“A Great Way to Rediscover My Sea Legs!”
Review of Schooner Freedom

Schooner Freedom
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our family invites you to enjoy the historic seaport of Saint Augustine, Florida on board the 76 foot tall ship Schooner Freedom. Hoist a sail, look for wildlife, and enjoy the beauty of our tranquil waters. Setting sail daily for Day Sails, Sunset Sails, Twilight Sails, and Full Moon Sails. Call for departure times and schedule.We are available for private chartersWeddings - Bereavements - Groups EventsAnniversaries - Corporate Outings - School Trips
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Great Way to Rediscover My Sea Legs!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It had been a while since I was on the sea but what better way to reacquaint myself than with a harbor cruise. My wife and I were visiting St. Augustine on our anniversary and as a surprise for our last night there I booked passage for the two of us on the Schooner Freedom. I am so glad that I did.

The ship, a two-masted schooner, turned out to be the perfect platform for renewing my love of sailing. Once we pulled away from the slip and cut the engines, the sounds of sail and sea were sweet in my ears, drowning out the noise of life as I have come to know it. Getting a chance to participate in hoisting one of the sails carried me to a time and place rarely visited since my childhood when I first dreamed of faraway lands reachable only by bluewater vessels. The ship abounded with comfortable seating but I stood for the entire cruise, holding onto one of the lines and gazing over the bow as we chased the horizon, savoring every moment as we raced the setting sun.

The crew was as much a joy as the vessel. Knowledgeable, courteous, and genuinely friendly. There are few places I have visited where I felt as comfortable as we did around this crew. The difference being that every member truly enjoyed the responsibility of taking us passengers on a most enjoyable excursion around the harbor. They were quick with answers to questions, sharing their passion for sailing, supplying the occasional adult beverage, and even throwing in a sea story or two. I truly did not want to return.

I would like to thank the Captain and his crew for providing a wonderful finale to our anniversary trip. We have been planning our return since before we left the deck and reluctantly walked back down the pier. If you have ever felt the call of the sea, or have an ounce of salt in your veins, do not pass up the opportunity to take this trip.

Visited September 2012

Corinth, Mississippi
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It's the Tops”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our best such cruise ever- wonderful ship. Wonderful crew, too- very attentive to passengers & as fresh about the cruise as if they had not gotten to do it in a few weeks (they typically go twice a day). Great for any family mix.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 287 helpful votes
“What isn't to love....”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Captain and crew made this day a great experience. The boat was comfortable and sailed well is what I thought was a light wind for such a heavy boat. The crew made sure all the kids had a chance to pilot the boat and they served cold drinks while out.

We're thinking of bringing a few couple back for a four or five hour private charter it was that much fun!

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Christmas treat”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did a sunset cruise on Freedom, Captain John was a great character with a fund of entertaining bits of information. The rest of the crew were very friendly & helpful, keeping your complimentary topped up! Would recommend Freedom to anyone visiting St Augustine as a must .

Valrico, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best part of our visit”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Loved the sunset cruise and the great people running it. Will do it again the next time we are back. Drinks included in the ticket price, selection of regular or light beer, wine, or soft drinks.

1 Thank lauraansteatt