“Felt like staying at long-lost friend's place”
Review of The Kenwood Inn

The Kenwood Inn
Ranked #7 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Absolutely had a great time staying at the Kenwood. Meeting Pat felt like you had known her for years after only a few minutes. Her adorable dog, Elza also made us feel right at home as well :)
It was a very kid-friendly B&B, which isn't necessarily true for some of the other B&Bs in town..and Pat made it EXTRA special by responding to our daughter's note that she left "for the ghost" It's still the story of the week even though we went a few weeks ago.
Our room was comfortable and clean & big enough for the 5 of us ( a king bed, a full, and a cot)..the breakfast was delicious..it was also walking distance to the downtown. If I had to pick one thing that needed improvement..it was the uneven AC throughout the house..which I guess is expected with an older home. The hallway was nice and cool..but the first night our room was verry warm. After we told her about it, she cranked it up the next night & we slept soundly.
Looking forward to returning & making it a family tradition :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Niki W
There are newer reviews for The Kenwood Inn

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Kenwood Inn is a lovely and historical gem in St. Augustine. My husband and I had our wedding there with just a few family members and it was beautiful. The Inn owner, Pat was warm and accommodating. She worked tirelessly on all the details and made it completely stress free for this bride. Pat is an amazing cook and did our Wedding dinner too. It was delicious!! The day after our event we spent an hour just relaxing on the balcony snuggled up on the hammock. Our room was spacious with beautiful updates that made our stay that much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Kenwood for anyone wanting a smaller, private wedding. Pat was a jewel.

Room Tip: We were in the Blue Porcelin and loved it. Large and off the second story balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Near the bay and within walking distance to most local attractions. Pat is super sweet and accommodating. Stayed 1 night in Old English room, which was lovely, and enjoyed soaking in large jacuzzi tub. Pat also gave great recommendation to try segway ghost tour with Kevin & Lindsay--which was awesome!

Only downside was that there was a wedding the night before so and I feel that it affected the quality of breakfast. Although breakfast was DELICIOUS, I expected more variety and glamour. Mind you, it wasn't a bad spread or bad-tasting, just not enough to be 5 stars imo.

Also, the price was good. Definitely worth staying again. :)

Room Tip: I recommend the Old English Suite for the tub and huge bed--very comfy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julestoocool
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visit St. Augustine often and have stayed at several B&Bs. We (along with another couple) had the Kenwood on our list and we were excited to get to stay there in September. The inn is a beautiful property and they were doing some renovations outdoors, so it promises to be even more beautiful in the future. The owner was friendly. I only had three issues that took away from the stay - one (and a big one!) is that there is NO DOOR between the bedroom and the bathroom in Room 8 where we stayed. Even though my roommate and I have had many years together, both of us were VERY uncomfortable with the lack of this accommodation. The bonus was that this room is haunted and we enjoyed a visit (or two) from the ghost cat. Two (my fault, but) I left my razor on the sink of the bathroom upon leaving. The big deal is my razor is no longer made and I cannot replace it. Although my husband emailed the owner, there was no response what-so-ever. The third thing: We were asked ahead of time about dietary issues. My husband is dangerously allergic to bananas and I don't eat meat. Breakfast one day consisted of a fruit parfait - with bananas - which were not immediately identifiable and another breakfast had bacon on the entrée served to me.

Other than that, the stay was great. (Don't stay if you have a dog allergy - there is a sweet doggy on property - no problems other than allergies.)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kenwood Inn for a wedding this past weekend, and it was also our first time at a bed and breakfast! The Inn is very beautiful! We stayed in the Elizabeth's Suite and it was beautiful and very clean. Pat, the Inn owner is very friendly and accommodating, and our breakfast every morning was execellent! We will definitely be coming back! Thank you Pat!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Another fabulous visit to St Augustine and the Kenwood Inn. You will always be impressed with the service (Pat) and the accomodations. A great place to relax for a weekend or a week in a beautiful location. Excellent breakfast and one of the greatest locations for exploring historic St. Augustine.
An exceptional value!

Room Tip: Just let Pat know what you need and she will deliver!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Kenwood inn... im currently skateboarding from Brunswick Maine to Key West Florida to raise money and awareness for the women who have survived cancer, this wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the folks with huge hearts in Saint Augustine:) I'm a huge history buff and also have a strong appreciation for the finer things in life... they hit the nail on the head; as soon as I walked into the door I was astonished by the vibe from this place!!! The house is elegant and is conveniently right downtown, if you stay there I promise you won't regret it:)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business