“Excellent Home away from home”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Columbus, Georgia
“Excellent Home away from home”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This La Quinta is the first one that I have ever stayed in and it won't be the last! The location near the shopping outlets was a major draw. The shopping is also excellent. The staff could not have been any friendlier or helpful. The room could not have been any cleaner. I didn't even use the can of Lysol that I always travel with! With the first floor being pet-friendly, my daughter and I felt very comforted seeing all the happy dogs as they came and went. We missed ours and will be bringing him on our next trip. And although we were surrounded by dogs, we were not at all disturbed by any barking. I am a handicapped person and was able to get around just fine in the room eventhough it was not a hanidcap accessible room. There was plenty of room in the bath, which included handrails in the tub, to accommodate my wheelchair. This was a very enjoyable trip for us with La Quinta providing an excellent spot to rest and rewind for the next day of fun.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Miami , Fl
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I had to stay only for one night but it was a lovely room with free wireless and flat screen hotel. The pool is small but the area is clean. In fact the hotel is very clean. Also the staff is helpful and friendly. Breakfast is your basic continental breakfast with waffles and fruit.I would go back . It was one of the better La Quintas I have stayed in lately

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank turlyMiami_Fl
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Nice hotel if you are on a tight budget. Started staying at this property 4-5 days/month for the past 8 months due to my job. At first, this property was on par with a Hilton/Marriott property. However, in recent months, the rooms are severely showing signs of wear. I mentioned several times to management about issues and things were dismissed. Asked once about getting airline points, management said they didn't know how to credit my account with points. The last time I stayed there, I asked management for a check-out 30 minutes after the designated time...they said no. I explained that I have stayed at the property at least 30 nights over the past few months and asked if they would reconsider...the answer was still no. I haven't been back since.

Rooms have a faint smell of sewage, some of the room a/c's sound like a gun is being shot when they are turned on, the beds are extremely hard and have plastic covers under the sheets, the wireless internet in the rooms is spotty at best. The nice part of the room is that there is a flat panel on the wall. Other than that, the hotel is fine.

FYI...There is a Marriott Fairfield Inn that just opened next door.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
laquintastaugustine, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine, responded to this review, August 3, 2009
I do not reconize the issues that you brought up in your review.
Myself and my Staff do know how to get frequent flyer miles added to our guest.
When a guest brings up an issue with their stay whether positive or negative we react to them right away.
Yes it is true that new doesn't last forever but we do our best at presenting the cleanest and most well maintained room possible.
I'm sure you will be able to the same about the new Mariott when the new wears off.
NC
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Thank you La Quinta for a great weekend. The room was perfect...clean and quiet. Breakfast was adequate and the hostess was friendly and helpful. Front desk staff, Prias and Bud, were great from assisting with telephone reservations to checking out. And, most of all, LaQuinta is pet friendly so we were able to have our two dogs with us. Oh, it is a totally non-smoking establishment...hooray!! The Inn is a short drive to the hustle and bustle of the Old City and a wonderful place to come back to for a relaxing evening.

Dunnellon
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I'm a native Floridian and this is a beach town. So you worry about musty damp hotel rooms. You get a clean, odor-free hotel with a great staff here. The lady who does the breakfast treats everyone like they are her own children. When I called after seeing the great reviews on this website, I commented on the reviews and the guy on the phone apologized that the jacuzzi was being repaired. Jacuzzi or no, this will be the only place I stay in St. Augustine. It does not matter that it's a little ways from the beach and downtown. You can buy an inexpensive trolley ticket and that gets you free parking. Buy attraction tickets when you get the trolley ticket and they give you discounts onthose as well. Show your AAA card for further discounts. (And no, they aren't paying me to write this)!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2009

This hotel is new, so it is clean and quiet with nicely sized rooms and good amenities like a small fridge and microwave. It is easy to find off of I 95 and the price can't be beat in the area for something as nice. Staff was helpful and friendly.
The provided breakfast is limited, but there are make your own waffles and there were scrambled eggs both days of our stay. There is enough of a choice to get your day started on the right note. The only concern would be the small size of the breakfast area. When it gets crowded, you have to work around people to obtain your items and there is very limited seating (for 20). The second day we had to take our food back to the room to eat as all the tables were full.
It's an excellent choice in the St Augustine area, which unfortunately, has a lot of hotels that have seen better days. For cleanliness, comfort and convenience with a good price-this is a good choice for all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Very nice, clean, new hotel close to outlets and not far from historic attractions that St. Augustine has to offer. Only negative comment is that we stayed for 3 days and they never had any orange juice for breakfast. Of all places - in Florida - if the machine wasn't working, why didn't they go buy a carton? We love LaQuintas and this hotel ranked as one of the nicest, but the breakfast needs to be more accommodating and offer a little more - orange juice, ice water, bananas, a microwave - just to name a few. We have plans to stay there again soon.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family