“This is not your average chocolate bar”
Review of Claude's Chocolate

Claude's Chocolate
Ranked #6 of 102 Shopping in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Handmade Chocolates in the Heart of St. Augustine. Coffee Bar, Ice Cream, Homemade Cookies. Great Gifts...and We Ship Year Round in the Continental US. Group Chocolate Tours Available Upon Request (Not available November & December).
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you like the kind of chocolate you find at your local convenience store, you may find Claude's Chocolates not your kind of place. However, if you enjoy the experience of artisan confection, the kind you would find in the great chocolatiers of Europe, you will love Claude's Chocolates. So many truffles and bon-bons, so many marvelous flavors. And Claude and his team are masters when it comes to making chocolate and educating you about the kind of ingredients he uses for his creations. And if you shy away from the fancy he had great white, milk, and dark chocolate bars with nuts, chocolate covered oreos, fruit and a fresh selection of baked chocolate chip cookies. And oh my the popsicles -- not to be missed! It's not average chocolate -- no, its better and will always be one of the best on the south east coast!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I tried several truffles and bon bons during my visit to Claude's and all were super. Most guests seemed to like the salted caramel the most, and I certainly liked them as well, but they happened to have a few packages of slightly imperfect creamy choc covered caramels at a discount. I purchased a package, and if I hadn't already been 20 miles away when I tried them, I would have gone right back. The hint of rum that was infused into these was perfection. The lady was also kind enough to put together a couple of small gifts for me at a very reasonable price, and was helpful with recommendations on where to dine. The key lime and mimosa truffle were also noteworthy and the Earl Grey tea infused bon bon was interesting and worth the try. They are the equal of the best European boutique chocolates IMO, though most slightly sweeter which I assume is to cater to our American tastes, but they did have the dark for purists!
There is a nice shop in the front that sells gourmet foods and wine as well. If you park in back it is free for the time you are in the stores. Shop is across the "park" area from the Casa Monica.

1  Thank wallflowerart
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Got two free samples of the truffles, and they were good so I bought more. The store feels less touristy and more cozy. Small seating area to have a cup of coffee if you desire.

1  Thank tastebuddy2011
FloridaChocolatelady, Owner at Claude's Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

From all of us at Claude's Chocolate a big Thank you!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I haven't tasted all the chocolate in Florida but I have tasted most of the chocolate in St Augustine and Claude's is the best hand's down. We nearly panicked when we went to the old location and it wasn't there! thank goodness for smart phones we found it a minutes walk away. The family favorite is the dark chocolate covered, caramel with sea salt fudge-sickle. Nothing to revive you I the midst of a day of shopping and sight seeing than some of Claude's chocolates!!

2  Thank Glue_momster76
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I love my chocolate!!! This is a wonderfully vibrant, quaint location right in the heart of downtown near Flagler College. The owners are first generation French and have been doing this a long time from what I was told. The truffles were so delicious and you could taste the layer of flavour in each one. Far better truffles than I had from the chain Kilwin's last week!

I will be back, and I will be back often. Their prices are great for how good the products are!

1  Thank Torontofreewalk