“The Original Haunted Pub Crawl”
Review of GhoSt Augustine

GhoSt Augustine
Ranked #27 of 123 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter real haunted buildings and experience the real thing on our authentic non-theatrical ghost tours and paranormal investigations as well as the Original Haunted Pub Tour of St. Augustine. We offer walking and riding tours. Riding tours go out in our comfortable 14 passenger van "the Shadow Shuttle" or in our creepy haunted Hearse. List of tours: Everdark Express, Dead Walk, Haunted St. Augustine Paranormal Investigation, Total Paranormal St. Augustine, the Pub Hearse Ride, the Original Haunted Pub Tour and ParaForce Investigations. GhoSt Augustine and its team has been featured on several TV shows; among others are My Ghost Story and Americas Most Scary Places. GhoSt Augustine also sells Ghost Hunters Equipment and it was our owner Jonas who saved the famous K2 meter from being taken out of production in 2004 and making it a staple must have piece of gear in every Ghost Hunters bag. GhoSt Augustine has a sister business called Beerhammer's. It is a Beer Gear & Gift store and tickets are sold and start from the store at 162 St. George Street - inside Heritage Walk - downtown historic St. Augustine. Tours also depart from GhoSt Augustine store at 123 St. George St. GhoSt Augustine, was founded in 2001 and is a Better Business Bureau member with A+ rating.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just went on Friday, with a large group of friends. We had such a blast, our tour guide Kyle was AMAZING!

This is the second time we have done this tour, because not everyone likes haunted house & scary movies, and this is a happy medium for all of us. Also it works for both people who drink and those who don't, it really is fun for everyone.

I do this with a group of friends from my school, so I have to take all this stuff into account to make sure everyone is happy, and this is just always a blast no matter if you have a large or small crowd.

Highly recommended!! Will definitely be coming back!

The tour is a blast, but your friends make it even better, so go with those who make it great :)

6  Thank Valeriya N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

It was October 29th, a full harvest moon, which occurs once in every 4 yrs, so this was a special night. We started our tour by meeting Jessica , our guide & Jennifer another guide with the 2nd hearse. Our hearses name was "Frankie" and he had to let us know he was in charge. Jessica explained so many things to us and very clearly so that not only was the "haunting history" fascinating but you learned history of St. Augustine as well. The spirits allowed us to have interaction with them as well. At the British pub, Michael communicated through the K2's, and then at O. C. Mrs. Worth made her presence, we went to cementeries and I have some apparition photos, that are really impressive. I was so impressed with Jessica & Ghost Augustine, that I am bringing a friend back in January.. I hope we are blessed enough to get Jessica again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Jessica was our guide on 10/20/2012. At every stop, 5 at most, she attempted to tell a story about something that had happened in the past. It was so obvious she was making it up as she went along. She couldn't keep up with the stories she was telling, mixing up names and events, so much so that the couple on the tour with us had to repeatedly correct her. This of course made for a most boring and thrill-less evening.The kicker is that she is the manager. Needs to memorize the script! $100 down the drain. I wish we had Tracy....she has lots of good posts.

1  Thank Troyyy
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Tracey gave a great tour. We were given a lot of city history , both normal and " para-normal". We were treated to some creepy activity at the light house, and light house park. Watch out for those swings! Riding around in the back of a " used " hearse was different , and I recommend the experience before you take a dirt nap ! It was a total blast and we would definately do it again !

See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When I think of a hunted pub tour I think of scary, dimly lit pubs with employees that are playing the part. Instead we got huge, well lit. fine dining restaurants with football games on tv and upbeat jazz music or top 40 hits playing. We only had time to go to 3 places on our tour because they were all packed, and ironically none of them were pubs. But I still give this 4 stars, because it wouldn't be fair to rank this lower because of what I think a haunted pub tour should be like. Anyways, we still had a fun time. Our tour guide, Curtis, was friendly and knowledgeable. He was also a professional magician so he had a few great tricks to show us during the tour. The tour just seemed more like a historical tour of downtown St. Augustine with a few stops at fancy restaurants and the occasional quick ghost story. I expected it to be cheesy and I was willing to play along, but when the only "proof" that a place is haunted is a picture with a white circle in it, I was disappointed (especially since I am the owner of one of the millions of cheap digital cameras that puts some sort of white flash circle in every night shot). But overall, walking through downtown St. Augustine and having a few drinks is going to be pretty fun no matter how you do it so you WILL have fun on this tour... Just know what to expect.

1  Thank Kkuurrttmm
Jonas B, Owner at GhoSt Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks for your review! The level of scary differs with the tour guide and which route that particular tour guide happens to choose. Many factors are involved in picking the route of the night. The Haunted Pub Tour is a fun type of ghost tour when you have time to be inside each haunted place and discover the spirits for yourself while socializing.

Been to GhoSt Augustine? Share your experiences!