“I would recommend”
Review of Agustin Inn

Agustin Inn
Ranked #9 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I recently stayed here with my husband. We were a little bit scared after reading what some of the reviews mentioned. I think the price is a little high, but it was very clean, nicely remolded, decorated and great location (with in walking distance to all attractions). Breakfast was wonderful, it was very original and the flavor was wonderful. Coffee was pretty much always available, during the stay. I was a little turned off at first my our host, she came off as very pushy and not very hospitable. That was soon changed. She was very friendly and also a great help. She recommended some great place to visit while we were there. I came to realize that 1 person was checking all 17 sets of guest by herself. I would be a little inattentive to people as well. All of the request that we made for the room were done correctly as ask, so that was a plus. I almost forgot, another guest had posted a comment about the parking. It really is no big deal! If you have never been to St Augustine, let me clue you in there is NO parking. You have not only pay everywhere, but also try to find parking. The fact that they offer free parking with the room was WONDERFUL!!!!! Saved us a lot of money and headaches. We did use the car once while we were there. We walked everywhere.

On the down side. I would not stay here if you are looking for a quiet inn. The entertainment district is directly behind the Inn. You can clearly hear the live entertainment which did bother me much. Also on the website a social hour was mentioned, which didn't consist of cocktails or appetizers.
It was more like BYOB (bring your own beer) which is as well fine with be, but I felt like I was miss lead. From what the web site states I was under the impression that it was included.

Over all it was a great stay and I would stay there again. I would recommend this Inn to couples that want to enjoy the night life that St. Augustine has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Agustin inn recently on our vacation and the best part was leaving. When we arrived the Inn Keeper told us that we had to drive to the parking location 3 blocks away and carry our luggage with us as though we couldn't leave the luggage in the lobby until we returned. Needless to say, I'm 7 mths pregnant and tired from traveling and was immediately put off to a bad start.

We were then taken to our room and given a phone number to contact the Innkeeper if we needed her. There are no phones in the room. However, I called from my cell phone and no one ever answered that number although I called several times due to the tv being grainy from the cable or electrical malfunctioning (this is what the innkeeper stated). Then we tried the whirlpool hot tub, that did nothing but have water. The tub was stained and needed a good cleaning, so I simply asked if they could have someone come fix the hot tub. So I finally went downstairs and the Innkeeper decided to move us across the hall.

We both thought this would start turning our stay around. When we decided to go to sleep, I woke up the entire night from every turn I made the bed creaked and people outside were screaming. There is no Innkeeper in sight after 7:00pm. I did not sleep more than 2 hours maximum. Later the dump truck came. Since my car was 3 blocks away, I could not even go anywhere to try to get away and make use of my time awake. The Innkeeper doesn't explain where to get ice or what time to come down for breakfast . You are truly on your on. Especially after 7pm.

The next morning, our breakfast table wasn't stable and I had to hold the china from crashing to the floor.

We finally decided to leave early and I finally got a decent night sleep back at home.

Horrible getaway.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We wanted to plan a lovely trip for a New Year's Eve quick getaway to St. Augustine. I have been to St. Augustine and stayed at several B & B's, but after doing some research, the Agustin Inn had the best price for the holiday weekend. We wish we had paid more money to stay somewhere else!

We booked the Excalibur Suite with an oversized whirlpool tub. When we got there, the room was almost claustrophobic small. The bed was a murphy bed that came out of the wall, and there was hardly any room to put our suitcases down! Later, we went to use the whirlpool tub and waited for over 15 minutes to get hot water! What a ridiculous concept for a hotel to provide whirlpool tub with no hot water! We then tried again the next morning, and still, no hot water. We didn't sleep the entire night, the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the noise from outside was really loud.
We ended up checking out early and after fighting with management, the owner finally called us and gave us a full refund for our deposit and the one night's stay. I appreciate the refund, but suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
auginn4, Manager at Agustin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2009

Agustin Inn had just come under new ownership two weeks prior to the reviewer's stay. They were the first guests to stay in the Excalibur room since taking over the Inn. We were aware that the room is small, hence the low price, but not aware of the issues with the hot water. We have since had a complete overhaul of the hot water system at the inn and have not had any problems since. Also, the murphy bed in Excalibur has been removed and replaced with a conventional bed.

Reviewed March 25, 2009

We have been coming to The Augustine Inn for over 8 years and have seen it through other owners but by far the new owner is bringing it up to a 5-star standard. Being in the 5-Star Hotel Business , I am giving this Inn the 4-stars it deserves. Food is wonderful with beautiful presentations, staff is VERY acommodating and friendly, location is perfect. We have often taken 3 rooms at a time bringing our family and the staff could not have been better. The Inn has a lovely garden patio with lush landscaping and fountains. We were even there when a young couple had their wedding performed and were impressed at how beautifully it was done - flowers, music and champagne. The Festival of Lights at Christmas time is heavenly and the Inn is decorated in all its glory. For a personalised stay this is a winner.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chappy41
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I recently spent ten nights at the Agustin Inn and was extremely delighted with my stay. A new owner and Inn Keeper took over the operation just a few days before my arrival and they were busy making improvements. They shared with me their plans for many enhancements that I am certain the guests will be delighted with. They are in the process of adding small tables in the dining area for those who desire more intimate seating. Those of us who prefer to socialize with the other guests can easily put two or more tables together and visit during breakfast. I liked their innovative and creative breakfasts. While I am not a coffee drinker, my friend raved about the coffee. The location is excellent. I parked my car and walked everywhere during my stay. Overall, the Agustin Inn has a lot going for it now and I suspect it is going to get even better. The Inn Keeper and owner, Christian and Darlene, and their Associates are simply great hosts; they were friendly, happy and eager to meet my needs. The Inn and its staff certainly exceeded my expectations. I will stay there again in 2009 and hope that the new king size bed in the Camelot guest room that overlooks historic Cuna Street will be available for my stay. Perhaps we’ll meet at breakfast!

Reviewed January 12, 2009

I arrived at the Inn on Christmas Day and was greeted by Christian, the new Inn Keeper. Check-in was quick and I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. I stayed for five days and met many nice people in the dining area where I enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast together with other B&B guests. I am passionate about my coffee and they have a coffee station in the Parlor where you can get all the gourmet coffee you want. The Mystic Bean Coffee Company roasts and delivers very fresh “organic” grown beans to the Inn as they order it. The coffee is heavenly. The Inn is in a great location, the staff was friendly and helpful and there is also free parking! You owe it to yourself to stay at the Agustin Inn on your next visit to St. Augustine.

Reviewed July 17, 2008

We stopped of in Saint Augustine on our roadtrip to the Keys and we were thrilled to have chosen the Agustin Inn.
The town of Saint Augustine is wonderfully picturesque, the Inn is situated right in the downtown area. The breakfasts were remarkable and beautiful to look at, but the best part was the friendliness of Andrea! She has the cutest accent!! Jeff and Andrea were warm and helpful hosts, she was so attentive telling us about the area and making suggestions on where to eat, visit and even shop.
Cookies and brandy awaited us along with very personal attention. The fireplace in the main floor was so welcoming even with the 85F outside. The bath is quite spacious by B&B standards too, our bed was comfortable.
We are already planning a return visit and would not dream of staying anywhere else!
Terry and Jean