“Returned for another stay and it just gets better.”

The Cedar House Inn
Ranked #1 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
“Returned for another stay and it just gets better.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I returned for another long weekend at the Cedar House Inn.
We were married at the Inn 7 years ago, we celebrated birthdays here, our 5 year anniversary and this past weekend my 40th birthday. The experience just keeps getting better and better :o)
There is a reason that this B&B has been voted the #1 B&B for 5 years straight... It is like coming home to an old comfortable friend. It truly is a home away from home that will bring you back time and time again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited Cedar house for a couple of nights this week with my family and I must say, just how wonderful this place is. From the first minute you arrive and view this fabulous home to the warmest welcome from Cyndi. The rooms are quaint and stylish. The breakfast are just "something else", as my mum put it.. Delicious is what she means.. Oh but I have to mention the brownie's...mmmm. The little touches like water and drinks being available at any time, all add to the the thought and consideration that Cyndi has put into making you feel as much at home as possible... And let me tell you Cindi, you did... Thanks so much for making our stay in St. Augustine perfect.. We will sure be back.

Room Tip: I managed to view two of the rooms, The Biscayne and The Sanibel, both had jacuzzi tubs, flat screen...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Its the second time we stay here and both times we have enjoyed it very much with a cousy yet elegant feeling full of small details and a very gourmet breakfast. Cindy makes her home feel like our own. Thanks and we shall be back soon. Higly recommend it

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

When a friend and I decided to arrange our own small writing retreat, we turned to Google and then to TripAdvisor. Based on the reviews, we booked the Sanibel - not the largest room but one with a private entrance (and an amazing bath tub). The entrance to the Sanibel is located on the back side of the house; it's definitely one of the more private rooms.

We arrived on a Friday afternoon. Cyndi greeted us at the door, sat us down with a map and a couple of bottles of water, and, after some friendly conversation, gave us a quick rundown of what the city - and the Cedar House - has to offer. Both the city and the Cedar House have a LOT to offer; Cyndi tailored her review of the map to what we were planning (a weekend spent writing), and then helped us carry our bags to our room.

The thing that sets a great b&b apart from a good or average one is attention to detail. Cyndi gets all the details. Phenomenal bed linens, gourmet breakfasts (always beginning with fresh fruit), decanted wines, chilled water and soda easily available... Cyndi arranges things so that you don't have to think about them.

From a writing perspective, the Cedar House is great - there's even wifi. It's got the best wrap-around porch out there. Equipped with rocking chairs, tables, and ceiling fans, the porch is a great spot to spend the heat of the day or to wind down in the evening. Because the Cedar House is located so close to Flagler College, you see a lot of people coming and going - most of whom have a wave and a hello for the people sitting on the porch.

The Cedar House is within walking distance of most of historic St. Augustine.

I know a lot of people go to the Cedar House for anniversaries or weddings - it's a potentially romantic place in an historic city. But it's also a fantastic location for other kinds of getaways. My friend and I spent the majority of our time on Cyndi's front porch, writing and working through ideas. It was the perfect location.

And I look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Chase did an excellent job in finding the perfect surprise honeymoon for us. Our first week of married life was always started off just right in this beautiful b and b with beautiful and tasty breakfast each morning. The staff is amazing, kind, honest, and full of life. Thank you for helping to make the beginning of our life together wonderful. We will be back and have already told everyone we know to come here .

Downers Grove, IL
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Cedar House Inn is delightfully charming with an even more delightfully charming innkeeper. Cyndi greeted us and shared her ideas about visiting St. Augustine (our first visit) with a map before walking us to our rooms which were very nicely decorated and had a comfy feel! All rooms have access to a porch with table and chairs; a pleasant surprise! The homemade cookies and complimentary wine and port are a nice touch. It was a beautiful night so after dinner, we came back and played cards on the porch....delightful! The breakfast room looked so beautiful, I hated to disrupt it by eating, but I did and glad of it! The peach soup and pecan waffles were wonderful! Even tho check-out was 11 am, Cyndi gave us access to the house before we had to catch a later flight. I believe Cyndi treats all her guests like royal friends, I certainly felt it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Cedar House Inn is an unbelievable place to spend an Anniversary. After researching different cities in the Central and North Florida area, I knew St Augustine would be a great destination. I chose the Cedar House after researching Trip Advisor for a nice bed and breakfast to surprise my wife for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and this beautiful inn and its owner delivered a special and memorable occasion.

From the initial phone call to make the reservation, I could tell that Cyndi, as the trip advisor reviews stated, was a special person who truly wants you to enjoy every moment of your stay. Words cannot explain how hospitable she is and that shows in everything she does to make you feel at home and so welcome. Every request was quickly fulfilled with a smile and the words, “my pleasure”. And you could tell she really did mean that.

Cyndi truly has the gift of hospitality and the breakfast was absolutely fantastic. We had a fruit plate that was outstanding and savory Egg Souffle that was out of this world. My wife and I love food and the breakfast was just amazing.

Thanks so much Cyndi for making our 25th anniversary something we will never forget.
www.journeysntravelnfood.com

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vizcaya and it was very nice and has direct access to the porch. A/C in this room w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple