“Disapointed”
Review of GhoSt Augustine

GhoSt Augustine
Ranked #16 of 119 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter real haunted buildings and experience the real thing on our authentic non-theatrical ghost tours and paranormal investigations as well as the Original Haunted Pub Tour of St. Augustine. We offer walking and riding tours. Riding tours go out in our comfortable 14 passenger van "the Shadow Shuttle" or in our creepy haunted Hearse. List of tours: Everdark Express, Dead Walk, Haunted St. Augustine Paranormal Investigation, Total Paranormal St. Augustine, the Pub Hearse Ride, the Original Haunted Pub Tour and ParaForce Investigations. GhoSt Augustine and its team has been featured on several TV shows; among others are My Ghost Story and Americas Most Scary Places. GhoSt Augustine also sells Ghost Hunters Equipment and it was our owner Jonas who saved the famous K2 meter from being taken out of production in 2004 and making it a staple must have piece of gear in every Ghost Hunters bag. GhoSt Augustine has a sister business called Beerhammer's. It is a Beer Gear & Gift store and tickets are sold and start from the store at 162 St. George Street - inside Heritage Walk - downtown historic St. Augustine. Tours also depart from GhoSt Augustine store at 123 St. George St. GhoSt Augustine, was founded in 2001 and is a Better Business Bureau member with A+ rating.
Augusta, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Disapointed”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading all of the positve comments from Tripadvisor we decided to book the "dead walk" tour which took us to the Olde town part of the City. The guide seemd to be inexperienced with St.Augustine (he recentley moved to the city in September). About ten minutes into the tour if felt like we had made a mistake. The stories seemed a little disjointed and not authentic (I know, what would you expect with a ghost tour). There seemed to be a lot walking time with very little explanation of the history of the the area we were exploring. St Augustine is a wonderful city with a lot of interesting history. I was reallly looking forward to this tour. Unfortunately, I was very disapointed in the quality. This may have been a fluke and dependent on the guide.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Steven W
Jonas B, Owner at GhoSt Augustine, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your feedback. The guide you had is a brand new guide (we only have one male guide for that tour, so that is how I know who it was). Apparently he did not do too well on his premiere night. Perhaps, stage freight. Regardless, we appreciate your honest review and will remove him from the tours. As always, we are glad to transfer a guest to another one of our tours that might be better meeting specific expectations.

“Haunted Pub Tour with Dustin was great!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fantastic and informative tour through some of downtown St. Augustine's best and most haunted bars. Our tour guide, Dustin, was particularly helpful and descriptive throughout the entire experience.

We left with a few great stories and a couple new places in the area to frequent. I highly recommend this tour for anyone looking to experience the paranormal and have a few drinks along the way!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Haunted Pub Crawl”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had Kyle as our guide and he was awesome! He showed up a lot of really neat bars and other places and gave a lot of interesting historical facts from different time periods and the reported hauntings.

Visited January 2013
7 Thank Crystal5611
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Made a believer out of me!! Thank you, Eddie”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently took a trip to St. augustine with my best friend and going on a ghost tour was at the top of our list. I was a huge skeptic and my friend was not, so decided that the best tour would be the ghost tour. It was very cold out so we ended up being the only ones on the 9:30 pm tour. Our tour guide Eddie was extremely knowledgeable of the area and science. While we had some activity at all of the stops we went to, the most chilling came at the Lighthouse. Walking around at first we could smell these sweet scent like a cigar and I felt my hair getting pushed behind me ear but we had no activity on our K2 meters, then walking around the wooded area- still no activity. We went across the street to the park and my "believer" friend started feeling uneasy so we went back across the street. While she stayed back in the light, I wanted to continue to see if there would be any activity. Eddie was amazing at letting us do our own investigation and I was happy because I didn't want to question the validity of my experience. As I was by myself I heard foots tapping loudly and like an idiot I followed them. I stood there by myself in the dark waiting to see or feel something and out of nowhere my meter went all the way to the highest bar (I hadn't seen it go that high all night and hadnt seen the meter go off in that area at all prior). I screamed and must have scared it off! Eddie grabbed my friend's camera and started taking pics. I also saw a shadow pass across the light and thought it was Eddie beause my back was turned to him, but my friend testified that he did not move. Eddie said that the ghosts of the little girls that most people encounter at the lighthouse only make the meter go up to the first or secord bar. He said that whatever I encountered came right up to me and it probably wasnt the ghost of the playful children. That was enough to make me a believer. It got weirder though, as we were leaving and getting ready to get into the hearse my meter started going crazy! I also saw a black cat run by. Once I hopped in the hearse and as we drove past the park across the street from the lighthouse both of our meters were going crazy! We were freaking out. I totally didn't believe in this stuff prior to taking this tour, and trust me I tried to find every excuse for why the things happened, but nothing makes sense. Thank you Eddie for a great tour, couldn't have asked for a better guide- he actually let our tour time run over because of the activity we were having at the lighthouse and he took us to our car so we didn't have to walk in the cold. Def. recommend it!

Visited December 2012
61 Thank Tara F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved the ghost stories.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The tour was very interesting. We have been to so many ghost tours in St. augustine and surprisingly this one had new stories and new locations we had not been to. I got tons of pictures with orbs all size and colors. It was an awesome tour. It was just a little bit cold.

5 Thank cbustamante