“Splendid! Meticulous! Relaxing!”

Ranked #1 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Splendid! Meticulous! Relaxing!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I must say that I don't even think I can fully articulate how special this B&B is to my husband and myself. I got married at this inn in January of 2011 and I make this trip at LEAST once a year. Cyndi is extraordinary and will do everything she can to exceed your expectations and make your getaway as amazing as possible.

We arrived Monday, April 28th for 2 nights in the Biscayne room. We always try and arrive a little early to maximize our time in gorgeous St. Augustine and she is always able to get us situated with parking, enjoying a little refreshment, and catching up with a little chat; before the official "check in" time. Our room is usually ready for us, but we tend to travel during the week or in-between peak holidays and weekends. Our room was private, beautifully decorated, and had very nice linens. We also had the pleasure of having a jacuzzi tub in our room. Heaven!

Cyndi will sit down with you and relishes her visitors. It doesn't matter if you are a repeat guest or a first-timer. You will feel like you are "home" when you pull onto the property. She is absolutely delighted doing what she does. If you need dining recommendations, tour suggestions, or just want to stay cozied up in your room she is happy to oblige. Her breakfasts are exquisite and don't leave anything to be desired. I was traveling with dietary restrictions this visit and her breakfast was still AMAZING!!!! I really cannot say enough positive things about her. She is sensational.

My husband and I had the pleasure of being the first couple to indulge in the couples massage package and…….WOW! Hands down one of the best massages I have had the pleasure of enjoying. We got hour long treatments, side-by-side, in a tastefully decorated treatment room, with chilled sparkling cider (we don't care for champagne) in champagne flutes. It was divine!!

We dined at the The Columbia, MOJO's Smokehouse BBQ, and The Floridian while we were in town and they didn't disappoint and were able to work around my dietary restrictions.

If I could give this inn more stars I would, it is that amazing. Really. I have been coming back for over 3 years and I plan on many more visits.

Room Tip: The Floridian is the perfect suite if you are honeymooning or want a little extra privacy. All of th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
boston
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Cyndi was a great hostess and gave excellent recommendations on restaurants and places to go. The breakfast both days was incredible. She switched off savory and sweet breakfasts and I swear she could be a professional chef. St. Augustine was a nice place to stay for a weekend getaway. The room was impeccably decorated and clean. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My best friend and I just got back from staying at this fabulous B&B and I would not hesitate to recommend it! We arrived a bit later than the other guests, but Cyndi had a packet for us with our keys and information, along with some delicious home-baked cookies. Our room was perfectly clean and no detail was overlooked. We had the Gables room, which has its own little balcony with two chairs outside. We loved sitting there, sipping wine and relaxing. This morning, Cyndi greeted us with a fruit cup and the most amazing homemade Caramel Apple-stuffed french toast ever! We loved it.

The Gables is at the top of the very narrow stairs, so if mobility is a problem, I'd recommend a room on the ground floor. The inn is only a couple of blocks from everything and we never moved our car from the private lot behind the inn. I can't wait to go back with my husband!

Room Tip: I liked the big bathroom and private balcony in the Gables.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Don't think twice...book your reservation now! The Cedar House Inn is a wonderful property owned by an amazing woman, Cyndi, in a perfect location within the Old City My husband and I spent 2 nights in this wonderful B&B and wished we could have stayed for more. Cyndi greeted us upon arrival with a smile, an offer of a glass of wine or soda, and a wealth of information about the Old Town and things to consider seeing during our stay and places to enjoy some delicious food. Her breakfasts were amazing....eliciting "ohhs and ahhs" as each of our two courses were set before us and the other guests. The house was spotlessly clean while not stuffy or museum-like. We wanted Cyndi's advice on two things during our stay and she was readily available to help. Hands down, we will return to The Cedar House Inn the next time we visit St. Augustine!

Room Tip: The Viscaya room is lovely...its in the front of the house but we didn't hear any street noise...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lrothenb1
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights in this wonderful B&B. Cyndi is wonderful and makes you feel at home the second you walk in the front door. Her breakfasts were wonderful and very filling. Every restaurant she recommended was top notch. This was hands down our favorite bed and breakfast stay. I can't wait to find a time to sneak away and visit again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Cedar House is by far my favorite B&B in St. Augustine, and I have stayed in quite a few. Cyndi (the owner) is amazing. She is so organized, helpful, and not to mention an extraordinary cook!

My bridesmaids and I booked the entire Inn for my wedding. Cyndi set up each room with the little gifts I had gotten for the girls and made the place really feel like ours for the weekend. She is timely, a woman of her word, and responsive. Hotels can't compare!! The attention to detail from the service you receive to the rooms you stay in is incredible. You won't stay anywhere else in St. Augustine once you stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Cyndi, the owner/manager, is a knowledgeable and experienced professional in the hospitality industry. Upon arrival, she gave us an informative orientation on what to see and do, and where to go that was quite helpful. The breakfasts are extensive and first rate; she does want everyone to have breakfast at the same time. My wife and I had the Floridian Suite, really great quarters with its own entrance, balcony, and whirlpool tub. Unlike some places that have a 'happy hour' with free wine, Cyndi has free soft drinks and wine available anytime. With its on-site parking and convenient location, just park your car and walk everywhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple