Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$73
Best Western Historical Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
Hotels.com
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$136
$120
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton.com
Bayfront Inn(St. Augustine)
$149
1,358 results
All reviewsb bstory tellersocial hourisabella roomhappy hourview of the bayfront porchowners and staffcocktail hourwithin walking distanceother gueststhe entire staffbeautiful roomfrench toastevery morningbreakfast was deliciousthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2010

From the moment we arrived we had a warm,friendly welcome.The rooms are luxurious and extremely clean,with prime location overlooking the bay.Staff were attentive,generous and very friendly.Breakfasts were freshly prepared to order with a wide variety of choices.I rarely write reviews etc but it is rare to find such exceptional quality,I really wanted to promote such a wonderful place-thankyou.We will definitely be returning.
Lou & Becca,UK

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2010

First, I'd like to say that there were a lot of things I enjoyed about my trip. I loved spending evenings on the porch watching the water after a day of touring the city. The location is great. It's close enough to everything and if you're feeling lazy, there's a trolley stop near by. Breakfasts in the morning were lovely and one of my favorite parts of the trip. We chose the patio and I would recommend it to anyone. It's still cool enough in the morning that breakfast is comfortable and you can look out onto the harbor. I thought the bed was very comfortable and I wish I could have toted it home with me.

Here are my problems and they are for the most part specific to Allison's Loft. I chose the room partly because of a fellow reviewer. I would not recommend this room. First, it's up a narrow, steep set of stairs, which makes it private, but I had daily visions of falling down those stairs, flipping over the railing, and falling down to the 1st floor, and it did not help that we hit our heads on the slanted ceiling at the top of the stairs several times. But, I'm afraid of heights so that's partly my fault for not thinking the decision through. I'm not sure what the fellow reviewer saw in this room as to me it was not nearly worth the almost $200/night. I hit my head on the slanted ceiling in bathroom every morning. My boyfriend several times hit his head just standing up from the toilet, and he's only 5'9''. And my biggest problem of all...THERE IS NOT A SHOWER!!! I did not make this reservation online. I called them to talk about the room. And at no point did anyone make it clear that there was not a shower in this room (Nor is it mentioned on the web-site). There is a moderate sized jacuzzi tub, and it does have a shower head you can pull out, but there is not a shower. It is not the same to wash your hair when you while holding the shower head over your head. The bath was lovely, but after the first day we did not feel clean again. The view from the room is highly overrated as the window is small, it needs a very good washing, is painted shut, and there is a hole in the floor right under the window. Another problem was that the web-site for the inn advertises wireless internet access, but we did not have any in our room. We weren't there on business but had brought it along so we could do some research on the sites when planning our\t our days. We did not try downstairs, but there is no access in the loft.

And finally, we are a young couple and I felt the same as one of the previous reviewers, I felt as if I was kind of ignored. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to know the staff's life stories, but I also didn't feel the same welcome that the rest of the reviewers speak of. They were all very nice, just not as welcoming as I would have hoped.

6  Thank RPhtravels
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Great location, right on the water and within walking distance of all major restaurants, shops, and sights to see. Staff is increditable helpful and nice. The outdoor porch is relaxing and comfortable, great bay views and you can't beat breakfast in the morning on the porch. We stayed in Emma's Room. The bay view described on the website is a bit of stretch and it was a bit noisey early in the morning between the upstairs room and outside noise (we are not early risers though).

Reviewed April 15, 2010

My wife, maltese and I have stayed for two years in a row. Wonderful rooms, food, hospitality and a relaxing atmosphere. We drive 8 hours just to stay here. We love it.

The porch! Breakfast in the morning and drinks in the afternoon make it a great spot for guests to gather and talk. We love to sit on the front porch and watch the people and boats go by. We park the car when we arrive and walk everywhere we want to go. Wonderful B&B!

Reviewed April 8, 2010

The Westcott House has an awesome view of the harbour as well as the sunrise from the front porches as well as from other rooms and balconies. If you love to relax in a swing, this is the place to be. From morning to night you have an awesome view. Too, the Westcott is within walking distance to the historic district or ride the trolley with a stop nearby. Enjoy your breakfast on the porch or in the dining room. Either one is out of this world! Delicious food!! The staff is extremely helpful, kind, outgoing, and pleasant. If you want to totally relax and be pampered, the Westcott is the place to be!!