“Going downhill fast”

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Safety Harbor
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Probably no surprise but since the bankruptcy filing, despite the reassurances sent out and published in the media, the services continue to decline. One of the main features of the facility is the heated lap pool which has been without heat for most of the last two weeks which covered both Christmas and New Years weeks. Today I played tennis (the condition of the courts is a whole other review) and went in to take a shower and was told there was no soap or shampoo available in the locker rooms. The spa staff is friendly and tries to accomodate but can't do much when there doesn't seem to be any attention paid to the basics anymore.

• Stayed: January 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Hotel room dirty, when finally spoke to manager, she was surly & condesending. Spa needs to be properly maintained. Such a shame as it is great location & with better management & Staff it could really be a lovely destination. Needs employee overhall desperately.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I have stayed at the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa on several occasions and have always had a great experience. The staff is helpful, the views are amazing, the beds are comfortable and the restaurant serves exceptional food. This is the first time that I have come for a "spa day" with friends and will definately plan to do it again. We had lunch in the restaurant and used the pool between spa services. All of our appointments were on time and we felt very pampered. Overall, the day was smooth and relaxing, as a spa day should be.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I had both a positive and a very negative experience here. The manicure was fine, the hair updo fun. The pedicure was awful, overpriced, poorly done by a dour, unfriendly employee. They tell me they recently renovated the spa facilities, but generally feels like a basement. Little natural light. Employees are a combination of experienced professionals and students. Complaint to general manager seemed unproductive once he determined I was passing through. I did not stay at the hotel as I was renting a nearby cottage.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2010

My stay at the resort was actually quite pleasant. However on arrival there were two upsetting events. Even though we had ordered two queen beds, which we had called the resort about directly and were assured that was what we were getting, on arrival we were told we had a king bed. We were told that was all that was available! After much arguing with the desk person, he finally found another room that was really an upgrade, but which had had work done in the bathroom and needed cleaning around the sink.
The other unplanned and upsetting incident occured on check in as well. Even though in our call to the resort we had asked if there were any other charges for the room and were told "no", we were told that there was a $16, per day resort fee for everyone staying there. This was extremely annoying, since we had pont blank asked before! Also the personel at the desk were even unaware of things happening in their own town. We had to ask at a local restaurant! Pool towels were also only sporatically available.
With the amount of traffic the resort gets with weddings conferances etc, there customer service needs a great deal of improvement!
I would reccomend the resort with caution. I would want people to know about the resort fee! People should be told ahead about this fee. It should not be hidden and people shouldn't be told on check in when they have no other choice but to pay it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mickie12
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This resort was a nice unpretentious place to stay for a "de-stressing". We stayed for 4 days and treated ourselves to the Spa services and ate at the hotel's restaurant every day. The food was very good, the service was excellent. We really did not venture into town as we were there to do absolutely nothing. Most everyone that I came into contact with at this resort was so very nice and friendly . The pool area and grounds were well tended and the view from our Palm Pavillion room was breathtaking. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!!! I have never been to a Spa of any kind and usually do not fit in with the "spa goers", but the guests were of all shapes, sizes and ages, I did not feel the least bit out of place. They have a wonderful history room that was so relaxing that I took out my kindle and read for a while. What I say is the real deal and I am definately going to return!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I sent there for a weekend, the place was fabulous.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Beso Del Sol Resort
Beso Del Sol Resort
#4 of 8 in Dunedin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater

Been to Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!