“Fort by the sea”

St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Brunswick, Ga
“Fort by the sea”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I went here on our anniversary. He enjoyed watching the cannon being fired.. While I enjoyed taking pictures. The view from the top of the fort is beautiful. All of the main attractions are close by. It cost $14 for the pair of us which I thought was worth it. Parking is kind of hard to find. We ended up having to pay $10. Very interesting place filled with so much history.. A must see!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradenton, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great historical site!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Wonderful afternoon, fort is beautiful, leisurely walk around, topped off with firing of cannon!!
The park rangers were fun, the beautifully accessible displays were very special.

Concord, New Hampshire
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't miss this in St Augustine”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Castillo de San Marcos in old town St Augustine, Florida is a National Monument operated by the National Park Service. This fort that served as the northernmost outpost of the Spanish Empire in the New World, was first built in 1695. This is a must-see when visiting historic old St Augustine. As usual, the Natonal Park Service operates it well and authentically. There are periodic talks and demonstrations by park rangers. Various rooms of the fort contain historical displays. The construction of the also unique, and there is a commanding view of the harbor and city which the fortification protected. If you are a senior citizen and havce a lifetime Senior Pass from the park service, admission for the cardholder and up to three companions is free.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very interesting”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

To be honest, I really wasn't that interested in visiting the fort. I'm really not a sightseeing person. I have to say that I did find it to be very interesting, and pictured in my mind what it must have been like to live in that time period.

West Palm Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved this”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was one of my favorite attractions of the whole trip. I could have stayed there all day and listened to the tour guide. I had so many questions that were answered by our wonderful guide. The history behind this place was both amazing and sad but it is still a must see attraction for all.

Visited January 2013