“Clean and Quiet”

Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Clearwater, Florida
“Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here or the weekend and found it to be very quiet even as the hotel was very busy. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast was good serving eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit pastries, breads and yogurt. The interactions I had with the staff were very good as they were friendly.The most important part for me was the pet policy (no additional fee) and there is a big field next to the hotel where I could exercise my dog. I will stay here again the next time I come to ST. Augustine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Destin, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during this past weekend....when we checked in the front desk clerk Jennifer was very pleasant...the room was spacious...and extremly clean...I have stayed at this hotel numorus times...the only thing that concered me was that there was a loud bang on our door around midnight...I complained about it, next morning front desk told me they were unwanted guest being unruly...and giving manager hard time....so I believe that negative comment was the unruly children....also parking wasn't that bad...hotel was sold out...what do you expect. ...this hotel is super clean and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jennashorty
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed this weekend and wouldn't set foot on the property again. I was in a group of 6 and we had two rooms booked for a business event. For some reason we never learned, we were accused of all sorts of ridiculous things - taking up all the parking places, roughhousing and putting too many people in a room. Apparently because we appeared young the managers assumed we were up to no good. We were harassed by management and the police 4 times after 11 p.m., though we were just trying to go to sleep. Despite speaking calmly with the management to try and clear up misunderstandings regarding our booking, which was made for us by our company, I was screamed at, had a finger shoved in my face by Highten, the owner, and was told, "Go to your room and don't come out." The police were also called to escort us off the property because there were too many of us... though there were 6 of us distributed across four beds in two rooms. Never did get to the bottom of the issue as Highten and Skylar were too busy screaming at us in a grossly unprofessional manager. I've never been treated so poorly by a hotel and I stay in hotels about 250 nights a year. Would not recommend this property as there are so many other to choose from in the area, and undoubtedly their managers aren't crazy people out to cause trouble with paying guests.

Also, the parking situation is terrible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank BAA1113
Marion, South Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a great stay in St Augustine , The beds here were super comfy and the hotel despite being off a busy exit was nice and quiet , with plenty of spacious surroundings for your pets. The staff was very friendly , breakfast was good.. I would definitely recommend this hotel ! :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
paris ontario
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I Think I picked a winner, this time! As I drove into their spacious property,and saw the palm trees, and tropical plants,I had an idea, that I was in for a pleasant stay. From the friendly front desk staff,to the large, modern room,I knew I was right. The front desk attendant directed me to the Historical section of St Augustine,and advised as to the correct way to get there. My room was all you could ask for,with modern fixtures,and a work desk,with all the ports to connect any electronic devices. There was a wall-hung T.V,an easy chair,a king bed,a large fridge,[not your tiny mini fridge] and a regular coffee maker. The Hotel grounds were fabulous,with lots of area to exercise your pets. there was two huge outlet malls near-by, for any shopaholics! Good restaurants abound, and are only minutes away. Due to the warm weather,breakfast was not geared to hot items.There was only one hot item...waffles!. Instead there was a large selection of cereals, fresh fruit,yogurts, sweet rolls, fruit juices, and fresh coffee. A great place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor king, away from exercise room, and elevator