“MAGICAL”
Review of Schooner Freedom

Schooner Freedom
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our family invites you to enjoy the historic seaport of Saint Augustine, Florida on board the 76 foot tall ship Schooner Freedom. Hoist a sail, look for wildlife, and enjoy the beauty of our tranquil waters. Setting sail daily for Day Sails, Sunset Sails, Twilight Sails, and Full Moon Sails. Call for departure times and schedule.We are available for private chartersWeddings - Bereavements - Groups EventsAnniversaries - Corporate Outings - School Trips
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was an amazing experience. Sailing on this vessel with the sun reflecting off the water, the breeze (and the spray if you choose to sit forward) in my face was a truly unforgettable time. I can now understand why people would spend their lives at sea and how they fall in love with sailing. The captain and crew were very friendly, knowledgeable, and well-practiced/coordinated in the performance of their duties. Although most reviews seem to land on love or hate, I am not exaggerating to claim that this was similar to a religious experience that people have. It is a beautiful ship and I recommend the trip to everyone heading to that region of the state.

1  Thank Michael Z

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just recently did the Nights of Lights sunset sail and it was a great experience. The crew handled the boat masterfully, they were entertaining and came by often asking if drinks were desired (beer, wine, soda and hot chocolate are included). It was colder than we expected but again the crew was prepared and handed out blankets to everyone. I highly recommend sailing on the Freedom Schooner! My husband grew up sailing with his family and this was my first time, we both loved it.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We're long-time sailors ourselves so we know the real thing when we see it. Quiet, laid-back, and absolutely authentic. The crew was knowledgeable and friendly, and all the details were done right. They turned off the engine almost as soon as they left the dock and ... sailed. This is what a sailing adventure really should be.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We sailed with Capt. John, Kim and John's son whose name I will remember right after submitting this review (maybe Jack?? sorry!). Before we left, John and the crew made time to talk to everyone, ask where they were from and answer any questions. The engine was used to get us into and out of the dock, but aside from that, it was basically 2 hours under sail alone. Very peaceful and relaxing, you could have had a great nap if you wanted one. Various passengers got to help raise the sails, and during the trip John and his crew talked about various sailing trips, explained the very basics of how you could sails and tacking let you sail upwind, pointed out things in the water and basically made great conversation answered everyone's questions with enthusiasm. I know I asked a handful of "dumb" questions and John answered them all with excellent detail.

This was my first time on a sail boat and hopefully it won't be my last. If we ever return to St. Augustine, we will definitely book another trip with Schooner Freedom!

2  Thank Nathan R
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I took my family on the Schooner Freedom's Sunset Sail during the Nights of Lights in Saint Augustine. Immediately afterwards there was a family consensus that this would be a staple of the return trip to the area. The crew was extremely knowledgeable and every member made time to speak with every member on the schooner (with 36 people aboard this would be no easy feat for any crew). The adventure alone made for a wonderful family experience and the crew's jovial attitude during the trip only enhanced the experience. I would give this my highest recommendation for anyone wishing to experience Saint Augustine.

1  Thank 22jolam