“The Kenwood Inn is the ideal place to stay in St Augustine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kenwood Inn

The Kenwood Inn
Ranked #7 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
“The Kenwood Inn is the ideal place to stay in St Augustine.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a great place to make your special occasions even more special.
The rooms are lovely and the breakfasts are an extra treat you will enjoy. Pat and her staff are very friendly and respond to all your needs

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Kenwood along with several other family members for my brother's wedding. Pat welcomed us to our home like she was a family member. Any time we needed something, she was right there. All details of the wedding reception were handled by Pat and her staff, and it was wonderful. The food was delicious, and OMG, the cake was to die for! The location of the Inn is perfect for sightseeing in Old Town St. Augustine, as it's in walking distance to everything. The room was comfortable and quaint, and the breakfasts are delicious (I am craving the cheese grits). I highly highly recommend the Kenwood Inn for a wonderful St. Augustine experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Kenwood Inn exudes hospitality, charm, and excellent service. I was here for the Hansen-Hamshar wedding, and as large a group as we were, the hostess and staff managed to keep up with us. The food was excellent, too. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure if they had a fitness center...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have a bias. My wife and I have been staying at the Kenwood for approximately twenty years; our daughter has been (at the Inn) with us for the last ten years. The Inn is strategically located close to the Oldest House and numerous restaurants on Aviles and Charlotte Streets and King Street. It is a literal oasis, an oasis with a gracious owner and host, Pat, and wonderful responsive staff. We have stayed in three different rooms and they all had their own special character and "feel". Breakfast is served in a beautiful courtyard. It is the only Inn I am aware of that has a swimming pool that we have made much use of during our summer stays. There is a peace about the place that cannot be put into words; I have not stayed at a place that gives me the same feeling. Pat sets the "tone" and it permeates throughout the Inn. It is our second home!

Room Tip: "surf" their web site
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Inn is welcoming as you enter but that is further enhanced as you meet Pat and her staff, not forgetting Britz the dog. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a shower so large that it was referred to as the "car wash". Early morning coffee and tea in the lounge before breakfast was very welcome and the breakfast, shared with 4 other couples at the dining table, was delicious and a splendid way to start the day. Any one looking for B&B in St Augustine would find a gem at the Kenwood Inn. Pat is a wonderful hostes such that you feel so much at home.
Sandra and Brian UK

Room Tip: Spoiled for choce but one with a balcony is special.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hobe Sound, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stepping into the Inn we were so warmly welcomed ,We walked into a little slice of heaven!My whole family stayed here for my daughters wedding. It was so cozy having all in surrounding rooms. My room was very comfortable, spacious and very clean. Breakfast each morning was wonderful! my family would gather on the patio and start the day right with scrumpcious food!!We held the Rehersal dinner here., Again wonderful food ! Awesome night! looking forward to my next visit to the kenwood. Its more than an Inn, its like going home!!! Pat will go out of her way to ensure your stay will be a memorable one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela H
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2012

After searching for awhile my new wife and I came across The Kenwood Inn and knew that it was the spot for our wedding. The Inn was beautiful even in Jan!! Our wedding day came and we arrived at the Inn where we were "welcomed home" by the Inn owner Pat. Our room was absolutely gorgeous and we had access to the balcony with two hammocks which we used everyday. The Inn served two different breakfasts on the mornings we were there and each one was awesome. Pat out does herself in these areas!! Now for the wedding day. We had it set up to have it outdoors at five o'clock, but with the rain we ended up inside. To us and our family it was perfect. It was a small area but we were a small group of 22. Only one or two complained that they didn't like it. At the last minute Pat and I decided to have the reception part outside since the sun was out and we all pitched in prior to the ceremony to make sure everything was dry.
The reception outside was really nice. The food was awesome. Pat had even added a dish because she thought we needed something a little more. The servers weren't aware of this and as soon as they did they came to each table and asked if we wanted some which was great. The cake was a leaning tower of Pisa...lol but with the heat the buttercream frosting was starting to melt.. we thought it was cute.. was it perfect.. no.. but we were ok with it.
Someone had made a complaint in a prior review about the Inn.. about OUR wedding... now I am going to make a few comments on that...
One.. was it the wedding we had originally planned.. NO.. my wife and I both had different images in our head and were a little disappointed...not with the Inn but with the weather and some other issues, but the main thing is.. We saw eyes for each other only and we LOVED what we had. It was about us still and that was the main thing.
two.. as far as alcohol being served by the Inn..I am only going to say this after much investigating the issue. The Inn didn't do anything wrong. It was a very small setting and IF the parents allowed a child to have a glass for the toast that is on the parents and none of the person making the comments business. If the person complaining had a problem than maybe she shouldn't have been there. The Inn didn't do anything wrong.
Now as far as that one person having all these other complaints about the wedding or the Inn... she was not a guest of the Inn so she has NO idea what the Inn offers.. the quality or service it really offers... and as far as our wedding.. She, nor anyone else, know what we really wanted or what decisions that my wife and I made at the last minute so she can not judge anything like that unless she is US.. which she isn't.
The wedding... and the Inn were absolutely awesome.. beautiful and we can't wait to "come home" again.

Room Tip: Every room is worth the stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple