Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Trademark Collection
Mar Bay Motel & Suites(Safety Harbor)(Great Value!)
$127
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$110
$70
$75
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton.com
$61
$95
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

1,118 results
All reviewssteam roomindoor poolexercise classeshistoric hotelview of the bayfitness centerclearwater beachtampatikiweddingtubsrelaxationmanateestennispoolside
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my 4th or 5th visit to the spa, but it had been many years since the last one. The place LOOKED the same BUT the spa treatments were very different.
Message was mediocre at best and the facial was more about selling products then caring for my face.
There was a roach on the floor in the women’s changing room.
Love the setting and outdoor area but had much better services elsewhere. So sad.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank xraylady
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a very old hotel/spa with a long history. The common areas are very unique and rustic/quaint in a good way.

Room is great, nice bed. Hotel includes spa, tennis, multiple pools including a large indoor one.

Not fancy not modern a unique place to stay.

A couple restaurants onsite and multiple additional ones in walking distance

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a 4 day conference. It was very comfortable, clean and beautiful! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The meals were delicious and the wait staff was excellent! I recommend the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa for meetings or family get aways!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I live about an hour from the resort so I planned an overnight stay including spa services. Thought it might be a little too low-key for my liking, but was pleasantly surprised by how much there was to do, both at the resort and the attached Main Street area.

I did a duo of ala carte resort treatments - facial, wrap, and massage. Even on a busy weekend, the timing was prompt and the services were professional and very pleasant. Between treatments you can chill in one of several areas, either the private gender-specific spa, the shared interior pool and hot tub area, or the exterior pool and tiki hut. All are easy to access, generally clean, and well attended to.

Inside the woman-only spa area is a dry sauna, a wet sauna, and a cold plunge pool - very refreshing.

The place encourages you to wear your spa robe all around, even to the restaurants inside the resort. It’s kind of unique and fun.

The really nice thing is that as a guest, you have unlimited use of the spa amenities, even if you are not getting treatment. That was a nice bonus that we used several times.

The outside pool and tiki bar are what you would expect. There is also a walking trail down by the bay. If lucky, you can catch sight of a manatee or dolphin.

We also played tennis one morning on nicely attended clay courts.

The safety harbor Main Street has a good assortment of bars, restaurants and other entertainment. On a Saturday night there were multiple places with live music. I highly recommend Sips Wine Bar. All of this is walkable - you can park you car and not use it again.

It’s a really nice place to get away to right around the corner from Tampa.

A few ‘secret shopper’ type suggestions for management:
- Install clocks in the spa waiting rooms. There is pretty strict attention to being on time for each treatment, but no way to ever tell what time it is as you come and go. I had to keep using a courtesy phone to call the front desk. Seems like an easy fix.

- make sure ceiling tiles in the spa treatment rooms are clean. It was disappointing to lie down and everything was pleasant, except looking straight up at dirty and stained ceiling tiles in some of the rooms.

- soften overhead lighting in some of the treatment rooms. Same as above, lying on your back and having glaring bright lights shining straight down is not very spa-like.

Overall, I recommend the experience and would likely return.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carole212
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband I were able to visit this spa yesterday because I received a certificate for a couple's massage for my birthday. This place is pricey enough that we probably wouldn't have come otherwise.

So, first things first, parking. It's a hassle. There isn't a large enough lot for the amount of people who want to park in the paved lot, so they do have an area under the trees where you can park. But beware, there are no lines demarcating each spot, and some folks can park in a manner that is inconsiderate to others around them, so beware of that.

Both levels of the resort lobby areas are bright, with tons of natural light streaming in. That said, the decor of this place seems a little dated. In my personal opinion, for the amount of money that you have to pay for services here, I would like to see a more modern look. They have a sort of Grecian motif going on, so lots of grape leaves and depictions of Grecian life.
We checked in with no issues (I mention that specifically because other reviews for this establishment state that the front desk staff were rude - but we also didn't deal with the staff upstairs). Taxes and an 18% gratuity are added to the total of your visit, which can make for a bit of sticker shock, so if you're calling to book treatment, don't hesitate to ask for cost so that you can plan accordingly. The one thing that I liked A LOT was that as long as you have at least one treatment booked, you have access to ALL amenities on the ground, unless otherwise stated. This includes all pools, the fitness center, saunas (both wet and dry), tiki bar, and restaurants.

Right off the spa check-in desk are two shops, the salon, and the doors to the pool deck. Back the way you came is the check-in for massage treatments, which gives you access to the lap pool, and indoor pool, saunas, and locker room facilities.
My husband and I had manicures done at the salon by Natalia and Jennifer. We were greeted immediately and offered water as we sat on the loveseat. I don't think we waited any longer than 15-20 minutes for our techs to finish their current customers, clean up, and call for us.
Jennifer was chatty and entertaining. She worked quickly and efficiently, asking me questions about my visit and summer plans. I would definitely go back to her. My husband had Natalia, and he said that she gave a wonderful hand massage after noticing how stiff his hands were because of a joint issue.

After our nail appointment, we walked outside to the pool deck. The pool was about the size of a hotel pool, maybe larger, but was well maintained. The pool area itself was spacious, with a fair amount of umbrellas to sit under. The tiki bar itself was shaded, but had an awning out so that guests could still be in the water but close to the bar. There were also a handful of other tables. Past the bar is a wide open patio with no discernible purpose with one side open and a small stairway leading out to an open field. Beyond the field is Tampa Bay and the Safety Harbor Municipal Dock. My husband and I walked out to the dock and were rewarded with sightings of not only mana rays, but also dolphins and manatees. In the two years I've lived in Clearwater, I've yet to see manatees in their natural habitat, so that was a treat for me.

We ate at the tiki bar (shrimp caesar for me and a bacon cheeseburger), and a couple of drinks. For two Tito's Lemonades, a water, and our food, we paid at least $50. Food was alright. I've had better and I've had worse. Was it worth the cost? Nah.

So, when you check in for your massage treatments, they give you a robe, a key card, and a key for your locker. The women's locker room had showers, and a couple of different doors that lead to the hall which heads to the pools, the sauna area, and the waiting room for massages. The hot tubs are found down one of these halls, in a windowed room next to the indoor pool. The pool was lovely and cool, even if it did smell very strongly of chlorine. There was a door that lead to the outdoor lap pool.
The rooms with the saunas has a couple of showers, and the separate sauna area, a couple of hydro-treatment baths, and a smaller pool under sun room. I found this room to be the most calming and would have loved to spend more time there.

My husband and I both had masseurs named Jay. They explained their process and what they would need us to do before leaving us alone to get settled.
The bottom line for this massage was that I think it was the best I've ever had. I don't know if Jay was just that good, or if it was because he was the first male masseuse I've ever had, but wow. The spa I went to in Mexico might have been prettier and more modern, but I left Safety Harbor Resort and Spa feeling genuinely refreshed, and I think my husband can say the same.

Overall, I think I would come back, with another gift certificate. The place is expensive and maybe a bit dated, but the massage was amazing and the atmosphere was nice. I can see why people would staycation here.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple