“Wonderful and relaxing!”
Review of Schooner Freedom

Schooner Freedom
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our family invites you to enjoy the historic seaport of Saint Augustine, Florida on board the 76 foot tall ship Schooner Freedom. Hoist a sail, look for wildlife, and enjoy the beauty of our tranquil waters. Setting sail daily for Day Sails, Sunset Sails, Twilight Sails, and Full Moon Sails. Call for departure times and schedule.We are available for private chartersWeddings - Bereavements - Groups EventsAnniversaries - Corporate Outings - School Trips
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was wonderfully friendly on our sunset sail. The view of the coast was nice and the sunset before it hid away behind low lying clouds was beautiful. We took the trip with our preteen girls and they both thoroughly enjoyed it ... especially helping heist the sails! We felt that the price for kids was a bit steep however. At $35, they had a drink each and nonalcoholic at that. We also didn't cruise much and stayed within the bay. It was still lovely however and quite interesting to see the crew and captain manage the ship so expertly. This is not a tour however. It's simply for the enjoyment of the water, the ship, and the coastal line. If you are expecting to get a narrative on the sights, then this isn't the attraction for you although the crew is knowledgeable and willing to answer questions.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family had a great time on the Freedom. Both of our sons got to help the crew raise and lower the sails. The captain and crew were very friendly and well-informed and seemed to enjoy their jobs immensely. This was one of the highlights of our trip! We even saw one of the crew another day and she asked about our plans for that day.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It had been a while since I was on the sea but what better way to reacquaint myself than with a harbor cruise. My wife and I were visiting St. Augustine on our anniversary and as a surprise for our last night there I booked passage for the two of us on the Schooner Freedom. I am so glad that I did.

The ship, a two-masted schooner, turned out to be the perfect platform for renewing my love of sailing. Once we pulled away from the slip and cut the engines, the sounds of sail and sea were sweet in my ears, drowning out the noise of life as I have come to know it. Getting a chance to participate in hoisting one of the sails carried me to a time and place rarely visited since my childhood when I first dreamed of faraway lands reachable only by bluewater vessels. The ship abounded with comfortable seating but I stood for the entire cruise, holding onto one of the lines and gazing over the bow as we chased the horizon, savoring every moment as we raced the setting sun.

The crew was as much a joy as the vessel. Knowledgeable, courteous, and genuinely friendly. There are few places I have visited where I felt as comfortable as we did around this crew. The difference being that every member truly enjoyed the responsibility of taking us passengers on a most enjoyable excursion around the harbor. They were quick with answers to questions, sharing their passion for sailing, supplying the occasional adult beverage, and even throwing in a sea story or two. I truly did not want to return.

I would like to thank the Captain and his crew for providing a wonderful finale to our anniversary trip. We have been planning our return since before we left the deck and reluctantly walked back down the pier. If you have ever felt the call of the sea, or have an ounce of salt in your veins, do not pass up the opportunity to take this trip.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our best such cruise ever- wonderful ship. Wonderful crew, too- very attentive to passengers & as fresh about the cruise as if they had not gotten to do it in a few weeks (they typically go twice a day). Great for any family mix.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Captain and crew made this day a great experience. The boat was comfortable and sailed well is what I thought was a light wind for such a heavy boat. The crew made sure all the kids had a chance to pilot the boat and they served cold drinks while out.

We're thinking of bringing a few couple back for a four or five hour private charter it was that much fun!