“Will be back soon!!”
Review of Agustin Inn

Agustin Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We wanted a quick and easy weekend getaway from Jax, FL, and so I had planned this trip for about a month to maximize our time there. I called the Agustin inn and got great reccomendations on where to eat, etc. (They suggested Collage - it was fabulous). We stayed in the Imperial room and I only wish we could have stayed longer! The room was very clean, the bed was amazingly comfortable and we could not have asked for more! We woke up and headed downstairs for a wonderful breakfast, which started with canteloupe soup - so interesting but really really yummy! Followed by waffles and sausages (they were also very accomodating to my food allergies, which most places are not). I can't say enough great things about the place, we both agreed that we will be back again as soon as we can! The location couldn't be better.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Imperial - it was really great, the only thing I might say is that there was a bit...
1  Thank Nellie Jane H

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were so happy we stayed here. The food is absolutely delicious ! They have two breakfast seatings 9:00 and 10:00 am so you are not rushed or jammed all together. You can sit outside or in and the food melts in your mouth!
It is in the heart of the Historic District and they give you free parking so once you park no need to drive anywhere.
Our room was very clean and had a balcony that you could sit out and enjoy the music from St George Street.
The Staff was very freindly and helpful. I would definitely stay there when we go back.

1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I just spent this past weekend at the Agustin Inn. I am very happy that I chose this Inn to stay at. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. The Inn was very clean, and right in the historic district, within walking distance to everything.
I did not have any problems with noise. Oh yes, and the breakfasts were also very good. I look forward to my next visit. Thank you Agustin Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed the night before my wedding and my wedding night in the Duchess room. I am a local and wanted something close to my reception and central to everything downtown and this was it! You can walk to anything in the downtown area. The inn was super clean, quiet and had all the charm one could want. We missed the scheduled breakfast the morning after our wedding night and the staff was gracious enough to offer us a late, and absolutely delicious breakfast and even served it outside on the porch! I am definitely recommending the Augustin Inn to any of my friends and family who come down to visit!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in the Greensboro Room...
Ground floor on the East side of the house~ I'm mentioning that because it was quiet..
Some rooms on the west side of the house can hear the guitar player/singer from a nearby bar..We didn't...
We also had a bistro set outside our door on the wrap around porch,which was nice.
On the third floor is an ice machine, if needed (I always do!)

We really liked the room..When we walked in, it just smelt so clean and fresh!
The room was spacious.It has a comfortable King Bed,night stand,dressor,flat screen TV,big leather comfy chair,luggage rack,no closet, but plenty of hooks on the back of the door to hang items.
Our room had a small refrigerator-always a huge plus! Also provided was an iron and board-also a big plus for me!
The bathroom was awesome (women will appreciate this).. First of all it was huge! On one wall is a 4 shelf etagere to put your cosmetics/etc on...A blow dryer was provided-and the usual shampoo,soap,tissues..The shower is handicap accessible--plenty of room for 2!!...Double European shower heads,one removable from the wall...Since the shower has handicap bars across all the walls-they placed a small table right outside it, to place your shower items...Modern updated fixtures...Working exaust fan in the ceiling..A good size mirror over the sink..

2 seatings are available for breakfast : 9 or 10Am...There are tables inside the Inn and a few outside..Coffee,tea,fresh squeezed Orange Juice are offered..First course we had was a chilled cantaloupe soup-unbelievably good! And honestly, I don't even care for cantaloupe..Second was a freshly made waffle topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries.Served with sausage patties and syrup..Wonderful!
In the lobby (available all day) was water,lemonade,coffee,tea,mints and 2 different fresh baked items! Yum!

Parking is complimentary-not always the case in St Augustine-so that is a huge plus..Their lot is a few blocks away, very easy to find with the street map they provide when checking in..For you first time visitors to St Augustine, alot of the streets are only one way-so follow your maps.
The location of this Inn is awesome! Smack dab in the middle of everything!One block from St George Street and believe me-once you park your car,you won't need it until you're checking out.

I read some reviews of this room previously: someone said they had thermostat issues, when the front door of the Inn was left open /etc....This room feeds off the thermostat from the main lobby (design of the house)-it was not an issue for us at all..The temperature outside during our visit was 85-90 and high humidity in the afternoon..Our room was nice and cool the whole time..And there's also a ceiling fan over the bed..Plus we were told ,that in the evening "after office hours" we were more than welcome to come adjust the thermostat in the lobby.We never needed to... One thing that was nice about it, in the morning, the smell of them baking in the kitchen came through to our room...Not a bad way to wake up in the morning!

All and all , my husband and I really enjoyed the Inn..The staff is very nice,very friendly..The location can't be beat..Parking and a fresh cooked breakfast included in your room rate....I can't say enough good things about it....We're already looking forward to our next stay...

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side of the house are quieter..
2  Thank donnafla
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you want to stay in a place that is located in the middle of everything, THIS is the place! We spent our 4th wedding anniversary with Agustin Inn and found the staff pleasant, the room very nice, the bed comfortable, and the location perfect. Breakfast the next morning was exceptional. Parking was a little far away, but as long as you realize you'll be walking all the time, it's not too bad. They took care of the reservations for the Ghost Tour, gave great directions to where to go, and off we went. Jennifer and her staff are super and a compliment to the Inn. Thank you!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spent several days on the internet, to find just the right place - this is it! Location, staff, breakfast, rooms, cozy atmosphere - it was all great. This is our first stay in a B&B - my hubby was very skeptical, but now he can hardly wait to return. Me, too!