We've stay at this motel before, some years ago, so, we decided on an impromptu trip to St. Augustine as the weather was nice. We checked into the motel - got hit with a $7.00 "parking fee". We were also offered a breakfast at the café next door for an additional $7.00 per person, we declined. Got our key and headed off to our room. When we opened the door, we got hit with a wet, musty odor and the carpets were damp - carpet cleaning? Perhaps! We got past that and decided to go out for dinner. Notified the front desk about the smell and upon our return from dinner and opening the door, we get bombarded with the smell of room deodorizer that would take an elephant down. We propped the door open to let the room air out and finally after airing out the room, we tried to get to sleep. All night long you get the sound or motorcycles or sirens or both. We finally decided to get up, shower and LEAVE! The shower was full of mold and again, the musty smell. The bathroom is tiny and seemed to be more of an after-thought. We check out and wondered around the town and happened on a lovely Bed & Breakfast. The price was about what we had spent at the Bayfront Inn, but, free, on-site parking, free custom order breakfast, free beverages including wine, beer and soft drinks a huge room with a real fireplace and a spacious bathroom with a whirlpool tub! Guess what, NO NOISE except the sounds of horse's walking by in the evening. We decided that we have found our place in St. Augustine, so, we spend our remaining week at this B&B and loved every minute of our stay. I see a few things wrong with the Best Western Bayfront! While this motel maybe "where the action is" that isn't necessarily a good thing, unless you like Harley's, sirens and people standing at your front door carrying on their conversations throughout the night. For the money, this place is really over-priced. I'd put this motel in the same category as a DAYS INN or MOTEL 8 and the room rate at about $59.00 per night. It certainly does not belong in the $100.00 per night range! The $7.00 per night parking fee makes no sense until you find out that this motel is owned by the same people as the Hilton down the street which also charges a parking fee. If you're staying at the Bayfront, where else are you suppose to park? The $7.00 breakfast can be had anywhere and a far better breakfast too. Try the Athena Greek Restaurant on Cathedral Street! Last, but by no means least, if you happen to be handicapped, which is our case, you're in trouble. A wheelchair cannot be used in the rooms (they are so small) or the bathrooms and this motel is NOT handicapped friendly, period! So, may I suggest that the next time you're in St. Augustine, try a bed & breakfast, instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you sit on the sundeck of Best Western bayfront overlooking beautiful Matanzas Bay, you'll experience true St. Augustine-style relaxation. Located in the heart of the historic district, our St. Augustine, Florida Best Western Bay-front has a long family tradition of service and quality. Our many wonderful amenities include a swimming pool and delicious dining at our on-site café. For business travel, we feature Internet access, data ports and comfortable workspace in every room. We're also conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and just steps from some of the city's most interesting and exciting sights. For a romantic getaway, try our Honeymoon Room. Or bring the whole family and enjoy in-room conveniences such as cable TV, king - or queen-sized beds, and a refrigerator that's ideal for storing drinks and snacks. For exploring the city, enjoying the beach or simply unwinding, Best Western bay Front is your destination in St. Augustine. We have a $10.00 Parking fee per car per night. Our bay front hotel overlooks the Matanzas Bay and puts you within walking distance of the historic district, including the Spanish Quarter, the Castillo de San Marcos, St. George Street, and countless shops and restaurants well-suited to any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Motel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Bed Breakfast