“Welcome home at the Kenwood Inn”
Review of The Kenwood Inn

The Kenwood Inn
Ranked #6 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Clermont, Florida
“Welcome home at the Kenwood Inn”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I needed a much needed long weekend away. When we chose St. Augustine I instantly looked at B&Bs. I made an excellent choice with The Kenwood Inn. Pat was beyond wonderful. She made us feel like family and made us comfortable to be in any part of the Inn. Our room was beautiful and exactly as described. If you can get it stay in the Country French Room. The shower and bathtub were so refreshing after spending the day walking around St. Augustine. We had our own private access porch on the second floor. Pat is a wonderful hostess with the wine hour and breakfast each day. She was concerned when we arrived and found out my husband is a chef but he complimented her often on her cuisine. We loved that we were just up the road from everything but being just up the road the evenings were quiet sitting on our patio and enjoying time together. We will definitely be back again to visit Pat and the Kenwood Inn.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with access to the wrap around porch. Its a great way to enjoy the evening or firs...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a fantastic time at the Kenwood Inn. My new brother and sister in-law had their bridal party with close freinds and family stay there and we took over! Pat was amazing and made all of us (and there was a lot of us) feel at home. She hosted the rehearsal dinner at the inn which added another special touch to the whole weekend. Her cooking is second to none and definitely do not miss her breakfasts. While we were all getting ready for the wedding Pat was running around with us making sure we had everything we needed. If something was missing Pat was there to help. By the end of the day she was no longer just a fantastic host but also a friend. We will def be back there next year for the 1 year anniversary. See you soon Pat!

Room Tip: If there are 4 of you traveling the 3rd floor suite is perfect. It has 2 bedrooms, a entertainment r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Two friends and I stayed at the Kenwood Inn last weekend. Pat was a wonderful hostess - plenty of recommendations, great breakfast food, good conversation. The room was comfortable - even the temporary bed that I was on since we had 3 in our room. The Inn is very close to everything - easily walkable - but a bit removed from the hustle of St. George St., which was nice and quiet. Everything was great. We LOVED breakfast and chatting with other visitors. Pat made sure we had everything we needed, even reminding me to print my boarding pass! There were little fridges downstairs so we could store our drinks. We didn't even have time to use the pool, but those loungers looked comfy! Could not have been more pleased with our weekend. I will recommend the Kenwood Inn to all of my friends and family.

Room Tip: The exterior rooms face the street and sometimes the horses would gallop by - didn't bother us...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a great stay in this lovely bed and breakfast. Pat was a wonderful host, gave us great recommendations, and made incredible breakfasts. Excellent location, walking distance to everything. We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My sister has nagged at me to stay at a B&B, but I was hesitant. Then, I stayed at the Kenwood Inn and it was fabulous! The moment we walked in the door we warmly greeted by Pat, the owner (you sure don't get that at the Hilton). Our room was glorious and I never wanted to leave our balcony. Breakfast was to die for-- every single day. We also had so much fun each evning at the wine time. We asked Pat for restaurant recommendations and she not only steered to the absolutely perfect ones for our mood, she made reservations for us. Pat also gave us great ideas for things to do in St. Augustine and then we came home to her beautiful pool for a refreshing dip. The Kenwood Inn and Pat made a convert out of me, no more impersonal, cookie-cutter hotels for me.

Room Tip: We were in the Captain's Suite, which in and of itself couldn't be better, but then you go o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the most wonderful B&B. It has all the charm with wonderful ammenities.

I first visited with my daughter-in-law. We stayed in the Green Room which allowed us each to have our own bathroom and bedroom with a door between us. It was just perfect for two girls. The following trip my husband and I took our son. We stayed in the suite on the 3rd floor. It was so spacious. The bathroom has a wonderful modern cool factor with the overall area being very quaint with a cute little balcony. My husband and I even had a King size bed. Something hard to find in B&B's.

Breakfast both times was incredible. Pat is the most fabulous host there is. She makes you feel like you're coming home. St. Augustine is a great place to visit and this is the place. to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We (Wife, Daughter & myself) recently stayed at the Kenwood Inn in St. Augustine. It is located close to downtown and shops and restaurants. Pat the owner was a wonderful host. She made us feel very welcome and we pretty much became part of the family after spending 3 nights there. Breakfast was a great time to enjoy Pat's culinary skills and spend time visiting with other guests. We stayed in the Porcelian room. It is nicely decorated and the king bed was very comfy. Even the Cot supplied for my Daughter was comfortable to sleep on. All expectations were exceeded and then some. Our family feel in love with St. Augustine and it's history. Pat and her staff at the Kenwood made it one of the best mini vacations we have ever had. We hope to make a return visit someday.

Room Tip: Get a room with access to the balcony/veranda. See attached picture.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family