Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Mar Bay Motel & Suites(Safety Harbor)(Great Value!)
$132
Agoda.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$107
Fairfield Inn
$54
$73
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$89
$99
Hampton.com
$57
1,104 results
All reviewssteam roomweight roomindoor poolexercise classeshistoric hotelview of the bayfitness centerclearwater beachtampatikiweddingtubsrelaxationgratuitymanateespoolside
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

When we walked in, the lobby looked really nice and everything, but immediately I smacked with a $16 surplus charge that really should have been included in the price of the room. It was basically to use the facilities and internet and the coffee in the room.

The room was decent and the TV got all of 27 channels, 7 were trying to get you to buy pay per view and 15 of them were channels you wouldn't really want to watch anyway.

For dinner we went down to the restaurant for dinner, I ordered a salad and my boyfriend ordered chicken. We waited an hour and our food never showed up, and neither did the waiter.

It definitely wasn't worth the money!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Travelingin2014
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here after The Best Damn Race 10k. What a world of difference the massage & pool made! Afterwards, fell into an insanely comfortable bed & did not leave! Loved everything about this place! Wish we hadn't skipped the brunch but the stay was a lifesaver after the race!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JujuG8r
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I live locally and have only been to the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa a few times to eat and then to the spa. This property is in need of a major facelift. The overall decor, and space is very outdated. I was given a gift certificate to the spa, which is advertised as World Renowned. I have been to spas all over the USA and outside the country and while spas differ from place to place the overall ambiance, mood and service is consistent. The spa has a feel of a glorified locker room. There are high school boys working the desk and offer no assistance. I was not escorted through the spa doors and became completely turned around. The relaxation room where you wait is anything but relaxing. Outdated chairs from the 1980s and women walking around with a cooler on wheels refilling ice in the water coolers. The massage rooms are very outdated, the blankets are old and I was uncomfortable getting on the table. The manicure and pedicure area is separate from other spa services, which is fine, but you have to walk thru a public area in your robe which is uncomfortable. The nail area if old and outdated as well and the service is average at best. I will not be going back there as there are better spas in the Tampa area that make you feel pampered for start to finish. They automatically charge gratuity onto your service which I was not made aware of at the time of my booking. When you compare the price for the services and the service you received......it is overpriced. My recommendation........go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Rica603
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great resort, great location with great view. Right next to marina and walking distance from main st with all the restaurants and bars. Safety Harbor is cool little town sanctuary on the water in pinellas county. This is an old resort and is noticeable but still beautiful, a VERY large property.

Room Tip: All the rooms with bay view are the only way to go!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Vincenzo R
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Pros-
*reasonable room price for quality of room
*the location of the hotel was close to downtown Safety Harbor

Cons-
*The wifi service included in the $16 resort fee was very poor. My iPad dropped service every few minutes and I was unable to pick up any good cell service. I called three (813) numbers and they were all charged to the room as long distance. Each call was under a minute and when we checked out each call was over $10 totaling over $30 in fees. I called the front office telling them that I was unable to make any local calls. He asked if they were 813 numbers and I said "yes". He told me to just try to hit the area code first. At no time did he say "those are considered long distance calls". For those of you that don't know, the 813 area code is a few miles away. We complained about this at check out and the lady told us that when she stays at hotels she never uses the room phones.
*I called the spa over a week in advance to schedule a couples massage. When we showed up for our couples massage, they told us that no appointment was showing up. After several minutes, they realized that they booked us in the wrong year and month. We still didn't think it was a problem until they told us "sorry" and that there were no massages available until after our stay. We were shocked. Eventually, the manager was able to have a massage therapist stay late to provide one massage for one of us at 5pm. We planned our day around the massages so it was a huge inconvenience and they felt no need to find any other ways to accommodate us other than to say they were "sorry" for making the mistake. When my husband called the front desk to speak to the general manager/supervisor of the hotel, he told us the spa was a separate entity and that we had to speak to the manager there (which we did and didn't get anywhere). I was ready to leave the hotel at that time but we thought we could still stay and enjoy the spa. As we tried to enjoy our day at the spa, we were disappointed to see that the whirlpools were under construction and that that the indoor pool was drained. It smelled bad and lacked many amenities that we paid for with the resort fee.
*The overall organization of the hotel was disorganized. When I would call the front desk for questions, they seldom answered. When they did pick up, they seemed rushed and would transfer me to someone else who could not answer my questions. I mentioned that no one was picking up calls and I was told that there were four people working behind the desk and that if I called again someone would answer...
*The elevators either didn't work or you had to wait more than the five minutes we would give it to open up. I am 8.5 months pregnant and I had to use the stairs the whole time.

I would not recommend this place until all the construction was done and it is under new management.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple