“great place”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2012

we went here last weekend my husband and I the staff was great and friendly I got the ham sandwich and my husband got the salmon sandwich and the tea was great we also got a tart OMG that was great will go back

1  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We drove from Daytona Beach (one hour way) to spend a romantic evening at Bistro de Leon. The place is charming, has a French feeling to it and a short but good menu. We ordered Salade de Chevre Croustifounant - beautiful combination of warm goat cheese and cranchy peacans candied with honey. Very, very tasty! And local Shrimp a la Plancha - garlicy and juicy. Before our appetizers came, we were served a basket of sliced baguette - way too salty for my taste but it can happen to the best bakers. Our waiter got busy with a table of six and made me wait for my Pino a bit longer than I would like to but not a big deal. For the main course we decided to split Boeuf a la Mode with linguine. They ran out of linguine and offered penne instead. Not the best substitute but again it is a small detail. Meat was tender and falvorful. To our surprise the prostion was still large. While we started eating our meat, the table next to us received an amuse-bouche - a small cup of what looked like a cream of carrot soup. I do not know the rules of Bistro de Leon, but in general all the clients receive a free apetizer, if there is one. We didn't. Something tells me our waiter forgot. And finally, when the check came, they tried to charge us for two entrees and an extra 4 charge for splitting one entree at the same time. Our waitress took out one entree charge but left us with a little bit of a bad taste about this otherwise great French restaurant.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Came here with my wife and kids (3 yr old toddler in a booster seat and infant in a car seat). We had brunch on a Saturday morning, they have a great and diverse brunch menu. Staff couldn't have been better, very attentive, coffee and water never went empty. With our kids we can be a demanding table...but our servers were outstanding. We had the french toast, croque monsieur, steak au poivre, and croissants. Every thing was so good, it'd make your toes curl up. We'd definitely go back again. If anything I'd recommend getting there earlier than later just to make parking easier. Bon appetit!!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We came here for brunch & the chef made me a wonderful egg white with goat cheese and onions. This dish was not on the menu but it was superb. The service was great! I highly recommend this cafe for breakfast, brunch or lunch. :-)

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The early Bird menu is a great value. It even comes with a glass of wine. The restaurant is small and cosy, excellent service. Downtown and close to everthing. It's a short walk from the B&B that we were staying at. You won't get a bad meal there and you can't beat the early bird deals.

1  Thank Carole56