La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
$137
$236
$217
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$84
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$130
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
$239
$198
$161
$199
Autograph
  • Restaurant
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
All reviewsoutlet malla pet friendly hoteltraveling with petspet ownersallow petsrecommend this hotelclean roomseasy accessfront desk clerkshort drivenice roomconvenient locationbed was very comfortableyogurtold townlqaugustine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Although we were not so much aware that this was a PET FRIENDLY hotel we are now...Be prepared to here BARKING dogs, dogs being brought into the dining room where your Breakfast is being served. Overall it was an average stay, but we will definately be more AWARE of the Pet Friendly hotels from now on !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank davbarfinney
laquintastaugustine, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! I read your review and wanted to respond to the issues you brought up. Yes, all La Quinta's are pet friendly, and I wanted to assure you that this property is in the process of reevalutating our Pet Policy to acheive a better balance between our guests with pets and those without.
We do not allow pets in the dining area unless they are service animals; federal guidelines prevent us from turning away these types of animals. Another catch-22 for us is we cannot require a guest claiming their animal is a service animal to provide proof of such. It is possible there are guest who take advantage of this.
We do take our guest's comments seriously and I hope I have been able to reassure you. I also hope that you would consider staying with us again when you visit our wonderful city. Again, thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites for five days during January so I could enjoy St Augustine. I had looked at other hotels in the area but came back to this hotel not only for its location but also because they are pet-friendly without the usual exorbitant nightly fees associated with traveling with my pet. I figure you don't pay extra for traveling with your child, so why should I pay extra for traveling with my pet? I was extremely pleased from the moment I called to check availability to the morning I left to come home. Everything from the lobby, to the pool and spa area to the breakfast area, to the room itself was immaculate! The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and accommodating, the free morning breakfast was delightful and always fresh and plentiful, and the bed was so comfy! The location was very near the outlet malls, about fifteen minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches in the area and also within about fifteen minutes to all of the history and excitement that St Augustine is known for! The price was reasonable for the quality and area and the hotel was definitely very well managed which is not the case for all La Quintas I have visited in my travels. I definitely plan to stay here again when I return to St Augustine. The trip was amazing and having a very comfortable and clean room to return to after my long days of sightseeing was a definite plus!

Room Tip: I had a room on the third floor facing the street and never heard anything. The black-out curtains are a nice touch for those mornings when you wish to sleep in since the Florida sunshine rises early! : )
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank deacaro
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This property is the only dog friendly hotel in this area. They get a lot of pets here and handle it very well. The included breakfast is not inspiring but is adequate with waffles and very good coffee. Oven quick- prep sausage and eggs on the week-end. Reasonably priced. Room must be animal free for housekeeping but this is easy to work out. Wold reccomend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tgurley43
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel! Traveling with a husband, 3 teenage boys and 2 small dogs can be a little daunting when finding accommodations ... not at La Quinta! I have stayed at different La Quinta hotels across the southeast US, and I have yet to be disappointed. For a pet friendly hotel, it was very clean and even smelled clean. The room was spacious and brightly furnished. The bed was really comfortable and the extra pillows were a nice touch. The continental breakfast is always a plus when traveling with kids. All in all, great hotel. Can't wait to visit St. Augustine again!

• Stayed: January 2012