Best Western Bayfront
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
$140
$128
  • Pool
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
$187
$198
$161
Hampton.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat locationparking is tightacross the streetpark your carrooms are smallbay frontwalking distancehistoric districtgreat view of the baytrolley stopparking spotbridge of lionswalked everywhereold towndefinitely stay here againvisit stbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here as part of a group, but if I had known the downside of this 'Sixties motel, I'd have stayed elsewhere. The plus side is the location, right in the heart of the old city. The negatives are the sketchy maintenance and housekeeping, and of course the high noise level from the street. The "inn" is not very attentive to details--for example, dead bugs in the light fixture, frayed carpeting, and no daily cleaning of the bathtub. Probably the worst of it for me was the discovery of a squished palmetto bug, with juice, in my bedding. Apparently I had stepped on it when I got up in the middle of the night. OK, maybe that's not so bad. However, when I returned to the room later, I discovered the buggy sheets made up! I had to go to the office for clean sheets and a maintenance guy helped me put the on the bed. The office staff were very attentive to me, but I don't think guests should have to complain to have basic housekeeping done. I rated it "average" because it is definitely better than some "poor" places I've stayed, but all things considered, the negatives outweighed the conveniences.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Wintermute
Siddharth D, General Manager at Best Western Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

First and foremost thank you for choosing the Best Western Bayfront Inn, we appreciate your business. However, we wish that your stay was good. We apologize for the inconvinience, We only hope that you give us one more chance.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights during appalling weather but I will try to to avoid that affecting this review.

The motel (don't be fooled by "inn") is just on the edge of the old town so a great location for schlepping round town where there are tons of good restaurants and gift shops. There is on site parking for a fee but this is cheaper than the public car parks.

Our room was small but well equipped if a bit tired. The bed was comfortable. However, the facilities were thin - one single cup coffee maker and I had to ask for extra coffee sachets. The door led straight out to the courtyard and was passed by other guests none of whom seemed able to talk below a shout even at 2 in the morning. We were also woken by car alarms at various times.

The check in clerk recommended a nearby restaurant - the A1A brewery - which was really good.

St Augustine was great and I want to go back but knowing what I now know I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Anywhere likely to be noisy - try top deck diagonally opposite the office.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Saffopod

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I must say I have stayed here many times before and after reading so many reviews it's amazing how I have never encountered any issues,the staff is very outgoing for us everytime from the front desk to the maid service.the rooms are always a plus and very clean I must say!i will gladly pay 7 dollars for parking beats paying at the other places,even though I don't recall paying parking.everyone seem to be so friendly.i will keep coming!!

• Stayed: April 2013

First and foremost thank you Mark for choosing the Best Western Bayfront Inn, We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive on customer service and we are happy you saw that.And hope Best Western Bayfront Inn falls into the planning again we will be more then grateful.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived on Tuesday 4/23/13. Both sink and tub drained very slowly. Reported problem to desk on 4/24/13. Their response: "we will fix it today." That evening, the sink refused to drain at all. They gave us some bottles of water to brush teeth with; I demanded a comp-day for the inconvenience, and the manager agreed. The following day, they did fix the problem. When I came to check out of the hotel, there was no comp day, but I was able to convince the attendant that one was due me. Summary: poor maintenance, no communication among staff members.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BC111

Thanks a lot for the review. I apologise for the plumbing issue. We will make sure on your next visit you dont have any issue .And I hope you will give us one more chance .

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We've stay at this motel before, some years ago, so, we decided on an impromptu trip to St. Augustine as the weather was nice. We checked into the motel - got hit with a $7.00 "parking fee". We were also offered a breakfast at the café next door for an additional $7.00 per person, we declined. Got our key and headed off to our room. When we opened the door, we got hit with a wet, musty odor and the carpets were damp - carpet cleaning? Perhaps! We got past that and decided to go out for dinner. Notified the front desk about the smell and upon our return from dinner and opening the door, we get bombarded with the smell of room deodorizer that would take an elephant down. We propped the door open to let the room air out and finally after airing out the room, we tried to get to sleep. All night long you get the sound or motorcycles or sirens or both. We finally decided to get up, shower and LEAVE! The shower was full of mold and again, the musty smell. The bathroom is tiny and seemed to be more of an after-thought. We check out and wondered around the town and happened on a lovely Bed & Breakfast. The price was about what we had spent at the Bayfront Inn, but, free, on-site parking, free custom order breakfast, free beverages including wine, beer and soft drinks a huge room with a real fireplace and a spacious bathroom with a whirlpool tub! Guess what, NO NOISE except the sounds of horse's walking by in the evening. We decided that we have found our place in St. Augustine, so, we spend our remaining week at this B&B and loved every minute of our stay. I see a few things wrong with the Best Western Bayfront! While this motel maybe "where the action is" that isn't necessarily a good thing, unless you like Harley's, sirens and people standing at your front door carrying on their conversations throughout the night. For the money, this place is really over-priced. I'd put this motel in the same category as a DAYS INN or MOTEL 8 and the room rate at about $59.00 per night. It certainly does not belong in the $100.00 per night range! The $7.00 per night parking fee makes no sense until you find out that this motel is owned by the same people as the Hilton down the street which also charges a parking fee. If you're staying at the Bayfront, where else are you suppose to park? The $7.00 breakfast can be had anywhere and a far better breakfast too. Try the Athena Greek Restaurant on Cathedral Street! Last, but by no means least, if you happen to be handicapped, which is our case, you're in trouble. A wheelchair cannot be used in the rooms (they are so small) or the bathrooms and this motel is NOT handicapped friendly, period! So, may I suggest that the next time you're in St. Augustine, try a bed & breakfast, instead!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jhsataorlando

Thank you , for taking your time and writing a review for our Inn.Me and my staff constantly working on how to make our guest stay pleasant. I apologise for the inconvinience cause to you,
I hope you give us one more chance and we will take care of your parking and breakfast.