“Suggestion”

Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
A TripAdvisor Member
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stay at La Quinta St Augustine Hotel next I95 for one night on Dec 28, my son and me and of course my pet , by mistake my Son left his coat in the closet, on Dec 29 around 1030pm my son called to the reception spoke to a lady who promised him that UPS will call him next day asking delivery address etc, etc, at the end of the Monday my Son called the hotel a gain spoke to another agent who said same story, days goes fast on Jan 4th 2014 I decided to handle this issue , when I called the hotel the reception agent transfer the call to the manager who promised that UPS will call me in the 30 minutes , after 3 hours I handle the issue calling
by myself to all UPS based at St Augustine Fl , hotel nice but service no good.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 13, 2014

rooms are clean but way outdated. seats in lobby are sunken in with broken springs- not a welcoming appearance. the entire hotel needs a remake and renovate. breakfast is skimpy compared to other hotels- no eggs other than hard boiled or any meat products.

furniture in rooms are worn and scratched- a 2 rating is generous.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dr C
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had heard negative reviews about this Inn, but found the stay to be excellent. Room was very clean, and up to a 4 star rating. Had my cat with me and stayed on the 3rd Floor which was very quiet and clean. Will return in March for another stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I would have rated this a 5 except for the room number 124, which is right next to the entrance door, and stairway.Everytime hey guest use the side door it slammed LOUDLY, literally rattling the pictures on the wall.If you want a good night sleep ask for the top floor, besides the door, the children above us ran around stomping till 2 a.m., and started again at 6 a.m. the second night no kids upstairs, so I only had to deal with the door slam.Other then that, my second night was a pleasure.The room was spotless, with comfortable beds, fluffy pillows, microwave, and fridge.The bathroom was clean, with lots of clean fluffy towels.There is a coffee pot in the room, and a hairdryer, beautiful marble counters, and again spotless.The TV with a flat screen, was clear, but didn't have a channel guide.They have a card to tell you what channels they have, but you have to surf to see what's on.Google what's on TV to see what's playing on the channel( thank God for cell phones).They serve free breakfast from 6 till 9, delicious waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs, Danish, muffins, fruit, juice, and coffee, Tea, and hot chocolate.They are pet friendly, with no surcharge.The dogs are great not a peep out of them, the children on the other hand, should have a surcharge.The Hotel is off of exit 318, go east about 200 yards, to the light, there is a kangaroo gas station on your left, make the left, the sign is hard to see.The hotel sits right in front of the big green water tower.I was at the desk, when the clerk was giving directions to the hotel,I was already there and I got lost lol.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bomax11
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very clean rooms and public areas. I understand that all properties in this chain are pet friendly, but it does not show, if we did not see other guests with their pets, we would not know pets had stayed there. Staff is very friendly. St Augustine is the oldest city in the US, so lots of history in the town.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dixon704
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is extremely affordable and clean. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. I have no pets but I was surprised by the quiet since this is a pet friendly hotel according to their website. My family and I will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Cr1stofori
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The staff was so accommodating to us during our stay in St. Augustine, FL. We traveled with two special needs dogs and never worried about leaving them in the room when we went sightseeing. I appreciate hotels that not only provide for us humans but also for my fur-babies! Thank you La Quinta!

2  Thank Karen K