“1st time here and loved it!”

Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My boyfriend decided to take me here for a belated birthday present, since I had never been to St. Augustine or stayed at a Bed & Breakfast. We went during Easter Weekend. It was wonderful. The only thing that could have made it better would have been the weather. The staff was absolutely wonderful, catering to all our needs and very friendly. The special French Toast & Sausage Breakfast was absolutely mouth-watering. And our room, the Caroline Room, was breathtaking. We enjoyed ourselves very much, the cozy feeling and the mingling of the guests that you can't find in a hotel. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Caroline Room was breathtaking. If it would have had a balcony, then it would have been perfect...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

We are delighted we could help you celebrate your birthday and it is so wonderful to hear how you enjoyed your stay! Caroline's Room is certainly one of our favorites and it looks like you took some great pictures to show it off! We will pass on your compliments about the french toast to our chef; she will be very happy to know how much you liked it! Cheers!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Enjoyed staying at Bayfront Wescott, with a great view of the bay and sunrise. The room had a lot of character, the breakfast delicious, enjoyable happy hour, and the sheets were ever so soft. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Westcott House! We are very proud of our amenities, which you mentioned, especially our sheet sets! Please do come visit us again!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Fantastic! Great staff, great food, great room! What more do I need to say. BTW this is our third visit and we are already planning #4.
Breakfast specials a delight. Evenings relaxing looking at the bay, the sailboats, etc over wine and hors de oeuvres. Who could want or ask for more?!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

What a great way to describe us! We are so happy we could provide another great experience for you! We love seeing our repeat guests! Thank you for taking the time to share! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We just returned from our 4th time staying at Bayfront Westcott House in St. Augustine. It is just a wonderful place. The breakfast is made to order and the special of the day is excellent! My husband, daughter and I each had one and thought they were the best. The rooms are quite large, clean and tidy and all the staff is so accommodating. Wine and snacks in the early evening is perfect way to relax and enjoy the view of the harbor. There are cookies and other sweets available all day. We sat outside every morning to eat breakfast and there is nothing like it in all of St. Augustine. It is convenient to downtown and all the sites and restaurants. We walk everywhere. Only needed the car to go to the beach and lighthouse.
The owners, Joy and Andrew are the nicest folks and have always recommended great restaurants to try. We are already looking forward to returning next spring.

Room Tip: We especially enjoy the rooms in the carriage house so we can hear the clip/clop of the horses.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

You and your family are such wonderful guests to have and it is great to see you every year you come back! We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We love hearing from our guests, especially repeat guests, about their experience and having them share with others. I will definitely inform the staff of all your kind compliments! And we will see you next year!!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I just finished my seventh stay at Bayfront Wescott Bed and Breakfast. I just keep going back! My husband surprised me with a trip here for my birthday a couple of years ago. We then went back a few months later. We both just fell in love with the place and the staff. I then took one of my teacher friends here for a few days; then my oldest daughter for a stay. I have since returned for three more stays by myself. That says a lot for me to be comfortable to stay by myself anywhere. But, this is like traveling to a second home! Joy (owner with her husband) and the entire staff treat you like royalty. Upon checking in, you are offered refreshment and shown to your room. Each room is beautiful! They are all similar (filled with beautiful antiques) yet different. There is a reception each afternoon with delicious food, sodas, beer, and wine. I love to eat outside on the wicker furniture either on the wrap around porch or by the fountain and gaze at the sailboats on the bay! Once in your room, luxurious robes compliment your evening along with special spa products! I love to hear the clop, clop, clop of the horses hooves as they pass by my room pulling the carriages! Your morning begins with a delicious specially prepared breakfast tailored to your wants. Once again, I usually choose to sit outside and read while I eat my breakfast and take in the beautiful view of the bay and the sound of the fountain. You can walk to the historic downtown stores and sites or catch a trolley down the block. Sometimes, since I am in such a beautiful room with an equally beautiful view, I choose to stay and read or do some crocheting. Fabulous restaurants are also within walking distance!
Believe me, once you go here you will keep going back!

Room Tip: Oops, I checked swimming pool rating, but there is not a swimming pool. You will not miss it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We love having you every time... you are family to us now! Thank you for taking the time to write such a long heartfelt review; it means so much! We are so glad to hear you appreciate (and talk up!) all of the little things we love about the inn and this beautiful town. We look forward to your next visit! Cheers!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 36th anniversary. The house is very clean and well kept. The staff were very accommodating to our every need. Lizzy comes in on Monday and Wednesday nights to tell about the history of St. Augustine in the dining room. Beverages, dips, crackers and cheese are served. Each evening we came in to find fresh cookies and muffins. We stayed in the Victoria room. It was very spacious with a private balcony and view of the Marina and Bay. The breakfast was delicious, especially the French Toast. The B&B is located close to all the historic sites and restaurants. We loved our stay and hope to return someday.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

We are so glad to hear we could help make your anniversary special! We love helping our guests celebrate special occasions and like to provide a romantic getaway experience in St. Augustine! Thank you for taking the time to post your incredible compliments about all of our amenities. We will certainly let our cook know how much you enjoyed the breakfasts! Cheers!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Yummy snacks and gourmet breakfast. Spacious room with all amenities. Easy walk to everything and great jogging across the street. Bed was so comfortable we hated to get up in the morning. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful compliments! We are so glad you were pleased with our location and amenities. Please come see us again soon! Cheers!