“Aniversary trip to St. Augustine”
Review of Southern Wind Inn

Southern Wind Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was a nice place to stay and within walking distance of historic downtown St. Augustine. We had an upstairs patio which was a great place to sit and relax with a glass of wine. We enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again.

Breakfast is @ 0900, so you will be getting a late start in the mornings if you choose to eat at the Southern Wind Inn. The TV is tiny but we weren't there to watch TV so it didn't matter to us. The step up into the tub/shower in the Veranda Room was a bit tall so if you have limited physical mobility you may have some difficulty getting in or out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We spent one night in the Southern Wind. I tend to agree with some of the other reviews. There are so many other B and B's in town that are better. Choose one other than this one.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I just stayed there this past Memorial day weekend. We arrived around noon on Sunday, and they let us parked our car in their parking while our room was getting ready, we went to walk around the town, since check in was at 3p.m. Overall we liked the place, old but well maintained, very nice location, I wouldn't mind staying there again; the only issue was that on Sunday aorung 8:24 p.m., I was not feeling well and wanted to have some hot tea( which I had brought with me) I only needed water, I asked Scott for some water, and his response was "Well that is something that we don't offer at this time, I'm actually off the clock, I'm about to have dinner"; I even asked if there was a microwave that I could use myself to just warm up some water, and he said no. I mean I wasn't asking for him to serve me a three course meal or anything like that, was "just hot water".

1  Thank AryBJ
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have stayed at numerous B&B's in St Augustine so we are well aware of the excellent ones that are there. I'm going to keep this simple. Don't stay here...especially if it is your first B&B experience. The only plus to this place was it's convenient location. Everything else was below average....and we are not picky at all. Take my advice...avoid this one.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms. AVOID staying here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tgator
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Celebrated our anniversary at the Southern Wind Inn this weekend and had lovely stay. The Inn is beautiful and offers great attention to detail. We stayed in the Veranda Room and it was beautiful and comfortable. The Inn is in a great location for walking and the food was excellent.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

this was the 2en best b&b we stayed in the room was very nice cozy and the whole inn was very old but well maintained and in the heart of st augestine were everything was a walk away or ride their bikes it was a very pleasent time and it was our 30th anversey and what a better place to stay

Room Tip: corner front rooms i think would be the best they have the balkney right buy them and all the goast...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a weekend trip to St. Augustine. We absolutely loved the place! We stayed in the Honeymoon suite and took full advantage of the in-room jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was a little too soft for my liking, but I felt it fit with the honeymoon theme. The breakfast was great every morning with fresh coffee and fruit. Scott was great in helping me arrange a surprise for my fiance with the tour the city package. The inn was in walking distance to everything that my fiance and I wanted to see. We will definitely stay here again when we return back to St. Augustine.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple