I chose this hotel primarily due to its location. Was pleased that the positive reviews were spot on.
Room was not huge, but was cozy. Had a king size bed, desk/chair, an upholstered chair, mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot & closet. Bathroom with small vanity, tub and small window for ventilation. I know others complained rooms were small, but I'm not there to be in my room all day.
Room was clean. Plenty of towels, pillows and blankets. Recommend room on the same side of the hotel office, as the trolly runs down the street next to the other side of hotel & it could possibly be an issue if you sleep during the day.
Hotel staff were pleasant & answered our questions. Recommend purchasing trolley tickets for the orange & green trolley. The hotel sells the tickets and the trolley picks you up right in front of the hotel.
The fort is only a couple of minutes to walk to. There are also several restaurants next to hotel.
Parking is a bit cramped, but somehow they make if work. You don't really need to use your car to go anywhere, particularly if you use the trolley.
Overall, I would recommend. Think we'll be repeat customers the next time we come for a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you sit on the sundeck of Best Western bayfront overlooking beautiful Matanzas Bay, you'll experience true St. Augustine-style relaxation. Located in the heart of the historic district, our St. Augustine, Florida Best Western Bay-front has a long family tradition of service and quality. Our many wonderful amenities include a swimming pool and delicious dining at our on-site café. For business travel, we feature Internet access, data ports and comfortable workspace in every room. We're also conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and just steps from some of the city's most interesting and exciting sights. For a romantic getaway, try our Honeymoon Room. Or bring the whole family and enjoy in-room conveniences such as cable TV, king - or queen-sized beds, and a refrigerator that's ideal for storing drinks and snacks. For exploring the city, enjoying the beach or simply unwinding, Best Western bay Front is your destination in St. Augustine. We have a $10.00 Parking fee per car per night. Our bay front hotel overlooks the Matanzas Bay and puts you within walking distance of the historic district, including the Spanish Quarter, the Castillo de San Marcos, St. George Street, and countless shops and restaurants well-suited to any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Motel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Bed Breakfast