“Twice”
Review of Schooner Freedom

Schooner Freedom
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our family invites you to enjoy the historic seaport of Saint Augustine, Florida on board the 76 foot tall ship Schooner Freedom. Hoist a sail, look for wildlife, and enjoy the beauty of our tranquil waters. Setting sail daily for Day Sails, Sunset Sails, Twilight Sails, and Full Moon Sails. Call for departure times and schedule.We are available for private chartersWeddings - Bereavements - Groups EventsAnniversaries - Corporate Outings - School Trips
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Twice”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We love sunset sailing!! Land locked though we are, from the moment of our phone inquiry to the two actual sails!! Great, caring people to deal with. I say that with all sincerely . These people are lovely!
We met unbelievable great people on board, had so much fun , all the while enjoying breathtaking views of dolphins, St Augustine and the ocean. Who can ask for more?❤️

1 Thank Smollyg

Maitland, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We just got back from St. Augustine & this sailing venture was a highlight from our trip! We had such a beautiful, amazing and relaxing experience on the Freedom Schooner. We had never been sailing and weren't sure what to expect, but it was very comfortable, enjoyable and informative. The captain and crew all obviously love what they do and were very friendly and patient in answering our novice questions. We went on the sunset sail and it was absolutey gorgeous. We saw quite a few dolphins. My husband usually gets sick out at sea, but he was fine with maybe a 5-10 minute or so bit of nausea that went away quickly. We both completely loved the experience and have fallen in love with sailing because of it. I even wanted to go back the next day and go again! I would recommend this to anyone who loves the water and relaxation.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cmms22
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MAGICAL”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was an amazing experience. Sailing on this vessel with the sun reflecting off the water, the breeze (and the spray if you choose to sit forward) in my face was a truly unforgettable time. I can now understand why people would spend their lives at sea and how they fall in love with sailing. The captain and crew were very friendly, knowledgeable, and well-practiced/coordinated in the performance of their duties. Although most reviews seem to land on love or hate, I am not exaggerating to claim that this was similar to a religious experience that people have. It is a beautiful ship and I recommend the trip to everyone heading to that region of the state.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michael Z
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Loved the Sunset Sail”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just recently did the Nights of Lights sunset sail and it was a great experience. The crew handled the boat masterfully, they were entertaining and came by often asking if drinks were desired (beer, wine, soda and hot chocolate are included). It was colder than we expected but again the crew was prepared and handed out blankets to everyone. I highly recommend sailing on the Freedom Schooner! My husband grew up sailing with his family and this was my first time, we both loved it.

Visited January 2014
Aruba
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Classy, traditional sailing experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We're long-time sailors ourselves so we know the real thing when we see it. Quiet, laid-back, and absolutely authentic. The crew was knowledgeable and friendly, and all the details were done right. They turned off the engine almost as soon as they left the dock and ... sailed. This is what a sailing adventure really should be.

Visited March 2013