food. The water pressure in the shower was awesome!! Very romantic old building with beautiful architecture. We stayed for under 150 on a Monday and couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks again Southern Wind!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Like everyone, we have been so busy and just realized that we forgot to write a review. We frequent the St. Augustine area for business and pleasure and we look forward in staying at the Southern Wind Inn as it has become our favorite place to stay. Besides Southern Wind's great rooms and location Donna's cheesy egg breakfast is delicious and Scott is always available to answer any questions about St. Augustine or the Inn. Take a step back in time to relax and learn a little about our American history in St. Augustine, you won't be disapointed. Thanks again for another memorable stay!

Room Tip: We have been pleased with the variety of rooms that we have stayed in so far. Each has their own personality and uniqueness.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My daughter and I decided, at the spur of the moment to spend the night in St. Augustine. My husband and I had stayed at Southern Wind several times in the past and had really enjoyed our stay. So I called the Innkeeper and he was very accomodating.

We stayed in the porcelain room which was very clean, nicely furnished and quiet. My daugter was defintley charmed! The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast is from 9:00 to 9:30 and it would be beneficial to extend the breakfast time to an hour.
Our breakfast was a blueberry blintz withe canadian bacon. A little heavy, but there was yogurt, fresh fruit, granola and a variety of toast. The coffee was amazing, (nice heavy coffee mugs to!)

The second story has a big covered porch where we spent over an hour talking and rocking shaded by the nearby oak tree. The porch was spacious and clean, but could use a paint touch up.

The Inn is close to the center of St. Augustine, but adjacent to the residential area. It is close enough to observe the horse and buggies and watch the activity at some of the restaurants and stores, but far enough away to have a quiet night's sleep.

We would come back for another visit.

Room Tip: Have stayed in three different rooms, liked them all.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family