“La Quinta Inn off Highway 16”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Thank you La Quinta for a great weekend. The room was perfect...clean and quiet. Breakfast was adequate and the hostess was friendly and helpful. Front desk staff, Prias and Bud, were great from assisting with telephone reservations to checking out. And, most of all, LaQuinta is pet friendly so we were able to have our two dogs with us. Oh, it is a totally non-smoking establishment...hooray!! The Inn is a short drive to the hustle and bustle of the Old City and a wonderful place to come back to for a relaxing evening.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

I'm a native Floridian and this is a beach town. So you worry about musty damp hotel rooms. You get a clean, odor-free hotel with a great staff here. The lady who does the breakfast treats everyone like they are her own children. When I called after seeing the great reviews on this website, I commented on the reviews and the guy on the phone apologized that the jacuzzi was being repaired. Jacuzzi or no, this will be the only place I stay in St. Augustine. It does not matter that it's a little ways from the beach and downtown. You can buy an inexpensive trolley ticket and that gets you free parking. Buy attraction tickets when you get the trolley ticket and they give you discounts onthose as well. Show your AAA card for further discounts. (And no, they aren't paying me to write this)!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

This hotel is new, so it is clean and quiet with nicely sized rooms and good amenities like a small fridge and microwave. It is easy to find off of I 95 and the price can't be beat in the area for something as nice. Staff was helpful and friendly.
The provided breakfast is limited, but there are make your own waffles and there were scrambled eggs both days of our stay. There is enough of a choice to get your day started on the right note. The only concern would be the small size of the breakfast area. When it gets crowded, you have to work around people to obtain your items and there is very limited seating (for 20). The second day we had to take our food back to the room to eat as all the tables were full.
It's an excellent choice in the St Augustine area, which unfortunately, has a lot of hotels that have seen better days. For cleanliness, comfort and convenience with a good price-this is a good choice for all.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Very nice, clean, new hotel close to outlets and not far from historic attractions that St. Augustine has to offer. Only negative comment is that we stayed for 3 days and they never had any orange juice for breakfast. Of all places - in Florida - if the machine wasn't working, why didn't they go buy a carton? We love LaQuintas and this hotel ranked as one of the nicest, but the breakfast needs to be more accommodating and offer a little more - orange juice, ice water, bananas, a microwave - just to name a few. We have plans to stay there again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2009

Friendly, clean, excellent! The breakfast was very good and the service excellent a southern charm, the lady working in the breakfast area in the morning is so sweet and very attentive. I consider myself a picky person specially when it comes to bathrooms, bedding and carpets I give them 5 star. I will stay again! the Michel Family

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2009

If you don't mind staying about 15 minutes by car from the downtown historic district of St. Augustine, you can enjoy reasonably priced ($72 AAA rate) clean and friendly accommodations including continental breakfast. The homemade waffles are delicious but what makes the experience memorable is the gracious breakfast room staffer named Dorothy. She greets every guest with a "Good Morning Darlin'" and is helpful to a fault. We stayed 5 nights and she even packed up homemade cookies for us on the day of departure.

1  Thank equinoxWashDc
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Close to I-95 and very easy to find. Very clean rooms. I was worried about some other hotels I saw on line but this is a safe bet. We didn't take our pet with us but a lot of other guest did. But don't let that scare you...I hear my neighbor's pet at home more often than I heard at the hotel. Ok free breakfast..not much of a selection but not bad. Room and bathroom very clean and well stocked with fresh towels. Pool looked fine but too cold to use. Hot tub was not worked all three days. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Would come back to see the things we missed...light house..too windy..wouldn't let us go up and Flager College.