“I was skeptical - until...........”
Review of GhoSt Augustine

GhoSt Augustine
Ranked #14 of 117 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter real haunted buildings and experience the real thing on our authentic non-theatrical ghost tours and paranormal investigations as well as the Original Haunted Pub Tour of St. Augustine. We offer walking and riding tours. Riding tours go out in our comfortable 14 passenger van "the Shadow Shuttle" or in our creepy haunted Hearse. List of tours: Everdark Express, Dead Walk, Haunted St. Augustine Paranormal Investigation, Total Paranormal St. Augustine, the Pub Hearse Ride, the Original Haunted Pub Tour and ParaForce Investigations. GhoSt Augustine and its team has been featured on several TV shows; among others are My Ghost Story and Americas Most Scary Places. GhoSt Augustine also sells Ghost Hunters Equipment and it was our owner Jonas who saved the famous K2 meter from being taken out of production in 2004 and making it a staple must have piece of gear in every Ghost Hunters bag. GhoSt Augustine has a sister business called Beerhammer's. It is a Beer Gear & Gift store and tickets are sold and start from the store at 162 St. George Street - inside Heritage Walk - downtown historic St. Augustine. Tours also depart from GhoSt Augustine store at 123 St. George St. GhoSt Augustine, was founded in 2001 and is a Better Business Bureau member with A+ rating.
Inglis, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I was skeptical - until...........”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my first ghost "tour" and it ended up being the perfect "first". My friend and I signed up for a walking tour - The Dead Walk. Our guide was Nikki and she was perfect. Our group was small - only 5 of us and Nikki leading us fearlessly onward! We were each given a meter to measure electrical energy in our surrounding area. Through the neighborhoods of St Augustine we walked, making stops along the way to listen to Nikki's retelling of the hauntings associated with different places and take pictures to explore later for orbs etc. I have to admit that I spent a lot of time watching my meter, thinking to myself - sure, this is really going to do something - and then it did! I would have 2 or maybe 3 of the lights go off in an area. Mostly, as soon as I talked, they went away. Funny thing was, people right next to me didn't have their meters going off - even when we put them right next to each other! Some areas, my meter would light up all the way to the 6th (highest) light. And then we went into Antiques and Uniques Collectibles on Aviles St. Nikki had to unlock the door for us as the shop was closed. She gave us the history of the hauntings - voices heard, apparitions captured on camera - and off we went to explore. We saw a lot of meter activity in that store. Once again, one person's meter could start registering activity and the person right next to them show nothing. Story was, one ghost was a girl of about 14 who was protecting the youngest ghosts from abuse they had been suffering. I got some good readings inside, but it was outside that blew me away. As I stood on the sidewalk outside the front door as Nikki was locking up, my meter went off the charts. I think if there had been more lights they would have been lighting up!!! And it was constant - and strong - and nobody else's meters were reacting like that and it didn't stop. The activity stayed with me as I reluctantly walked up the street.... and then stopped abruptly as I reached halfway up the block. Was it the little ones seeking a grandma?? I don't know, but if I'd had any doubts before, they were gone!!
We continued on our tour and, while I got some good readings during the rest of the trip, there was nothing compared to what happened at the store.
Would I take this tour again? Definitely...... While I never caught any orbs in my pictures, my experience at Antiques and Collectibiles removed any shadow of doubt I may have had. Nikki did an outstanding job of relaying the history of the buildings as we went along. I highly recommend GhoSt Augustine and the Dead Walk tour.

Visited April 2014

Dunnellon, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“personal tour”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I took the tour this past week, with Nikki as the guide. It was a group of 5 which made it very personal. Nikki told many wonderful stories about the hauntings of the area while we were walking through, and she gave us plenty of time to investigate on our own before moving on to the next building. I really enjoyed going to the Antiques & Uniques Collectibles building. It was there that my friends sensor was very active, we think that the children who haunt the building were drawn to her 'grandmotherly' love... the activity followed her for about half a block after leaving that building! I would recommend this tour for anyone who is really interested in experiencing the haunts of the city.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank NurseDonna
Clermont, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lisa was awesome!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My friends and I came to St Augustine specifically to go ghost hunting. We had done another tour the night before, but when we saw the Hearse Ride, we said "let's try it". We were not disappointed! Lisa was an awesome tour guide and since she was a local, she knew where to take us and give us some history too. Loved going into the older part of town (which our last tour did not) and be able to use the K2 meters were fun. Will definitely go back and request Lisa and Tarique (sp?) next time. Tarique is the car, by the way, she had a personality all her own.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Madamela40
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely horrific”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Honestly I have never taken the time to write a bad review but after being up talked into this "Ghost Walk" I feel it is necessary. My boyfriend and I asked the gentlemen in the Beerhammers Beer Gear store in St.Augustine which tour would not be corny and one which we would be able to go into the sites with the K2 meter and not just stand on the outside of gates. He assured us that this would be terrifying and that the Ghost Walk had the most negative spirits, but when our tour guide Sean took us around it was walking from point to point looking into gates and buildings, after an hour and a half Sean took us into an Old Antique Shop and we were allowed to used the K2 meters for 10 minutes until being forced out by the next group, after the tour we realized it was more of a historical lesson. In conclusion great historical tour, poor investigative ghost tour.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Valarieshaw
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Refreshingly Real Ghost Tour!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Lisa was our tour guide. I was impressed with her genuine interest and knowledge of all things paranormal in St. Augustine. There was no hype and fluff, her tour was factual and she was able to share her own personal experiences with the paranormal with us as well. That added much to the experience for us. We didn't see, or sense any ghosts in our presence, but we had a great time exploring sites in the city where paranormal activity has been (and continues to be) reported.
The only thing I didn't care much for was the hearse ride itself. To me, that was a bit "gimmicky" not to mention physically uncomfortable. It was nearly impossible to see the city as we were passing through, and I would've liked that.
We will book tours with this company again on future visits to St. Augustine. Thanks Lisa! :)

Visited January 2014