This was an excellent location for walking around. It is just kitty corner of the Fort and all the shops were right behind us. We had a great room with 2 queen beds, very clean, and smell free. The bathroom is small, but it served its purpose. The air conditioner is kind of in a weird place, near the bathroom against the back wall, but fear not, it worked just fine keeping the room nice and chilly. Outside each room there were 2 chairs to sit an watch the world go by. This BW does not have a place to eat, but right next door is Mary's and it is great for breakfast. They do have 2 computers in the main lobby if you need them. The staff was very nice and the cleaning people did a great job, cleaning and restocking us. In the room is a very small single serve coffee pot, the coffee by the way was good. They did supply us with small bottles of shampoo, body lotion, mouth wash, and soap. The room (#122), right near the pool, was very quiet at night and the place was packed. I would suggest parking early in one of the regular spots up against the rooms, so that you don't get stuck with parking in the middle, it can be crazy. We parked as soon as we arrived which was early, maybe 12ish, and our room wasn't ready, but they gave us a yellow paper to display in our windshield, and we were all set to leave our car there and start walking around to come back and check in later, worked out perfect.
I would definitely stay here again. To me it was the perfect little spot without spending a ton of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you sit on the sundeck of Best Western bayfront overlooking beautiful Matanzas Bay, you'll experience true St. Augustine-style relaxation. Located in the heart of the historic district, our St. Augustine, Florida Best Western Bay-front has a long family tradition of service and quality. Our many wonderful amenities include a swimming pool and delicious dining at our on-site café. For business travel, we feature Internet access, data ports and comfortable workspace in every room. We're also conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and just steps from some of the city's most interesting and exciting sights. For a romantic getaway, try our Honeymoon Room. Or bring the whole family and enjoy in-room conveniences such as cable TV, king - or queen-sized beds, and a refrigerator that's ideal for storing drinks and snacks. For exploring the city, enjoying the beach or simply unwinding, Best Western bay Front is your destination in St. Augustine. We have a $10.00 Parking fee per car per night. Our bay front hotel overlooks the Matanzas Bay and puts you within walking distance of the historic district, including the Spanish Quarter, the Castillo de San Marcos, St. George Street, and countless shops and restaurants well-suited to any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Motel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Bed Breakfast