“What a Great to Start Off Our New Life Together!!!”
Review of The Kenwood Inn

The Kenwood Inn
Ranked #7 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My husband I were married at the Kenwood Inn, in July of this year. The experience was amazing. The hostess was so helpful and appreciated her attention to detail. My husband and I did not have to worry. We just put on our wedding clothes and just showed up.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I decided at the last minute to take a weekend getaway to St Augustine. A friend of ours recommended the Kenwood Inn as they had stayed there several times before. We were familiar with other B&B but not the Kenwood.

I spoke to the owner - Pat - on the phone who just made me want to get there as soon as possible. She couldn't have been more gracious, accommodating and anxious to please us. And the hospitality didn't stop. As soon as we arrived we were greeted as if we were family.

The inn is lovely and very comfortable feeling. We really enjoyed the evening wine social hosted by Pat and her husband and meeting the other guests. We had the best time even continuing onto have dinner with 2 other couples we met at the Kenwood. The public space is very condusive to lounging and mingling - if you want becuase they also have a beautiful walled courtyard for more quiet space.

The breakfast was delicious especially the homebaked cakes and pastries not to mention the eggs benedict!!

The rooms are very nice several of which they have redone are exceptionally beautiful and spacious. We wondered around the inn and even the smaller rooms are bigger than some of the other b&Bs we've stayed at. We stayed in the Country French which was just redone and it is BEAUTIFUL including a jacuzzi tub for me and a shower for my hubby. It even has a balcony with a hammick.

We highly recommend the Kenwood and are planning on coming back with several of our friends for the Christmas tour.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

The Kenwood was not only charming and located very close to Old Town but the hosts of the Inn Pat and Ted made the experience totally charming. I never felt more at home and comfortable in any establishment that I have ever stayed in. Wine at sunset followed by a delicious breakfast in the morning made our stay. We lounged by the pool and rocked on the porch. This was an A Plus Bed & Breakfast experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Lovely experience in St Augustine..Walking distance to all ..Great hosts that make you feel so welome.Spend the day in town and come back for a dip in the pool and some wine..We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christine574
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This Inn is perfectly located within walking distance of St. Augustine's finest restaurants, art galleries and best historic attractions. Upon entering the Inn, one is immediately struck by the elegant decor and lovely ambiance that permeates this Victorian gem, which is being lovingly restored by its current owners. Each room is filled with light, and the breakfast room , in particular, is quite beautiful with leaded glass windows looking out upon the lovely views down Bridge and Marine Streets. Innkeepers Pat and Ted were warm and friendly hosts, and evening chats with them and the other guests over a glass of wine was delightful. Our trip was a combination of business (for my husband) and leisure (for me) and as an artist I was especially delighted with all the visually delightful scenes all around me, which afforded many wonderful plein air painting opportunities. We stayed in the Blue Porcelain room which was spacious, extremely clean and had a delightful wrap around porch that caught the cross breezes off Matanzas Bay. There is a swimming pool for staying cool, as well as a courtyard with koi pond and relaxation areas. Overall, I could not have been more delighted with all stay there!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My OH and teenage daughter stayed here for two nights in July. The owners, Pat & Ted were the perfect hosts,Pat went out of her way to cater for for my special dietary requirements. We had a lovely bedroom which was very comfortable. It is claimed that the Kenwood inn is haunted by three ghosts and the ghost tours stop outside here to tell its tales. The Kenwood has its own swimming pool- unfortunately we couldn't make use of it as it rained for the whole time. However, this did not dampen our spirits! Right outside our bedroom door was a chalk board that had various nationalities greeting. So if you see the Welsh one for goodbye, is was written by us!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sassysassy
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The wife and I just got back from an AMAZING WEEKEND at the Kenwood. I was performing in a local production and it was opening weekend. So, I was looking for accomodations near the theatre, to make a nice get away weekend of it...what we got was so much more...we were greeted at the door with a hug as if the wife and I were family. The suite we were in was spacious and beautifully furnished, having just gone through a complete renovation and now fitted with a walkin shower and a bath tub complete with jets...and a lovely wrap around balcony that over looked the ocean or the pool which was so inviting but no time for that...I had to get to the theatre for opening night! The next moring exhausted from the performance...I was not feeling up to joining the other guests for breakfast. Pat the wonderful owner was more than happy to fix my wife and I a couple of trays of food to bring back to our room so we could rest...she was also great at multi tasking as she made reservations at local restaurants, arranging bicycle tours and filled all the requests of her guests. She truly strives to make each guest feel as welcome as can be...and she succeeds. That evening after our show was over Pat invited our small cast back to the Inn to sit by the pool and relax... She was even great to the cast and made them feel as welcome as she had my wife and I when we first arrived... I have to tell you folks...we have stayed at Bed and Breakfast's in past and have had terrible experiences to just ok...but we keep trying and I am happy to report, Pat and her husband are transforming the Inn and the industry with their brand of Hospitality...other B and B's around St. Augustine better take notice...There's a little GIANT on the horizon and it's name is THE KENWOOD INN...oh and bye the way I am a certified travel counselor for American Express...and I am send all my clients to you Pat! - Hope to stay with you again!
Daniel and Kim!