“Great & Romantic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Great & Romantic Hotel”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Cindy is super warm and friendly and the hotel is very romantic and peaceful!!! She make you feel like home!!! I enjoy staing there with my husband we stay at the Sanibel Jr. Suite and we had a such romantic weekend!!! Definitely we are going back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I hosted a Bridal Tea and Luncheon at the Cedar House Inn in honor of my sister-in-law's destination wedding in St. Augustine this past May. I live in CA and am the mother to two children under the age of three years old. I was nervous about planning and hosting an event like this when I would not have the opportunity to tour potential venues before the event and my available time to talk on the phone to vendors is extremely limited because I usually have kids making lots of noise in the background. I knew that I wanted to host this Tea in a very special place - I wanted it to be aesthetically beautiful and I wanted our guests to know that they entered someplace very special as soon as they arrived. I also wanted an intimate atmosphere that would be ideal for friends and family to socialize, catch up, and relax while enjoying great food. I am so thankful that I found Cyndi and her staff at the beautiful Cedar House Inn - they made my event one of the most special and memorable afternoons I could have ever hoped for. Cyndi made it so easy for me to handle all of the planning and logistics long distance - she was extremely accommodating and followed through on every last detail - she is a consummate professional. Between very short phone calls and a few emails, I had all of the plans in place without any hassle. And then when the actual day arrived, I was beyond impressed at how Cyndi and her team welcomed my party and treated everyone to a very special experience. The food and beverages were delicious and the ambiance was one-of-a-kind. All of the party favors and other decorative items that I mailed in advance were beautifully displayed - everything was perfect. The next time our family has something special to celebrate in St. Augustine, Cyndi is the very first person I'll call.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our recent visit to the Cedar House was beyond our expectations. The house is truly lovely and well appointed in the period. A warm smile and greeting by the Innkeeper instantly feels like home. The smell to brownies baking was a welcome surprise after a long day of visiting St . Augustine sights.
The inn is set in the heart of the old town area and is convenient to the center of town and restaurants. The Biscayne Suite was a beautiful room of rich lies and ivory with every convenience one would want. Cyndi was warm, friendly, and informative guiding us to the activities of the evening in the area. The bed was comfortable and the room perfect. Complementary wine and treats fortified us for the evening. Delicious chocolate blood orange brownies where a gourmets delight.

After a delightful and restful night we woke to a beautifully presented banana bread fruit parfait and a Spanish frittata. The breakfast was delicious and beautiful. Cyndi and her staff made us not only feel welcome, but did everything with genuine care to make our visit to St. Augustine possible. There was nothing left to want. Soft classical music, lovely surroundings, friendly hostess, and delicious meals, we almost did not want to leave.

1 Thank Lorene d
Flagler Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were looking for a couple of days of fun and also relaxation. We found it at the Cedar House Inn in St Augustine. The Vizcaya (our room) was comfortable, the breakfasts were great and Cyndi, Carrie and Ann Marie were wonderful. The inn is located within walking distance of everything. We never moved our car which is always a great thing. Cyndi has found the way to make her guests happy and planning the next trip back to The Cedar House Inn.

North Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2013

There are many reasons that the Cedar House Inn is #1 in St. Augustine.

The owner Cyndi is certainly one of them! The Inn itself is lovely, a true representation of the Victorian Era. Our room was even better than described and pictured. The bed was wonderful with both soft and harder pillows for each of us. The two person tub was a delight! The inn is quiet and located within just a short walk of all of the historic sites in St. Augustine.

The breakfasts (we enjoyed two) were some of the best we had ever experienced at a B&B. Served restaurant style at small tables, mostly for two, the food is elegantly presented and delicious. Cyndi was happy to share the recipes with me promptly upon my return home.

This Inn is one of the best......period.

Don't miss an opportunity to stay here.

Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Cedar House Inn is a wonderful place to stay when visiting St. Augustine. Cynthia, the owner, met us and was sure to explain how to enjoy the town. Our room was very comfortable, and I really appreciated hearing Bach's cello concerto playing when we settled in. The best thing about our stay was breakfast, which was very carefully prepared. The only negative issue was wi-fi connectivity in our room, which was out most of the time we were there (for just a one-night stay).

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I frequently go to Saint Augustine as a weekend getaway--this is by far the best place we have stayed, including the Casa Monica and several other B&B's. First, the inn is gorgeous. It's beautiful and very tastefully decorated--which I find harder to come by at a Bed and Breakfast than you would think. The small garden outside is full of flowers to admire while you sit in the rocking chairs. Cyndi is the innkeeper and she is just lovely. She makes fantastic recommendations about the city and makes a truly sincere effort to make you feel at home. We are a pretty young couple, I'm not sure if that is the reason, but innkeepers at other places we've stayed have not always given that vibe.The breakfast we had here was some of the best food we had all weekend, which is saying something as St. Aug is full of food! We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and got the anniversary package which was a really nice touch. There are games and puzzles available, and a really great and current dvd collection. We have found our go-to place to stay in St. Augustine!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple