“Great tour, great guides, great value!!”
Review of Red Train Tours

Ranked #9 of 120 Tours in St. Augustine
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy more options at a better price than anywhere else in St. Augustine! We offer one day, three day and five day passes and have recently added a "Once around" tour if you are pressed for time. We offer an award-winning 80 – 90 minute, fully narrated historical tour of the Nation’s Oldest City. Our “open-air” Sightseeing Trains cover over 7 miles and visit dozens of historic sites. Our Sightseeing Train tours begin every 20 minutes beginning at 8:30 am. Guests may get on and off at over 20 locations and enjoy free parking at our Ripley owned ticket locations. All guests receive free on-demand shuttle service to and from area hotels, free shuttle service to the Alligator Farm and the St. Augustine Lighthouse with tickets, and $1 passes to “Bayfront Mini-Golf”.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm rating this tour as I'm on it thanks to the Trip Advisor app. My tour guide Brandon is wonderful, he's very knowledgeable about the city and makes the tour very interesting. He also adds personality to the tour, he's definitely not your usual blah-blah tour guide. The tour is a great value as you can ride all day and get on & off as much as you'd lie. All in all, this is a great tour that I would recommended to anyone visiting St Augustine.

Kimberly K, General Manager at Red Train Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for riding the Red Trains and for giving such a nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed your tour guide, Brandon and are thankful that you made us a part of your visit to St Augustine!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have always enjoyed taking the trains. It is a great way to get around in St. Augustine. Three days of riding for a very reasonable price. The tour guides were very knowledgeable about the history of the area. They have a script but there are some extra tidbits that most drivers throw in to add to the value. I never had a long wait on a train. Once there was a slow drive but it was because if traffic not the driver.

Kimberly K, General Manager at Red Train Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you so much for riding with us and for posting such a wonderful review! I am glad that your son enjoys it too! It is always fun to see the faces of the families with children as they board. Thank you again and we greatly appreciate that you chose us as your way to tour St. Augustine!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a great way to see St. Augustine. The trains run every 20 minutes or so and you can hop on and off.

We always love to hear when people have a great time becuase we have a great time giving the tours! Thank you so much for visiting our beautiful city and for choosing the Red Trains as your tour. We realize that there are many options in town and we appreciate you making the Red Trains part of your visit. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your tour. Thank you so much!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were told that the shuttles made rounds every 20 minutes, but we never waited less than 30 minutes for a "train" to showup.

Our "train" also ended up getting in a crash mid-tour, and the driver started cussing over the intercom. The police showed up to make a report, and the driver never gave us any direction as to if another train was coming, nothing! My mother, 2 brothers, and sister were stranded and waited at least 35 minutes for another "train" near the Casa Monica that never came, and ended up walking back to where we were parked.

I cannot express both my embarassment and remorse for the situation enough. I am so sorry that this was your experience in our beautiful city. I do hope that you will contact us and request a refund. We do have a money back guarantee and I never want anyone to go away with an experience such as this. Please contact me at Ripley's Believe it or NOt and I will do my best to try to make this right. Thank you for choosing us and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just got back from St Augustine with my family. We took the red train tours, because we always use this train instead of the Old Town Trolley. It was a rainy day and sprinkled, then poured rain at times. On the train they give a history of the areas that they pass, on your way to the sites. The sound system was broken on the first one, but he appologized in advance..no big deal. We went to about 3 sites and decided to walk thru Old Town....As we got Very Far thru old town the weather was worse and it started to pour again so we decided to leave. The trains are advertised to come thru the sites about every 20-30 minutes tops. We stood on the side of a building at the stop for 45 minutes, with no Red train...The Old Town Trolleys were coming thru every 10 minutes and just waving at us...at this time there were about 25 other people with the same idea as us. We called to the Red Train office to find out what was wrong, they informed us that they weren't coming to pick anybody up because there was a tornado warning out !!!! What The @#$% ? We were all stranded in the middle of town, miles away from our cars in a tornado warning. O.K. if that is there rules, why the crap didnt they tell us when we bought our tickets that that was there policy, OR could they not have had a representative come to each bus stop to inform the masses of people to stop waiting for them because they werent coming ? The green Old Town Trolleys never stopped running, they got all of their passengers safely to there destinations. I Will Never use the Red Train again, I have family in St Augustine that I visit often, they will never get our business again !!!

4  Thank amazedgirl

I am so sorry that this was your experience on the Red Trains. We certainly never want anyone to go away unhappy and we do offer a money back guarantee. Unfortunately, this is a scenario that we could not predict. I have the responsiblity for the lives of everyone on board our trains and that is not something that I do not take lightly. While I never enjoy disrupting someone's schedule, I have to make that second to making sure that everyone is out of harms way. We dropped our guests at Ripley's and even let them tour for free while the storm passed. We did have several vans checking stops trying to make sure that we were able to collect everyone, but it sounds as if we fell short in your case. You mentioned our competition and I just read one of thier reviews stating that they too stopped during the tornado warning. We all have to put everyone's safety first. I do hope that you will contact us for a refund. Again, I am so sorry that you had this experience. I assure you that it is nothing that any of us enjoyed going through!

Been to Red Train Tours? Share your experiences!