“Outstanding Stay - Beautiful Rooms, Perfect Location & Professional Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Agustin Inn

Agustin Inn
Ranked #10 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
St. Augustine, Florida
“Outstanding Stay - Beautiful Rooms, Perfect Location & Professional Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

The new ownership and management is apparent as our stay at this Inn was perfect, not a single complaint or concern. The Agustin Inn is a comfortable from A-Z. The room was great with quaint downtown and peeks of the intercoastal and had a balcony to boot! The staff was accomodating and eager to ensure that we enjoyed every moment of our stay... We were never made to feel as though we were intruding! The location has got to be one of the best, as its the last building on Cuna... A quaint, narrow, brick street. Literally a few steps to St. George, with the waterfront just at the end of the block. Breakfast and the treats offered during the day were top-notch. We will visit and recommend this Inn over and over. A local florida friend who also stayed, is returning in 2 weeks. We only wish we could...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

My husband and I haven't been to many bed and breakfasts. After staying here, we are big fans. The staff was so personable--making restaurant recommendations, offering a cool drink...whatever we wanted, they seemed to know it before we did! Our room was charming, with a great bath (stayed in the Buckingham). Breakfasts were excellent...interesting but not too crazy. The strawberry soup was AWESOME! Would definitely stay again.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

Aron greeted us at the door, she was pleasant and proceeded to check us in. She is a very nice young lady. A great face to your business. The other ladies (kitchen help, etc.) where nice as well. The food was great as well as the atmosphere. Our bed was made and new towels brought in. The garbage wasn't taken out or the tub cleaned. PS<didn't know about room service for breakfast.

North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

Some rooms apparently are in the process of being updated. Once complete this B&B will be a gem. Friendly staff, great location, wonderful breakfast. Bed was too firm for us but still managed to sleep semi-comfortably.

orlando, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

Everything was great. Staff was very acommidating. Rooms were clean I recommend this as a great place for a weekend getaway. Location could not be beat right in the center of it all with everything with in walking distance.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

Excellent welcome from staff. Shown to room which was a bit disappointing considering the $200 price tag. Window semi blocked by wardrobe or "armoire" in Inn speak. Horendous 80's Spa Bath that took an age to fill and bathroom whiffed of sewage. Tired bed. When I went back downstairs in search of a beer or a refreshing drink I was told I had to go to the pub. Not very accommodating. Extraordinary breakfast which was prempted upon check in as to whether I wanted breakfast at" 9 or !0 am". I had not even had dinner or gone to bed so this seemed a ridiculous question and quite frankly annoying. At this sort of money I chose when I want to eat or not feel obliged to wake up in order that I meet a set meal time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Bainbridge, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

The good:
Excellent location. Free parking (but you have to walk quite a ways to the lot - it wasn't a problem for us, but I could see it being so for someone else). Pretty building and outside seating. Great jacuzzi tub (we stayed in the Wyndham). Great dessert-type snacks in the lobby. Security/locks are good and safe. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
The bad:
Bad wireless. They said it works better in some locations than others. We found a spot in the room where it will mostly stay connected, but it only has one bar, so it's slow and inconsistent. NOISY: the bed squeaks with even the slightest movement. The neighbors above us had sex on and off until 1:30 am. You could hear the bed banging and every footstep. You can hear whenever they flush the toilet or turn the whirlpool jets on. There is a bar close to the inn, and musicians playing constantly. We tried to take a mid-day nap but couldn't because of how loud the guy was playing (and I sleep with earplugs in). The room stays very bright at night because of outside lights. The button for the jets on the whirlpool tub got stuck one night, and it took us a lot of effort to get it unstuck (it was past time for the staff to go home, and we didn't want to bother the owner so late - she doesn't live on the premises). Our neighbors NEVER locked the outside door like you're supposed to.
Mixed:
The room was a lot smaller than we expected. The breakfast the first morning we stayed was okay, but the salad had celery (which I don't like). The main course was full of peppers, mushrooms, onions, and shrimp - none of which I like. Other bed and breakfasts I've stayed at give you a choice of breakfast items. The second morning was different. A delicious poached pear with cheese and a different quiche with just eggs and cheeses. Very very good. There was a kabob with sausage, pineapple, and red pepper. The red pepper made everything else on the kabob taste like it, but it was okay. Orange juice and water with oranges for each meal - both delicious. The music in the evenings at that same bar can be nice from time to time when there aren't drunk people yelling. Breakfast the last morning was good: strawberry soup and belgian waffles with sausage.
Overall, it was an okay stay. My girlfriend was happier with it than I was, so maybe I'm just pickier. I've definitely had worst vacation experiences, but I expect big things when I pay as much as the bed and breakfasts in St. Augustine cost.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple