Me and my boyfriend are locals of St.Augustine and I have always wanted to stay at the Casablanca Inn, I have always passed it in my travels and was in there a few years ago and got showed around and I said I would definetly have to stay there one day. Well that day was on my birthday, and my boyfriend made reservations on a friday night and I saw the rooms online but the only one open was a room in the back that had just been remodled so there was no picture available, well of course I would think being all the other rooms looked very nice and quaint and CLEAN that this room would be no different. It was the Anastasia suite and it was terrible! It looked like it needed remodling if anything!! The room was so tiny, not a SUITE, you walked in and the walls were the ugliest brown color, everything was brown, like a mustard color, just very dim and depressing, the lamp shade was hanging off, picture crooked on wall, and not clean. The room was so tiny you felt like you could not move!!! I walked right out! Got offered a room in the coach house that was a cancellation and that was nicer, more romantic, CLEAN, but only 2 towels in the bathroom, small ones at that, average person especially woman use 2 towels! STINGY! And we had to pay $50.00 more for that room, should not of been charged that amount being the room was "false advertisement" and misleading, even w/o the picture available the website described it far from what we walked into. The new room we were in at the coach house was noisy, we were right on Charlotte street and you heard cars all night,people walking by,mainly drunks from the bars being loud, horrible! Than you get 2 free drink tickets at the BAR they have in this b&b and we waited 20 mintutes with one woman ran into me drunk ,and still did not get service! First of all, a bar should not be in a B&B, it takes away from the feel of the inn and not fair to the guest who are Paying high money to stay there. A lot of local people who were not staying there were drinking,etc. Trust me,its fine to drink when you are on vacation, but to walk into a bed and breakfast and have a bar off to the living room, that is not a b&b!!!! When I visited this Inn a few years ago, there was different owners an it was like being at home, very much professional,hospitality,quaintness and friendly staff, now its like checking into a hotel,no hospitatlity at all. When I went to c/o the next morning, a different young ladie asked about my night, and I told her , and she said next time you should put some money aside and save and than stay in a room looking at the bayfront b/c the room I originally had booked was the least expensive room1!!! what a thing to say to someone!!! The room was $220.00, um last time I checked that is a lot of money, and whether you stayin a less expensive room or not, all rooms should be nice and clean and advertised as they are!!!!
Very disappointing. Its ashame the new owners gave this up because when they left so did everything else of the CasaBlanca!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty-two luxury suites and rooms in a panoramic bayfront location in historic St. Augustine. Enjoy Matanzas Bay views, whirlpool baths, private porches and sundecks, decorative fireplaces, private entries,and peaceful luxury. Our Tini Martini Bar features a full palette of fine wines and liquors, as well as fabulous martinis, beers and views onto the stunning bay front. Guests can enjoy these views as well as a $15 credit at the Tini Martini Bar plus a $25 credit towards breakfast or lunch in our restaurant Brunch! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Casablanca Inn on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Inn On The Bay Hotel Saint Augustine
- Casablanca Inn On The Bay b&b