“Wonderful tour guide - Smokey”
Review of Red Train Tours

Red Train Tours
Ranked #9 of 117 Tours in St. Augustine
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy more options at a better price than anywhere else in St. Augustine! We offer one day, three day and five day passes and have recently added a "Once around" tour if you are pressed for time. We offer an award-winning 80 – 90 minute, fully narrated historical tour of the Nation’s Oldest City. Our “open-air” Sightseeing Trains cover over 7 miles and visit dozens of historic sites. Our Sightseeing Train tours begin every 20 minutes beginning at 8:30 am. Guests may get on and off at over 20 locations and enjoy free parking at our Ripley owned ticket locations. All guests receive free on-demand shuttle service to and from area hotels, free shuttle service to the Alligator Farm and the St. Augustine Lighthouse with tickets, and $1 passes to “Bayfront Mini-Golf”.
Cincinnati, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful tour guide - Smokey”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family has been coming to St. Augustine for the past 7 years and we always use the Red Train Tours. We thought that we had heard and seen it all, but to our surprise our tour guide Smokey really made the tour new. He was funny and filled with new bits of trivia that we hadn't heard. What we were most impressed with was an impromptu stop on his last run of the day to have his picture taken with a toddler wearing a train hat. Our train was not crowed and he asked if it was ok to stop and pose. Everyone on the tour was impressed with his random act of kindness. He is a wonderful ambassador for St. Augustine and an employee who clearly loves his job. My teenagers were even impressed and trust me that take alot.

1 Thank Kelly H
Kimberly K, General Manager at Red Train Tours, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour, and Smokey as your guide. We do try to go the extra mile, especially where children are concerned. Thank you so much for choosing our tour, and for sharing such wonderful feedback.

Jacksonville, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Lots of trains, little waits, and awesome history lessons!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

So I reviewed this attraction about a year ago and had a terrible time. Our train was in a traffic accident, and it was the worse experience ever.

Fast forward to now; totally different experience. The main thing; no traffic crashes! Lol. For real though, the history was great, and the trains were plentiful. In other words, little to no wait times to get to your destination. A lot of people don't know they also offer a free shuttle from your hotel in the morning, which was great since our hotel was a good 20 minute walk and it was 90 degrees outside.

I will definitely use this train again next time I am in St. Augustine.

Visited July 2014
I am so glad that you gave us the opportunity to redeem ourselves! Thank you so much for giving us a second chance, and for sharing such positive feedback. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and that you let the Red Trains be a part of your return to St. Augustine. Thank you!
The Villages, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A few hours in St. Augustine”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We traveled with a group from The Villages, FL. Our Red Train Tour conducted by Smokey was most enjoyable & informative. I'd been to St. A twice before, & nothing compares with a tour with an experienced & entertaining guide such as we had yesterday. I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for the high praise! We greatly appreciate that you chose our tour, and that you took the time to share such wonderful feedback. Thank you so much for making us a part of your St. Augustine experience!
Covington, Kentucky
“Wonderful time in Saint Augustine, FL”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I would like to let you know what a wonderful tour I had by Smokey. he was the most nicest and knowledgeable tour guide we had while in Florida. He was very friendly and I just want someone to know that you are very lucky to have him as an employee. Just wonderful

Thanks
Marianne

Visited July 2014
I have to agree. We are very fortunate to have Smokey as a part of our Red Train family. I'm sure that it will mean a lot to him when he reads your review. Thank you so much for both choosing the Red Trains, and for sharing such a wonderful review.
Stephenville, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Texas tourist”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Train was great .driver was very knowledgeable and friendly. I liked being able to get on and off at any stop. Parking was a little crazy but we used the garage at the visitors center. Also got tickets for my parents buy one get one for 10 dollars.I highly recommend it.we only had one day but you could get tickets for up to 3 days. .

Visited July 2014
Kimberly K, General Manager at Red Train Tours, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour! We are so thankful that you chose our tour and greatly appreciate the wonderful review. Thank you and we hope that you have a safe trip back to Texas!

Been to Red Train Tours? Share your experiences!