“Friendly drivers with good info”
Review of Red Train Tours

Red Train Tours
Ranked #10 of 119 Tours in St. Augustine
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy more options at a better price than anywhere else in St. Augustine! We offer one day, three day and five day passes and have recently added a "Once around" tour if you are pressed for time. We offer an award-winning 80 – 90 minute, fully narrated historical tour of the Nation’s Oldest City. Our “open-air” Sightseeing Trains cover over 7 miles and visit dozens of historic sites. Our Sightseeing Train tours begin every 20 minutes beginning at 8:30 am. Guests may get on and off at over 20 locations and enjoy free parking at our Ripley owned ticket locations. All guests receive free on-demand shuttle service to and from area hotels, free shuttle service to the Alligator Farm and the St. Augustine Lighthouse with tickets, and $1 passes to “Bayfront Mini-Golf”.
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Friendly drivers with good info”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We got a three day pass for the red trains during out visit. We enjoyed the rides and convenient stops! The only downside was that the trains only came every 20 minutes so if we just missed one, we had a long wait. It did seem as if other trains were coming by more frequently.

Visited March 2014
Kimberly K, General Manager at Red Train Tours, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking our tour and for sharing your kind review. I am so sorry about the wait time, but sometimes, we are at the mercy of what can be heavy traffic here. We are greatly appreciative of the review, and that you choose to ride the Red Trains. We do realize that we are the smaller company, but we do try to make up for it with excellent service. Thank you!

Hewitt, New Jersey
“Reed is an excellent tour guide!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I took the Red Train tour today. Our driver/tour guide was Reed. We could not have asked for a more informative, entertaining, and responsible guide. He was extremely knowledgable and told the best " groaner" puns that made the trip a lot of fun. It is no easy feat to drive those narrow traffic filled streets and provide such a great narration. Hats off to Reed for a job very well done!

Visited March 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and for taking the Red Trains. I am sure that Reed will be very happy when he reads this. We realize that there are other options in town, and we are extremely appreciative that you took our tour. Thank you!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“All Aboard!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

What a beautiful day we spent in St. Augustine today. My wife and I were visiting our best friends and suggested we take the Red Train Tour. We're so glad we did. Our driver, Reed, was AWESOME!! He was informative as well as being very witty. He had our whole train laughing at his jokes but yet still spoke knowledgeably about all the amazing facts that surround this beautiful city. He was an absolute delight. Highly recommend this tour.

Visited March 2014
Thank you so much for both choosing our tour, and for sharing such a wonderful review! I am sure that Reed will be thrilled with the kind words when we share this with him. We greatly appreciate you allowing us to share our beautiful city with you. Thank you!
Orlando, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“The bad outweighed the good”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We arrived Sat the 15th & bought a 3 day unlimited ride ticket for myself, my 11,9 & 3 yr old. (3yr old was free) We rode the 90 min tour all the way through with Julie who was awesome and you can tell that she enjoys her job & does extra research on her own to do her job well. We rode the next day and decided to get off at a stop. When we returned we waited and the train that arrived was packed full. Our party had to break apart to fit on the train and other families had to wait for another train :/ The guide was horrible. He mumbled the whole ride, he didnt tell half the info Julie did and another rider mentioned he sounded like a history teacher annoyed he was there. We got off at another stop and were picked up by a different train and that one again was packed full but others said all the trains that had came were packed. May I mention that they had an empty train that was being used to train employees why paying passengers sat on each others laps. (Yes it was that bad-i shud have took a picture). When we got off it was a relief. Until, i noticed later that day they charged me for 3 adults :/ (it was 1 adult and 2 kids & the 3 yr old shud b free $28-difference) and then I had to run all over to get my refund :( but they did not hassle me about the refund at all. I will not be using them again because there is alternative trolleys in town. If I could be guaranteed to get Julie or someone like her every time and a guaranteed place to sit I would defintely go back. Julie was just amazing. She even encouraged people to move over, etc when new passengers were getting on. The mumbling guy said, "next trolley in 20 minutes" :/

1 Thank TyjaNichole
While I am glad that you enjoyed Julie's tour, I am so sorry that you had to wait. That is certainly not the experience that we want anyone to have. Unfortunately, there are times, especially on busy days like that, that we are at the mercy of outside factors. It sounds like we fell short of your expectations that day and I am terribly sorry. Please feel free to contact us for a full refund.
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“incredible”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a great tour from red train tours. We purchased the three day on/off pass and was not disappointed. We had the opportunity to have several tour guides, they all did great but Reid was the BEST.

All of the staff at the ticket office and all, of the drivers were AWESOME!

Visited January 2014
It means a lot to us to hear that people found our tour enjoyable and our staff friendly and knowledgeable. Thank you for choosing our tour and for writing such a kind review. We greatly appreciate it!

Been to Red Train Tours? Share your experiences!