“Old St. Augustine Gem”
Review of The Kenwood Inn

The Kenwood Inn
Ranked #7 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

First time staying there, but not the last. Hospitality is awesome, the rooms lovely, and the breakfasts truly gourmet. Walk to all the historic sites and restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose one of the 2nd floor rooms with access to the balcony.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

What a wonderful place. Perfect is the only word that I can use!!!! From the moment we walked in the door until the moment we left every need was taken care of with kindness and true concern.

Room Tip: Go on line and look at the rooms and them pick from the pictures. Great pictures.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just got married at the Kenwood Inn (July 2012) and had a wonderful experience. We had 16 people at our wedding and we were on a budget. We chose the Kenwood initially because we loved the photos of the guest rooms, and the wedding package seemed reasonably priced. I'm so glad we did! The rooms were every bit as nice as the pictures suggest, the Inn was full of charm and character, everything was clean, and Pat (the owner of the Inn) was a more gracious host than I could have imagined.
My husband and I stayed in the French Country room, which was beautiful. The colors and the linens were rich and comfortable. The bathroom had a great shower and a jacuzzi tub and it had access to a large wrap around balcony. My in-laws want to go back and stay there for their anniversary after seeing it. My other family stayed in the Blue Porcelain, Captain's suite, Caitlyn's room, The British Colonial, and the Country Suite. Every one of those rooms was also immaculate and beautiful. All of the rooms we saw appeared to be recently updated and very tastefully and thoughtfully decorated.
Pat arranged everything for the wedding. She provided the officiant, the cake, bouquets and champagne. She arranged the ceremony, served the cake and champagne afterwards, coordinated the carriage ride for us and arranged for transportation for all of our guests to and from dinner afterwards. Everything was taken care of. The experience was so enjoyable for us and we really had a chance to celebrate each other, since we didn't have to worry so much about the details!
Breakfast each morning was delicious... she served something different each day and it was all wonderful, with something for everyone.
We highly recommend the Kenwood for couples, families, and events... We will definitely return!

Room Tip: The French Country and Blue Porcelain rooms are very romantic and are pretty good sized! The Captain...
1  Thank Emily P
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was our first experience staying at a B&B, and it as terrific! Even though another B&B had a fire and most of the guests came to the Kenwood, everything still went off without a hitch. The entire staff was very friendly, and the food was awesome! Thanks to Pat and everyone for making our visit so wonderful.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Country French Inn room and it was well worth it!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I am so beyond thrilled with my experience at the Kenwood Inn. Pat and everyone else on staff were friendly and helpful and just a pleasure to chat with! We stayed in the Captain's Room and it was big, the furniture was beautiful, the mattress was more confortable than the one I have at home, the shower was huge and the room had so much character. Loved all the details! The pool here as beautiful and perfect for relaxing after walking around all day. It was very hot in St. Augustine but the location is great for getting to the trolley, walking to restaurants and galleries, Flagler College, etc. Our breakfasts were delicious and so filling that we didn't really need lunch. Pat helped us make reservations for a dinner out and helped me plan a special surprise for my husband on our anniversary. I have never stayed in a b & b before and I LOVED it. We really felt like special guests. I can't say enough wonderful things about the Kenwood Inn!

Room Tip: I peaked in the unoccupied rooms and they were all lovely!
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We took a quick day trip to St Augustine and decided to stay here based on the reviews. We travel often for work and usually stay at Hilton and Marriott properties. I thought it would be a pleasant change to stay at a B&B. Great choice as it was nicer than many, great breakfast and Pat made us feel like family....very comfortable! Beautiful home, close to everything. Pat offered suggestions for dinner and things to do in the area.

We will visit again!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Like many, I read the reviews when putting together travel plans. When reading the reviews of this B&B, I noticed there were no bad ones for good reason. This is a terrific place to stay. The location is excellent. You are a few blocks from the center of the historic area. It takes you maybe 10 minutes to walk to the Fort and one minute to walk to the waterfront and 3 minutes to walk to the center of things. And, it is far enough away so you feel you are in a quiet neighborhood. There is a really nice heated pool which is fun at the end of the day of sightseeing. The rooms are very nice. Pat, the owner, is extremely gracious and accommondating. She seems to be constantly available to assist you with recommendations, suggestions, even shipping packages for you if you want. The breakfasts are definitley in the gourmet category and she will happily make an alternative for those who enjoy the basics. There is wine starting at 5pm. There is access to a frig and ice is available. In addition, she may give you a free tour of a local attraction. We were given a free one in a half hour tour of a historical home. The tour was very good. There is free wifi. Parking is free at a lot a few blocks away (parking in this area is very difficult). There is a nice porch and a nice courtyard in the back. In fact they held a post wedding reception in the courtyard while we were there. I was extremely happy with this B&B. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

1  Thank gonefishing85