“The Horrible Hearse Ride”
Review of GhoSt Augustine

GhoSt Augustine
Ranked #14 of 117 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter real haunted buildings and experience the real thing on our authentic non-theatrical ghost tours and paranormal investigations as well as the Original Haunted Pub Tour of St. Augustine. We offer walking and riding tours. Riding tours go out in our comfortable 14 passenger van "the Shadow Shuttle" or in our creepy haunted Hearse. List of tours: Everdark Express, Dead Walk, Haunted St. Augustine Paranormal Investigation, Total Paranormal St. Augustine, the Pub Hearse Ride, the Original Haunted Pub Tour and ParaForce Investigations. GhoSt Augustine and its team has been featured on several TV shows; among others are My Ghost Story and Americas Most Scary Places. GhoSt Augustine also sells Ghost Hunters Equipment and it was our owner Jonas who saved the famous K2 meter from being taken out of production in 2004 and making it a staple must have piece of gear in every Ghost Hunters bag. GhoSt Augustine has a sister business called Beerhammer's. It is a Beer Gear & Gift store and tickets are sold and start from the store at 162 St. George Street - inside Heritage Walk - downtown historic St. Augustine. Tours also depart from GhoSt Augustine store at 123 St. George St. GhoSt Augustine, was founded in 2001 and is a Better Business Bureau member with A+ rating.
Ft. Lauderdale
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“The Horrible Hearse Ride”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was the worst tour that I've ever been on. Eddie, the guide, was late. He jabbered on about a child spirit in the vehicle and wanted us to play with a stuffed monkey toy so the ghost child would interact with us. Then, he took us to the grounds of the St Francis where he wanted us to jump around and play with the toy monkey for more children spirits to appear. We were two adults, and not into frolicking. He told us that we could maybe see grizzlies or pandas or elephants there, which was preposterous. When we went to the lighthouse, he told my friend to look for the haze that resembled a purple female body part which I thought was inappropriate, obscene, and bizarre. We only went to 2 locations and never got to enter a building. He provided very little in the way of haunted stories, and only spoke of them when I requested it. The only frightening aspect of this evening was the waste of time and money.

5 Thank Kim L
Jonas B, Owner at GhoSt Augustine, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
This situation has been dealt with and customer is now satisfied. Eddie has so far otherwise only got praise and outstanding reviews (please scroll down and read).

Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have visited St. Augustine for the past three years. Not only for it's past history, but also for it's past residents. The world of the paranormal in St. Augustine is an experience that I will never forget. I have always taken the haunted hearse tour and never been disappointed. Our tour guide Eddy is with out a doubt the man to be with when looking for those who had lived there so long ago. I plan on returning to get in touch with the present and the past again. St. Augustine is not only the oldest city in the country, but also the third most haunted city. If your looking for some history, a good time, and some spirits of the other kind? Then take a trip to St. Augustine, and don't forget to look up Eddy and the hearse tour. Trust me when I say, you won't be disappointed.

30 Thank George G
Lufkin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Dead Walk Tour”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently I had the opportunity to take the Dead Walk tour and our guide did a great job, very knowledgeable and had a great personality which made it even more fun, I would recommend this Tour and Company to anyone. Our Guides name was Kristi and Kudos to her for giving us a really good tour. I am looking forward to taking one of the other tours with this Company, I have stopped by the store several times and everyone has been very nice and friendly. I originally had signed up to go on the Haunted St. Augustine tour but was the only one signed up on that night, so they offered me an alternative tour and I am so glad I went. I did learn a lot about the city and some of it's history. I can only comment on our guide for the evening only because this was my first tour with them, I will go again. If all the guides are as great as Kristi was then I know it will be a very good tour. I highly recommend this tour to go and visit,

1 Thank Jim M
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Sensational”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I picked the rainiest night of the year to do the Hearse Ride, but Eddie (our guide) made it one of the most interesting tour experiences we have ever been on. Originally the tour was only supposed to last 90 minutes, but Eddie and his crew always had another story to tell us or place for us to look at. We spent nearly four hours, and some of the pictures we took were simply spooky! I was amazed at some of the things we caught on our Iphones. We stayed in touch with Eddie after our tour, and he was even nice enough to forward us additional pictures that he took with his camera via e-mail days after we returned home. A truly memorable experience and one that I would highly recommend.

33 Thank Jordan S
Jonas B, Owner at GhoSt Augustine, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for the review! All our tour guides are really good. Eddie goes way and beyond. Keep in mind that he will keep the tour length down to the official 90-120 minutes for those who prefer by driving those back and then return to his group that want a pro-longed investigation. So for those of you reading this - it does not have to be a 4 hour tour. But we hear over and over from tour guests that they have such great time on the tour that the time just flies by. Eddie and our other guides are people who love what they do. It's their passion. And therefore they deliver great tours.Thanks again and welcome back. Each night is unique! So much happening after dark in St. Augustine!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Just like the last review, found them on Groupon. Did the booze cruise. My boyfriend and I went out with juan, who was just great. Super knowledgeable and laid-back. Very fun guy all around. It was just us 3 so we got to do a lot more from what I've heard. I have to say, I've been going to St. Augustine regularly since I was little, been on many tours and have never learned as much or have had as much fun as we did with GhoSt Augustine. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone!!

Visited April 2013
Jonas B, Owner at GhoSt Augustine, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for leaving your feedback. Glad you had the best of times!