“Loved St. Francis Inn”

Ranked #9 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Ormond Beach,Florida
“Loved St. Francis Inn”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

My wife and i go here every year. last two years we've stayed in Margrets room and just loved it. The spa in the room was great. Can't wait to go back next year. The staff went out of there way to make our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed April 2008
3 Thank smorgan3538

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2008

My husband and I had been there 1 and 1/2 years ago- stayed in the Elizabeth Suite and loved it! We took our 10 yr old daughter this time to see St. Augustine and all the historical sites. Again- this Inn is fabulous!! The breakfast was great, the room was beautiful, the Garcia Suite was very roomy and very comfortable. It was also our first time at any Inn where we were able to enjoy the social hour as the weather wasn't the best and we truly enjoyed relaxing there. The innkeepers, Dee and Kelly and others I don't know their names- were wonderful, couldn't do enough! Highly recommend this Inn and will def. go back again!! Thanks so much St. Francis!!!

• Liked — The Serenity of the place!!
  • Disliked — Water pressure in the shower!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank NorthernGal56
Southeast Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2008

My friends and I recently stayed two nights at the St. Francis Inn in The Cottage. The staff and service was absolutely the best. The staff could answer any question you had regarding St. Augustine and the property. There was always something being served - hot breakfast buffet every morning, appetizers and drinks in the afternoon, desserts in the evening. I really can't say enough about this place except that I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Coziness of the inn
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank gnat59
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This was our first time in St. Augustine. We spent 4 days (3 nights) there for Spring Break. We were going to book a hotel for those days; however, we decided to look into B&B's. This was the best experience we could have had! We found St. Francis Inn on the Internet, and looked around at all of their rooms, suites, and other houses.

We ended up staying at their beach house which was right on St. Augustine Beach, a few minutes drive from the actual Inn. This was perfect for a family of 5. We even had an additional guest stay with us the first night, comfortably. There is a full kitchen, albeit small, where you can cook some meals.

The delicious breakfasts at the Inn were a perfect start to our days. The evening social hours at the Inn were times to rest and relax after a day of sight-seeing. They had little snacks the kids enjoyed. We never did get a chance to sample their desserts, but they sounded really yummy from the menu. It just seemed like we always had something to do after 7pm away from the Inn.

The staff at St. Francis were all very helpful. I must have called them at least 50 times before we got there for help planning and packing for the trip. They were all very pleasant and helpful on the phone, and didn't seem to mind my repeated call backs. Once we got there, they helped us select some restaurants and sights we MUST see during our few days there, and provided us with directions to the places. They were all very friendly, and absolutely wonderful with the kids. This is something you don't see all the time when you travel with children.

I noticed several other families with young children staying at the Inn while we were there. The staff was even assisting one family prepare for a day on the beach. (They can pack a picnic lunch for your beach outing.)

I cannot write enough wonderful things about the St. Francis Inn. After reading many of the reviews that did NOT recommend this place for families and young children, I felt I needed to write one from a family's perspective. We are definitely heading back to the St. Francis next year for Spring Break, and planning on staying longer.

• Liked — Full washer and dryer, no dirty clothes to bring home!
  • Disliked — No Internet access at the beach house; however, they DID have wireless internet at the Inn, and could check mail in the mornings after breakfast at the Inn...
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank SonicMom
Lakeland
Reviewed February 21, 2008

My best friend and I stayed at the St. Francis Inn for my birthday and the night afterwards. It is located in the most perfect location of the historic district! The food served at breakfast and social hour was magnificent! They really make you feel so very special. I think this is one of the BEST bed and Breakfasts I have ever been to, IF NOT THE BEST!!!! I know that we will DEFINATLY be back! The people are so nice and the inn is very well kept and clean. The staff are very friendly and are always smileing. They will even assist you in finding places to dine, and places to see. A MUST!!!!!

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank TPen
Manistee, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We loved this place! The location is perfect! The breakfast was amazing. Our room was beautiful. The sherry in our room was an extra treat. They even have two cats that made us feel right at home. They have bikes you can borrow anytime you want. There was always someone at the desk to give advise or directions anytime we wanted. We hope to go back again sometime soon.

• Liked — everything!
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Tonya W
Tn
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We have just returned from a two night stay at the St. Francis. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and I cannot say enough about this establishment. It is truly first class in every area. The amenedities are beautiful, delicious food, excellent location and the personnel is very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and they meet your expectations.
I worked for the airlines for twenty years and have stayed in many
excellent establishments in all parts of the world and I can honestly say this is one of the most comfortable ones yet. Highly recommdend.. Betty and Walter Young

Stayed February 2008