The Cedar House Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$73
Best Western Historical Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
Hotels.com
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
Bayfront Inn(St. Augustine)
$149
Travelocity
All reviewscyndi humphreyb bgables roombed and breakfastvictorian erawrap around porchbrownieice plantgourmet breakfasthoneymoon suitehomemade cookieseach morninghome away from homecomplimentary wineprivate entrancewithin walking distancequiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2011

St Augustine’s Cedar House Inn was the Victorian backdrop for our daughter’s wedding celebration on October 15th, 2011. Every detail was expertly orchestrated by innkeeper Cyndi Humphrey, living up to every promise made in the planning of this memorable event. The Inn is elegantly appointed and Cyndi’s organizational skills were on full display from beginning to end. From the scrumptious breakfast to the fabulous catered dinner and all the little extra’s preformed by Cyndi’s expert staff, she made the stress melt away and we enjoyed a fabulous weekend with all of our guests. We would recommend her beautiful Inn and her gracious services to all.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I were married a week ago and we chose St. Augustine for our honeymoon destination. Having never stayed in a B&B we didnt know what to expect, but in a matter of minutes Cindi (Innkeeper) welcomed us with open arms, gave us a guided tour of the wonderful city that included the best seafood restaurant we have ever eaten at, and made us feel right at home. The room was stayed in was simply wonderful; thick beautiful towels and the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. Tasy baked trats and port wine in the evening and the most delectable breakfasts. We loved our stay! Hated to leave and are so looking forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: All room wer lovely but we stayed in the Grove and it was magnificent
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is the perfect place for an intimate wedding. My now husband and I stayed at the Inn in April 2011 ( this review is long overdue) and were married during our stay. Everything was beautiful. The wedding was perfect and everything was done for me...which was such a relief. Cyndi ( the Innkeeper) does an amazing job and her breakfast is the best I have ever had.
The location of the Inn is great, close to everything. We enjoyed walking around St. Augustine and taking in the charm of the City. One thing that is a must if you are a pizza lover is a stop by Pizzalley's Pizzeria on St. George St, best pizza we have ever had.

We are looking forward to our next visit to the Cedar House Inn!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I spent 1 night there for our anniversary. Cyndi runs a truly top notch establishment. There are many wonderful touches such as in room robes, a soothing CD in the your CD player, bottled water at your bedside, complimentary wine, soda, bottled water, and fresh baked treats. There is also an extensive DVD collection and a DVD player in the room. I felt pampered (even in the smallest and least expensive room).

Cyndi is a great hostess and resource. She and her housekeeper Gina are very welcoming. We felt at home instantly. They both gave us the low down on the whole house and even gave us a tour upon check in. I appreciated that Cyndi asked us what our plans were in order to be sure that we did not need any assistance with planning for restaurants or activities. She is the type of person that you will enjoy spending a little time talking to. However, Cyndi and Gina never made you feel like they were interfering in your time. They seemed to be around at just the right times.

The house itself is beautiful and imaculet. We stayed in The Grove. It is the smallest and least expensive room. I LOVED it! It is upstairs at the end of the hall (felt very private) and it is very warm and cozy. The bathroom was tiny. It does not have a bathtub which I would not have used anyway. But the shower and bathroom were beautifully done. I liked that it had a ceiling fan and its own thermastat. The room stayed nice an cold at night.

The breakfast was SPECTACULAR!!! Cyndi and Gina served us 2 courses. The first was a Blueberry/pear struesel and the second was a twist on eggs benedict. The presentation and taste was that of a 5 star restaurant. They also had many choices of flavored herbal tea which I enjoyed. In addition they had a pineapple-cranberry-orange juice.

The Inn is not in the heart of the historic district but is is within easy walking distance (about 5 minutes)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My fiance and I spent a getaway night at the Cedar House Inn, and we were deeply impressed. She hadn't been to St. Augustine in years, and I had never been, but fortunately, Cynd, the owner, was a walking, talking guidebook. She gave us all the info we needed on where to eat, what to see, and what to avoid. My fiance particularly loved the gourmet popsicle shop Cyndi steered us towards. As if that wasn't enough, when we mentioned we wanted to go on a ghost tour, Cyndi took us through all of our option, then she proactively arranged for us to go on the tour of our choice. She called the company and booked us while we were out enjoying the town.
The actual Cedar House Inn itself was beautiful. It was very well kept up, and tastefully decorated inside in out. My fiance dubbed it, "romantic." The bedroom we stayed in was quiet and comfortable. The bed was so good I asked for the manufacturer (make sure you get a king as some of the rooms have queens). The food is great, and there are complimentary water bottles and soda, perfect to stay cool while trekking around St. Augustine. Cyndi also makes cookies, and I had quite a few of them. Delicious! I hope I have adequately expressed how much fun we had at The Cedar House Inn. We only stayed for a night, but we loved it, and we will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple