“Worst ghost tour I've ever been on, primarily because of guide.”
Review of GhoSt Augustine

GhoSt Augustine
Ranked #27 of 123 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter real haunted buildings and experience the real thing on our authentic non-theatrical ghost tours and paranormal investigations as well as the Original Haunted Pub Tour of St. Augustine. We offer walking and riding tours. Riding tours go out in our comfortable 14 passenger van "the Shadow Shuttle" or in our creepy haunted Hearse. List of tours: Everdark Express, Dead Walk, Haunted St. Augustine Paranormal Investigation, Total Paranormal St. Augustine, the Pub Hearse Ride, the Original Haunted Pub Tour and ParaForce Investigations. GhoSt Augustine and its team has been featured on several TV shows; among others are My Ghost Story and Americas Most Scary Places. GhoSt Augustine also sells Ghost Hunters Equipment and it was our owner Jonas who saved the famous K2 meter from being taken out of production in 2004 and making it a staple must have piece of gear in every Ghost Hunters bag. GhoSt Augustine has a sister business called Beerhammer's. It is a Beer Gear & Gift store and tickets are sold and start from the store at 162 St. George Street - inside Heritage Walk - downtown historic St. Augustine. Tours also depart from GhoSt Augustine store at 123 St. George St. GhoSt Augustine, was founded in 2001 and is a Better Business Bureau member with A+ rating.
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We took the Dead Walk tour with a guide named Yvonne. Having been on many ghost tours in the past I had reasonable expectations. The guide was rambling an unsure of herself and not one single person was even the slightest bit spooked. She is not good at story telling and didn't seem to have her facts straight so the atmosphere was notably lacking. Also a large group of children acting out, mocking the stories, and being completely obnoxious basically ruined the tour for us. This company should offer a walking tour for adults only so they do not feel as if they are chaperones to a middle school field trip. I would suggest to go with another company if given the option, or at least a more knowledgable, intriguing guide.

9  Thank Adrienne D
Jonas B, Owner at GhoSt Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

The Haunted Pub Tour - 9 pm or 9:30 pm departure & also the Pub Hearse Ride - those are tours we offer that you should go on if you are bothered by children on the tour. The fact that we sell child tickets at $8 on our web-site and for $10 at the gate should probably be a good hint that there could be children on the tour. Unfortunately we can not control other peoples children. Yvonne has plenty of great reviews for her tours. There just is no accounting for taste. If you did not like your tour we promise you that we compensate you by issuing tickets to any of our other tours or an exchange for merchandise. We are BBB members and been in business since 2001. We hope you read our other reviews and choose the right tour of ours - the type of tour you are looking for.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This experience by far was the ABSOLUTE best that I have ever experienced. My fiancé and I have been on every ghost tour in St. Augustine that you could think of, but never experienced much activity (No real surprise when most tours have anywhere from 15 to 40 people). We ended up being the only ones on the late tour, and we were a bit hesitant at first, but this tour is NOWHERE in the same category of the others- Not even Ghosts and Gravestones. Everywhere we went, we experienced awesome interactions that left us amazed and sometimes spooked. Eddie wasn't there to tell stories, he let the ghosts and spirits speak for themselves. If you've been on the other tours, and they left you wanting less stories and more action- Eddie's Dark of the Night Tour is the one for you! The website says 90 minutes, but we didn't get home until almost 4 am! We loved it and plan on going again next time we are in the area!

45  Thank Taylor M
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The first part of the tour, the walking part was great. The guide was informative and pleasant to listen to and answered any questions we had.
Now the second part, the hearse ride and investigation..there are no words how to describe this part of the tour.
EDDIE...I think this should be enough said. This guy is very passionate and his work, high energy, and extremely informative. Eddie opened my eyes to a world that I was very skeptical about. The first place, the business....was very interesting, and very draining on Eddie, you could tell it took a toll on him, until we left to head to the lighthouse. The lighthouse was another big eye opener for me. This time, the spirits/entitys/energy was keying on me, unlike the 1st place. I got direct responses from questions on my k2 meter, as well as a bit of audio.
This was what i was looking for in a tour, great guides and stories but most of all evidence that we are not alone! And Eddie made this happen...
If you go on this tour make sure you get Eddie as your guide, he will make the money spent on the tour worth it plus some!
Thanks Eddie!!!

45  Thank Steven H
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My daughter and I spent a weekend in St. Augustine the weekend of March 9th.

She, being an FSU student, had heard great things about a ghost tour that took you on a pub crawl to 'haunted bars'. I sought Google and landed on GhoSt Augustine's site. I recognized right away that they were part of the TAPS family (for those who don't do the SciFi channel, this is probably lost on you, however it does give them some 'street cred'), so I purchased 2 tickets online. PLEASE NOTE if you do tickets 'will call'.... show up long before your tour to pick up your tickets and make sure you ask the person which bar the tour starts at. We picked up our tickets at 200 pm and were told to meet back there 15 minutes before the tour started (830 pm) We were slightly late to join our group at the pub because the place was mobbed and it took us 10 minutes to talk to someone who could direct us.

Our tour guide, Kyle, was a tall glass of AWESOME. Not only did he give you the 'haunted' story of the pubs you visited, he was full of historical information about St. Augustine and her famous residents. As far as the price, it's nominal. You will make it up in the free drink and the economical price of the drinks at the other pubs you visit. It's a walking tour, so be prepared to walk.

Thank you to GhoSt Augustine and Kyle. We had a great time. I highly recommend this tour. I look forward to going up again soon to take the Haunted Hearse tour!

Amanda S