“Private Wedding full of Romance and Charm!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Francis Inn Bed and Breakfast

St. Francis Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Private Wedding full of Romance and Charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We decided to go to a Bed and Breakfast for our wedding/honeymoon. I found St. Francis Inn on TripAdvisor and saw all the wonderful reviews. The Innkeepers were very accommodating for our ceremony on Dec 30, 2013. We were pleased to find out they were pet friendly so we brought one of our dogs along. Upon arrival we found treats and a welcome note for Princess, our sweet Paplillion! She loved the Inn as much as we did! We were traveling alone and I was worried about capturing pictures from the ceremony without the budget for a photographer. Kelly, the Inn keeper I had been dealing with,was on maternity leave, but assured me someone would help me as well as help with my dress if needed. She even messaged me from home and was so helpful. She gave me another Innkeeper Linda's number, whom was just as helpful, Linda even told me she would come in on her day off to help me if needed! I thought that was very nice, but Janice was there and took care of everything. I do not think I could have asked for someone better!!
Mary was the Innkeeper on duty when we arrived and she preformed our ceremony. Mary was very welcoming and accommodating! The day of the ceremony Janice was there to take pictures and helped with the cake , she was WONDERFUL..she managed to captured some great pictures and we couldn't have asked for someone better to help us!We are so thankful that she was there to help!!
We stayed in the Garden Hideaway which was apart from the main house and was very private which was nice.We loved the whirlpool tub and fireplace! The room was spacious and we loved the old charm of the decor.
We enjoyed the breakfast and snacks each night, everything was beyond what was expected. On New Years Eve we were going to stay in but as we went down to the courtyard to take Princess for a walk we were surprised with Champagne and Chocolate Strawberries at our door such a nice surprise! They also had bags made up to make S'mores in the courtyards fire pit...that was a unexpected amenity we enjoyed. We were extremely interested in the haunted aspect of the Inn and of the town and did have some strange things happen in our room to tell about. The day of the ceremony I was searching through my jewelry for my grandmothers broach to attach to my flowers. She passed away in 2004. My husband searched and I did as well , and we found nothing so we walked downstairs then walked back up a few minutes later and it was laying on top of the jewelry, it was not there! Also in the middle of the night we awoke very cold to find the air-condition on the lowest setting and we couldn't get it to turn off, for a few minutes. Nothing scary just some strange occurrences. I would have loved to stay in the main house or at least checked it out because that's where Lily s room is which most activity has occurred.
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about our stay and special day!! We cant wait to return hopefully before our anniversary or at least to celebrate on our first anniversary! I would recommend this Inn for everyone whom is looking for a quaint, romantic Inn with southern charm and hospitality. It is only a five minute walk to the downtown area so it keeps you in a nice quite area if town! Don't forget to tell Zeke the resident cat hello!! Enjoy this Inn and all the amenities...we will be back!!!
We also returned home and looked at pictures to find the two posted with the house from tour one covered in orbs the next most orbs gone...the pictures where taken seconds apart! No explanation for what we see?

3 Thank Melanie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had no reservation and happened upon this great B&B. While we had the last room with the private bath down the hall, we loved it and would not have traded the experience for a more traditional hotel! Our stay was a great little trip back into the past at the picturesque main house built in 1791 in the quaint historic part of town! The homemade breakfast was fabulous and plenty of options to choose from! The social hour with free wine/beer and liquor in the room was a nice added touch. All the staff are also very warm, welcoming and very pleasant! Will definitely try to stay here again for our next trip to St. Augustine! Loved it!

2 Thank cecastro
New Port Richey, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went for a post holiday visit and it was rainy and cold but lovely here at St. Francis Inn nonetheless! More families w/young children noted this visit which was great to see. Wilson Ste. lovely. such a huge whirlpool tub and love that wrought iron bed! only qualm was thermostat is out in the hall. hard to regulate actual temperature of suite but we survived. :) great parking, Zeke is a sweetie, all the staff really lovely. dining room too busy/full and too cold to eat breakfast outside our last morning so had to come back for breakfast. food lovely...cheesy hashbrown casserole very yummy as well as strawberry 'soup'! Our favorite place to stay in all of St. Augustine.

Room Tip: main house noisier/older than house across the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank travelfamily9
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our first visit was in July then August, now again in January. Both my wife and I plan to continue to visit St. Augustine in the future on a regular basis. Luckily we picked this bed-and-breakfast the first time and continued to come here afterwards. All I can say is what I said in my original review that the location and accommodations are outstanding. The staff is overly accommodating and the rooms are always clean and ready when we arrive. The location of the Inn in proximity to the downtown area is great. If you ever been to St. Augustine a very wonderful little town but parking is very Limited, so leaving your car in the parking lot at the Inn and walking is a great alternative. We also love and picked this Inn originally because it's pet friendly and have been happy ever since. When you look at the value for what you pay between the parking, accommodating staff, more than adequate breakfast, social hour, free wi-Fi and other activities it's quite a bargain. The building is Old and charming and that's all part of the experience of staying in a bed-and-breakfast. As I said before Being pet friendly is important to me and my wife since our dog is part of our family. Somethings you hope never change and this is one of them we plan on staying here many more times in the future.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms at this Inn that are pet friendly however we stayed in Marie's room where...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael P
samspenmom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My favorite place to stay in St Augustine. The best location and very nice and clean. Upon arrival we had chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room with champagne. I even got vegan chocolate strawberries for my diet. Janice the one in charge of the food services was so accommodating for my gluten, vegan, and allergy free diet.She made me special dishes for breakfast, happy hour, and dessert. The rooms are very
nice, clean, and the innkeepers are so warm and friendly. This is the only place to stay for me in St Augustine.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank samspenmom
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I think Dorothy from "The Wizard of OZ" said it best..."There is no place like home"."Like home" is exactly what it feels like when you stay at the St. Francis Inn. I arrived on Christmas Eve and was greeted so warmly by Linda. The yummy taco layered dip and lovely wines offered upon my arrival really hit the spot after a long 7 hour commute. My suite "The Elizabeth" on the 2nd floor is so spacious and comfortable I always stay there when I visit. Anything and everything I needed from taxi's to extra water bottles in the fridge of my suite no request is to much to ask (thank you Carolyn). The yummy pies and cakes that they offer every evening is a real treat. On one of the mornings when I was having breakfast in the Inn's dinning room I heard one of the guest commenting that she had stayed in quite a few B & B's in St. Augustine but that none were like the St. Francis. I very much agree with my fellow guest but it not just about the treats it's the homey family feel that I like most.

Room Tip: I have always only stayed in the Elizabeth Room. It fits up to 4 people on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jacqueline G
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

In a town of first-rate, full-service B&B's, the St. Francis Inn is the varsity starter among its peers. My wife and I spent Christmas night and the night after--what a Yuletide treat! On the recommendation of a friend who has booked the inn for her wedding party in 2014, we chose the St. Franics Inn over the many quality offerings in St. Augustine. The service is at once impeccable and warm. The amenities and inclusions are plenty. The chef is more than a cut above. In short, the attention to every detail of decor and hospitality at the St. Francis Inn earns my sincere thanks to the innkeepers and the wonderful staff of this historical property.

Room Tip: We booked the only room available and were still satisfied. If you can get the Balcony Room, howeve...