“wonderful inn, great hostess”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
The Cedar House Inn
Ranked #1 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2013

One of the best B&B experiences we have had! The Inn is lovely, very comfortable and well situated, but what makes it special is Cyndi and her attention to detail. She makes you feel like a special guest from the moment you walk in the door. Is a fountain of information about the city, but doesn't force it on you. And the breakfast was outstanding and served with all the flair of a five-star restaurant. My wife has a gluten sensitivity, and Cyndi went out of her way to accommodate with a substitute every bit as attractive and tasty as the menu for the rest of us. Her rendition of "Happy Birthday" is a little off key but heartfelt nonetheless.... We will definitely come back.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I chose Cedar House Inn for my special occasion because of all the wonderful reviews that I had found. I researched several B&B's and the Cedar House Inn was top notch. After staying here myself, I have to say it is a wonderful place. The owner, Cyndi, greeted us as we arrived. My husband and myself were unfamiliar with the area, so she sat us down, got a map out and proceeded to instruct us on where everything was as well as places we should go and not go. The breakfast was the best gourmet home cooked delicious breakfast I have ever had. We felt welcome from the beginning and we're not disappointed. You do not want to pass the B&B up!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our stay at Cedar House was wonderful in every way. Cyndi, the Inn’s owner, was very warm and helpful...the perfect hostess. The inn itself is very attractive and very clean. We stayed in the Grove, a small but nicely appointed room. I especially like that it has its own entrance to the balcony/porch. Cyndi helped us plan our evening out by having trolley tickets that we could purchase… no wasting our time in a long line. She also offered us a discount card for the restaurant we had made plans to visit. The breakfast was delicious, and the conversation among the other guest was a real treat. Cyndi made us feel more like friends than guest. Before leaving, she offered to let us keep the car parked at the inn until the afternoon. The Cedar House is in a perfect location for walking around town. You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay at the Cedar House.

Room Tip: The Grove is a small room, but full of charm.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We just returned from 3 nights at the Cedar House Inn and have nothing but praise for the Inn and Cyndi its owner. We have stayed at many B&B's and consider the Cedar House one of the best. The Inn is a beautifully restored and decorated Victorian Mansion. It is obvious Cyndi has over seen every detail. Rooms are impeccably appointed and the breakfast each morning can only be described as "Fine Dining". Cyndi greets you with an excellent overview of places to see and restaurants to enjoy. St Augustine is such a wonderful city to visit and the Inn with its great central location enhances the experience.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I'm always a bit nervous about B&B's, instead of a chain hotel, because at a chain, you know what to expect. Maybe not always great, but, predictable. Honestly, I don't know how you could do better than this inn!! VERY clean, very friendly inn keeper, and the room itself was wonderful! The furnishings, decorations, and especially the bathroom (a place I'm SERIOUS about clean!) were ALL beyond beautiful!

We booked a second room as a special gift for family, and they felt like they were visiting royalty!

The location of the inn was perfect-it's close enough to all the central St. Augustine activities, while being just far enough away to enjoy a peaceful setting!

I have to make a special mention of the breakfasts, though. They were 5 star all the way!! Gourmet, but in a good way- VERY tasty!!

The BEST accommodations I've ever experienced at a price that is within reach!!

Room Tip: The Grove is a very small room, with private bath, thus a less expensive option, but VERY nice!
2  Thank Dakota P
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this gorgeous Bed and Breakfast. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like family. Cyndi greeted us at the door and asked us to have a seat. She went over suggestions for dinner and things to do and outlined them on the map for us. She told us all about the Inn and where the free wines, sodas, and waters were located.

We stayed in the St. Augustine Grand room. This was the only room downstairs and it was located close to everything. We enjoyed the jetted tub and the porch access. The only thing I would say is not to book this room if you are planning to sleep in (but I don't know why you would want to miss those wonderful breakfasts!!). This room is right beside the dining room so around 8am each morning you could hear the chatter of guests so it wouldn't be good if you are a light sleeper. We didn't mind because there was no way we were missing those breakfasts that Cyndi was cooking! They were AMAZING. You don't want to miss any of them.

At night, we sat on the front porch playing board games and enjoying drinks. We also spent time watching the trollys and tours come by and chatting with other guests who were enjoying the front porch.

We never moved our car once we parked at the B&B. Everything was in walking distance. We had an amazing time and we will be back the next time we are in St. Augustine. I am also going to suggest this to my friends and family. Everything was perfect.

1  Thank AmandaKaye79
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I just came back from our week long honeymoon at St. Augustine and our stay at the Cedar House Inn. Cyndi, the owner, was so hospitable, and made us legitimately feel like we were at home. When we first arrived she chatted with us about things to do in town, and about the bed and breakfast itself.
At the end of our first day in town, I needed to mail some postcards to loved ones back home, and asked Cyndi where the local post office was located. She offered to mail them out for us. Cyndi really went out of her way to make certain that we were comfortable and that we were enjoying our stay.

Also, the breakfasts there are exceptional! There are no other words to describe it. We were wowed every morning with a breakfast that not only was pleasing to the palate and filling, but was always fresh and beautifully presented as well.

We plan on going back to St. Augustine for an anniversary and will certainly book early in advance to make sure we get to go back to the Cedar House Inn!
I would, without hesitation, recommend this Victorian era Bed and Breakfast to anyone.