“Good for pets, not for guests”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine
Ranked #42 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The location is good, 10 minutes from St Augustine downtown, and in front of the outlet mall.
The hotel is not that bad, but the carpet and the sheets smell dirty and I had red spots in all my body after sleep in the bed!
We picked this hotel because we were with our dog and was great for him, but even my dog couldn't stop smelling the carpet and the dirty sheets, which didn't give me a good feeling.
I would stay again If I bring my dog and I have no choice, but the rooms are so dirty.
The staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
laquintastaugustine, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We here at La Quinta of St. Augustine apologize for your uncomfortable stay; we strive to ensure each guest has a positive memorable experience with us and I am sorry to hear you did not. As we say to each guest that checks in with us, if you have any problems let us know immediately so we can correct them. As for the user named Miscik, please contact me directly the next time you are in the area so I can make sure you enjoy your next visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Recently stayed for one night with my family and new puppy. Great stopping point when traveling from the Northeast to South Florida on I-95. This La Quinta looks brand new, the rooms and beds are very comfortable with large bathrooms, and everyone working at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast in a very pleasant dining area. The location is great too, just off I-95, near the outlet malls, and not too far from downtown St. Augustine. Lastly, the day after leaving, I realized I had left an electronic reader in the room, called the hotel, it had been turned into the front desk by the housekeeping staff, and was sent to me via overnight mail the next day. No worries if you are not traveling with pets however, I did not hear a single bark all night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wanderlust5739
A La Quinta traveler
Orlando, FL
Reviewed August 11, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Everything about this La Quinta is top rate. Rooms and beds are excellent. Breakfast is included in the room price and parking is free. Very short comute to the historical district. Right next door to the Outlet Mall and right off I-95. Excellent Value !!!

Room Tip: Just a short drive to downtown.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Imagesports
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed for 6 days/5 nights. We loved the room, very clean, pillow top beds were a dream. Hotel is about 10-15 minutes away from historic downtown. we enjoyed it because it was away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but close enough to be convient. Extremely affordable. And even tho it was a pet friendly hotel, we never heard even a peep out of any animals. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank melanie d
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, FL
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went with the family for a 3 days mini vacation and the hotel service, room, pool and price was excelent, the hotel also allow pets in it an there was such a great cleaniless and no bad scent any where

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family